Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 18-10-2015, 08:59 PM
Experiencer
Is there a way to express creative energy without creative talent?

I'm always so heavily inspired by the fictional worlds created by others. Some, I prefer to 'live' in more than others - when I do, I feel an intense need to release the creative energy it sends surging through me. Unfortunately for me! My creativity is locked away, rarely ever stepping into the spotlight.

Is this a matter of learning to unleash creative potential, or finding methods of expressing that energy through something different than art?

Thank you! :)
Old 18-10-2015, 09:08 PM
Deactivated Account

Movement is a big part of our creative energy. people do Yoga as form of creative art. Dancing is an art, especially dancing to a type of music you really love.
Maybe you like to collect things. People collect stones and do all sorts of things with them that it becomes a hobby.

Do you like open mic poetry? I like going to those types of shows sometimes. Hope I was somewhat helpful.
Old 18-10-2015, 10:11 PM
Master
Try some upside down drawing, this is where you draw something when you are upside down........only messing..haha.

Its a exercise to train the right side of your brain, which is the creative hemisphere. Within school everything is centered upon locking children into the left hemispheres, to become pretty much like robots. Suppressing which in my opinion is the genius mind in the process....

Upside down drawing exercise.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWWRMRZYygw

I have not tried it to be honest, but i was in a art shop the other day! and was thinking about buying a sketch pad.

Sometimes just thinking about your own theories, is creative. I sometimes just ponder about allot of things, about the nature of reality! the funny thing is, i always stumble across other people thinking the same things! or read certain concepts in books here and there.

And its interesting the way that seems to occur...

I do love good ponder.
Old 18-10-2015, 10:21 PM
Deactivated Account

LOL mind power that looks like a migraine waiting to happen. Interesting to say the least.
Old 18-10-2015, 10:22 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleur de Frost
My creativity is locked away, rarely ever stepping into the spotlight.

Is this a matter of learning to unleash creative potential, or finding methods of expressing that energy through something different than art?

Hi Fleur de Frost,

It seems to me that you have convinced yourself that your creativity is locked away.... try this

Say instead " I unlock my creativity, it is now free to express itself in whichever way it chooses to express " and see what happens ! Be open to any and all possibilities. in fact, you can add that to the saying

" I unlock my creativity, it is now free to express itself in whichever way it chooses to express. I am open to any and all possibilities of expressing my creative energy " !!

Write this down on a piece of paper or several pieces of paper and put it in places where you will see it during the day, like your fridge, bathroom mirror or wherever .....

then each day, say that saying at least 3 times ..... and let us know what happens !!

Adrienne

Old 18-10-2015, 10:24 PM
Deactivated Account

ha ha Clover ! it can't be that bad, lol .......
Old 18-10-2015, 10:26 PM
Deactivated Account

Hey Tiger, I actually thought you were serious ....in drawing upside down, and I was trying to figure out how to actually do that ! ha ha !

then I watched the video, and how simple, lol ..... or so it looks to be, I would have never thought to take a picture and draw it upside down. I will have to try it and see what happens.

Nice find !!
Old 18-10-2015, 10:38 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleur de Frost
I'm always so heavily inspired by the fictional worlds created by others. Some, I prefer to 'live' in more than others - when I do, I feel an intense need to release the creative energy it sends surging through me. Unfortunately for me! My creativity is locked away, rarely ever stepping into the spotlight.

I like exploring in every way of myself through many reflections and potentially this tends to open up potential in creativity in myself. Being inspired is often crucial, so like minded groups or like minded souls do help and support this at times, I find. Creativity is flowing being you in everyway you are right now. Wanting or seeking to expand that often requires stepping out of comfort zones and exploring things beyond the normal knowing, in the way you know yourself to be and stepping into the unknown of what your potential offers you to be.

For me creativity often opens as I let go and let the flow be itself as it wants to be.

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 18-10-2015, 10:43 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrienne
Hey Tiger, I actually thought you were serious ....in drawing upside down, and I was trying to figure out how to actually do that ! ha ha !

then I watched the video, and how simple, lol ..... or so it looks to be, I would have never thought to take a picture and draw it upside down. I will have to try it and see what happens.

Nice find !!

That would probably also work..haha

But yes this exercise could be a decent to incorporate into a weekly routine, when you draw something upside down it basically isolates your right brains faculties. But obviously not to get to caught up in the mind Curls, i like your suggestion of the affirmation! and freeing some kind of energy within us. Yes i had to also watch the video to figure out how to perform the exercise....

I was getting frustrated with some article, until i seen that video up above.

Also pondering is a good why to release creativity, like asking yourself questions and then thinking of the answer...haha..
Old 18-10-2015, 10:47 PM
Deactivated Account

Thanks on my affirmation suggestion.

Quote:
Also pondering is a good why to release creativity, like asking yourself questioning and then thinking of the answer...haha..

Yes, I agree with you !