Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Lounge

Old 25-12-2015, 11:01 AM
Deactivated Account
Christmas alone

Anyone else spending Christmas alone? Last year I was in a relationship and went to his family, but now I am single again and have had a falling out with half siblings after my dad's death, so I've made the decision to spend the day alone. I've done it before and don't really mind but there's a small undercurrent of sadness. I've put music on and going to cook myself a roast (nut one as I'm veggie) then probably watch Morecambe and Wise....
Old 25-12-2015, 11:12 AM
Ascender
May I come for dinner?
Lets celebrate it with dance and food
Old 25-12-2015, 11:15 AM
Deactivated Account
You're certainly more than welcome :) I've got Christmas music blaring out to dance to!
Old 25-12-2015, 11:18 AM
Master

I'm mostly alone - going to a friend's for lunch and that will be hard for various reasons. But, it's what I need to do for various reasons.

I'm focusing on the positives of not pleasing people that are getting on my nerves!! Christmas is a day that is fraught with troubles in one shape or form.
Old 25-12-2015, 11:19 AM
Ascender
Yay thank you
Cant wait for tonight
Merry Christmas Emmalevine
Old 25-12-2015, 11:24 AM
Deactivated Account
I agree Belle. I do enjoy the peace of a day to do what I want, i have to admit.

Merry Christmas Belle and Shrek :)
Old 25-12-2015, 01:11 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmalevine
I agree Belle. I do enjoy the peace of a day to do what I want, i have to admit.

I think I would enjoy that as well (the peace and doing whatever I wanted to ). And I also think part of the sadness that you may feel is because of society, it says that you should be spending the day surrounded by a group of people/family/friends. Otherwise, something is wrong and you should feel sad. I don't believe that that is true. It is nice to be with family & friends if that is an option for you and you choose to be, but I don't feel as though it is a necessity or that one should feel sad if they do not. Everyone's circumstances, options, and choices are different. They should not be judged for it or be made to feel sad because of it.
Merry Christmas and enjoy your day, and if you start to feel sad just remember that there are some out there wishing that they were you (home alone, cooking their meal just the way they like, peaceful ....and still in their PJ's )
Old 25-12-2015, 02:24 PM
Seeker

Just me and the Kiddos this year, Last year I had my Housemate here with me.... My boys are happy and playing and I provided wonderfully for them this year so I'm proud and happy... But yeah Its still quite lonely as an adult...My family isn't very close and either live in NY, WA, FL or Ireland so no visiting family or doing dinner. I THOUGHT I might get lucky and get to spend christmas with someone but He couldn't even keep up his game through the holidays..... Its oaky lonely but Okay sunday the boys and I have been invited to a BBQ by my co worker and last night she and her wife came over and we set up bikes for her kids...... May not be my ideal christmas but its a good one ::::hugs:::
Old 25-12-2015, 04:01 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle
I'm mostly alone - going to a friend's for lunch and that will be hard for various reasons. But, it's what I need to do for various reasons.

I'm focusing on the positives of not pleasing people that are getting on my nerves!! Christmas is a day that is fraught with troubles in one shape or form.

Me too.

.................................................. ........
Old 25-12-2015, 05:35 PM
Deactivated Account
There's something to be said for being able to enjoy Christmas alone or mostly alone, without all of the hassles of trying to please others who often don't show respect for one another anyway. I was just thinking this morning, maybe I'm telling everyone that I'm not celebrating Christmas for the next few years, and I'll let them know when I will be back. I'm kind of jealous of you, in other words.

Having said that I am grateful to have my adult children, and this year with my son is very special for different reasons, so I am focusing on that.

Sometimes Christmas means different things to different people at different times, and we often forget that when we are in the midst of it. But, I am thankful for what I do have.

Have a wonderful and peaceful day! :)