Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Health

Old 15-01-2011, 05:54 PM
Suspended
Health Tips?

Some health tips I didn't learn until recently,
but I wish I'd known before, so I thought I'd share...
Daily:
Exercise/Stretch
Floss/Brush teeth,
Take multi-vitamin & Omega 3’s
Sleep 7-8 hours/night
Meditate/Breath deeply
Drink 64 oz of filtered water (pee should be clear)
Eat small meals – but more often & not too late at night.
A balanced diet is usually rich in a variety of colors.

*Singing can increase immune function by producing endorphins & the feel-good hormone, dopamine.
*Laughter increases immune function, lowers blood pressure, increases oxygen & helps reduce stress.

*Yoga lowers blood pressure & heart rate, decreases stress hormones & increases relaxation hormones like serotonin, dopamine & endorphins.
*Ballroom & Square dancing involve both physical & mental stimulation, reducing risk of dementia.

*Pets & Plants can be de-stressors (plants also produce oxygen & remove air pollutants)
*Rest eyes regularly – close, look at far distance & around.
*Avoid aluminum (linked to Altimers) in food & deodorants
*Always blow dry hair that lies against neck (helps prevent soar throat)
*Get needed vaccines & screenings
*For viral infections (like flu), antibiotics can hurt more than help...
If you do take antibiotics for bacterial infection, protect your gut by eating probiotics (like yogurt & acidophilus)

Some tips from “You, Staying Young” by Roizen & Oz, MDs

What health tips have you learned?
Old 15-01-2011, 08:19 PM
Master
-eat organic
-eat whole grains instead of white carbs
-only drink milk and water storebought, juices have added sugar in them
-eat as many raw fruits and veggies as you can, they raise vibration
- do aura cleanses / strengthening excerises daily
-use aryvedic products for body and skin they are natural
-oil your hair weekly to keep tit healthy
-get massages done to keep you balanced
- balance your chakras (a great excercise an anmol mehta.com)
-do breathing excercises
-use a shower head filter
-stand in the grass to ground your energy
-journal, therapy - reduce stress
-aromatherapy
Old 16-01-2011, 07:53 PM
Suspended
Hi Rosewater,
Thanks for such good ideas!
I found the chakra balancing you mentioned... & will try some...
http://www.anmolmehta.com/blog/2008/...hakra-centers/

I also love to stand bare-foot in grass!
Journaling helps me too.
I need to eat more fruits & vegies.
What do you mean by "aura cleanses"?
Old 16-01-2011, 08:25 PM
Master
I wish I could agree with getting vaccinations, too many have died or gotten very sick because of various factors. I noticed in recent news, they've tried very hard to discredit just one professional who supposedly made false claims about vaccinations causing autism, but I'm not buying it. It's not just the thimersol (mercury) which they've supposedly cut out, but if it's not that, it's the very nature of what goes to making it a vaccine. Proceed with caution, folks. Study up on them. I mean, if you're traveling and you have to get them, what are you gonna do, but for your KIDS, for their sake, don't blindly go in. I did and I'm sorry I did. The most obvious danger (but mommies trust docs), is how early they are giving them and how many and how often, nowadays. Don't let them vaccinate your INFANTS. It's way too soon damages their central nervous systems the potential is there and there is harm being done by them. I myself have diabetes, high blood pressure, etc., and I've refused to get flu shots, etc. when they ask me.

Old 20-01-2011, 03:24 AM
Suspended
Silvergirl,
I've heard similar before. I am weary of some vaccines.
Like when everybody was freaking about the Swine flu & insisting everyone get vaccinated, I looked into it & found out that they gave the same vaccine to military, & many suffered side effects.
I don't even take the flue shot - it just doesn't make sense - because there are so many possible virus strains & many times people get sick just getting the shot.
But some find peace of mind in them, so I understand that too.

I thought about MORE HEALTH TIPS...
*Change sheets (especially pillow case) often
*Get in a little extra work out - ie: suck in tummy while waiting in line,
Practice balance by standing on one foot while you put socks on,
Do kegels (or but squeezes) at every stop light (or wait)
*Put on good moisturizing lotion (avoid alcohol as ingredient) - go with dermatalogists' reccomendations
(may be a little pricier, but worth it & less than many of the "anti-wrinkle" lotions)

*(not really health tip but:) To moisturize & control frizzy hair, wet your hands, rub lotion & apply to hair ends & brush. (Also moisturizes your hands!)

Just For Women:
*If you're ever dry (down there) use k-y gel (or some kind of lubricant)
*For you preganant mommies... put cocoa butter on your belly daily after shower & don't miss any parts!
I didn't get any stretchmarks except for a little part where I didn't put cocoa butter. Don't forget your breasts - they stretch too!
Also, to help lessen soreness when you start nursing - make sure baby latches right & apply nursing gel (lansinoh) to your nipples after nursing.