Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Closed Thread

Old 14-09-2006, 08:04 PM
Guide

What is your Purpose?

Tell me if you've covered this in another thread and direct me to it if this has already been discussed, but I am curious to know everyone's thoughts on ones purpose in life. Do you believe each individual has one specific purpose that is layed out for them in this lifetime. Perhaps it can take 5 lifetimes to complete a task or if you are an advanced soul you complete 5 different tasks in ones lifetime, or do you believe that there is only one true purpose and that is to be ultimately pure light, be a constant expression of love, have unity with all that is god....so on.

Or..do you believe that as the creater of your reality purpose is irrelevant because you can choose to be anything you want to be? Or is there integration between the two and the purpose is a part of your original intention.

Did you know that cord or hara line that connects you to mother earth both effects and directs intentionality and purpose?

Does one really have a purpose? Whatcha think, y'all. I have my own take on it, but, if you will so enlighten me, I would love to hear all y'all's.
Old 14-09-2006, 08:23 PM
Deactivated Account
there's gotta be some reason/purpose to life, the trick is to find it and to stay as happy and fulfilled as you can whilst you're looking for it
Old 14-09-2006, 08:29 PM
Guide

Yes there definitely is a reason we are here, Daisy, there is a reason/purpose to life, no doubt. But my question is specifically, does each person have just one purpose. Are they to search for that one path? Or do you choose that path? What is your purpose on earth in this lifetime, Daisy, do you know what it is, are you looking for it?
Old 14-09-2006, 09:52 PM
Master
Excellent question, chadley! Hmmmmm....my personal opinion, as of right now, is that my life purpose was decided by my soul before I was born. It is part of the learning process for me to figure out what my purpose is this time around.

I'll be honest though, since reading through Karen Bishop's site that Lapis put up a link to.....I think I'm more confused & frustrated than ever. *sigh*
Old 14-09-2006, 09:53 PM
Deactivated Account
i think there are many paths, i think and hope i have found mine, though i'm forever searching, i found it was more a 'calling' than a choice, though i do beleive you can choose your path. it sort of contradicts the possibility that our lives are mapped out by ourselves before we even arrive here though doesn't it, which is also a possibility
Old 14-09-2006, 10:34 PM
BLAIR2BE

Color

Ahhh, The Possibilities, Isnt It Fantasticly Intriging, The Exploration Of Life?!
I Personally Do Not Believe In A Pre Destined Purpose, Persay. But Rather Ones Energy Has Already Been "affected" By Previous Experience, So One May "lean" Towards Certain Life Aspects. Also, I Dont Believe That Life must Have A purpose, But Rather, One Should follow A Path With Heart; And Purposes Will Be Discovered Thru The "walking" Of The Path.
Old 14-09-2006, 10:37 PM
Deactivated Account
no i don't think you need a purpose, many people are happy enough just living their lives out, with their jobs and family etc
Old 15-09-2006, 12:34 AM
Glorymist

chadley - - I swear I had a good go-around in this forum about this somewhere - - but I don't remember the exact thread. I'll have to look around a bit first. It might have been on another board.
Old 15-09-2006, 03:48 AM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorymist
chadley - - I swear I had a good go-around in this forum about this somewhere - - but I don't remember the exact thread. I'll have to look around a bit first. It might have been on another board.

Thanks glory, I think the answers to this question reveal a lot about where that person is at.
Old 15-09-2006, 08:33 AM
Enlightener

Marmalade Hotdog

In truth there is no purpose to life apart from the act of experience. There is no meaning to life as that is left up to you to decide.
Creation and Experience are the only purposes in life.
This is why we are here, this is what we are doing. We are experiencing our highest thought about our grandest idea about Who We Are and in the process by which we do this is called creation. Creation leads to Knowledge and knowing leads Experience and then back to creation in a never ending cycle.

Enlightener

P.S. really tired, sorry if my rambling is incomprehensible :)
Closed Thread