Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 21-09-2015, 08:51 PM
Knower

Tarot cards create a negative future?!

Evening!

So, I believe in Law of Attraction and manifestation and use it to help me get the best out of my life. However, I can feel really good about a situation ... I can be 100% sure that it will turn out good and then I do a tarot reading and all I get is bad news that knocks me right down!

It's very disheartening and I don't know why I get such bad readings, or let's say disappointing, as I am positive and manifesting what it is that I desire.

What would you suggest? Sometimes I feel tarot aren't an aid but a hindrance

CherryCherry
Old 21-09-2015, 10:54 PM
55Degrees

As, I'm sure most regular posters on here know, I view tarot as a tool that brings the unconscious mind to the conscious. You say you feel really good about a situation, however is it possible, on the unconscious level, you maybe don't feel as positive as you are persuading yourself to be?
The cards could be mirroring this, showing that unconsciously you are doubting the process, feeling maybe this time it isn't going to manifest.
I don't practice LOA, I have certainly read quite a bit about it, so on a practical level I don't have any real experience (I'm a firm believer that nothing comes for free, whenever something is given, something has to be taken in return) .
However where the cards are concerned it may be worth asking the cards why these readings leave you feeling negative about the outcome.
Old 22-09-2015, 12:03 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pisces_Moon
As, I'm sure most regular posters on here know, I view tarot as a tool that brings the unconscious mind to the conscious. You say you feel really good about a situation, however is it possible, on the unconscious level, you maybe don't feel as positive as you are persuading yourself to be?
The cards could be mirroring this, showing that unconsciously you are doubting the process, feeling maybe this time it isn't going to manifest.
I don't practice LOA, I have certainly read quite a bit about it, so on a practical level I don't have any real experience (I'm a firm believer that nothing comes for free, whenever something is given, something has to be taken in return) .
However where the cards are concerned it may be worth asking the cards why these readings leave you feeling negative about the outcome.

You're right, but Law of Attraction also works with Law of Rhythms. I wrote a long post but it got wiped so I won't go into it, but if you are greedy and ask for something too big all at once you are going to lose something too. If you ask for little often and gradually build towards your goal, the metaphorical pendulum swings at an even keel so nothing drastic (negative) has to happen to balance it out.

Would you encourage meditation or reprogramming my subconscious? There is obviously a problem if the cards aren't resonating with what I *think* I'm certain of.

Thanks for your help :-)

CherryCherry
Old 22-09-2015, 12:11 AM
Knower
You say that you've had a positive thought and the cards show a negative outcome.

Which one of you were right? You or the cards?
Old 22-09-2015, 06:52 AM
55Degrees

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryCherry

Would you encourage meditation or reprogramming my subconscious? There is obviously a problem if the cards aren't resonating with what I *think* I'm certain of.

Thanks for your help :-)

You could try either I suppose, however, if the negative belief is coming from the unconscious mind as opposed to the subconscious, then you cannot really 're-progrramme' it, as it's too deep to truly reach, the unconscious is our most primal level, its the things we do wit out knowing we do them. Even on a subconscious level, it can take a lot of work depending on how deeply entrenched a belief is.

If, as you say, you are being successful anyway, I'd just stop doing tarot readings about the outcome. Set your intention but don't ask the cards about the outcome - negativity removed.
Old 22-09-2015, 09:11 AM
Master
In my experience cards never lie ...
You could be misinterpreting them, I don't know why you feel they're negative. And do they tell you are negative or the situation? Major difference.
If they really are negative, then there is something you're not seeing.
You're talking about manifesting what you desire.. What you want/desire is not necessarily what you need.
Basically you don't give enough info / context.
Old 22-09-2015, 11:15 AM
Lorelyen

^^^ Quite right. What one desires and what one needs can be very different. Perhaps the cards help someone avoid unforeseen consequences.
Old 22-09-2015, 02:41 PM
Master
You create the outcome. Instead of asking about the future, ask what you can do to have the best possible outcome in a situation. The power is in your hands The future is constantly changing. Tarot is just giving you a snapshot of the CURRENT energies, telling you what is the most likely outcome according to THOSE ENERGIES.
Old 23-09-2015, 03:24 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryCherry
Evening!

So, I believe in Law of Attraction and manifestation and use it to help me get the best out of my life. However, I can feel really good about a situation ... I can be 100% sure that it will turn out good and then I do a tarot reading and all I get is bad news that knocks me right down!

It's very disheartening and I don't know why I get such bad readings, or let's say disappointing, as I am positive and manifesting what it is that I desire.

What would you suggest? Sometimes I feel tarot aren't an aid but a hindrance

Is simple as this "don't do tarot readings then" :)

If the tarot readings are bringing you down and giving you bad news and not giving you positivity then don't ask for tarot readings. I personally don't believe in them, I believe in positive affirmations, prayers and the law of attraction will bring you good things. If you feel good about something no need for you to be doing tarot if it will bring you down.

I don't even enter in this section cause I don't believe in it, but I had to answer your question.

Best of luck and stay positive, that's what gives you positive results.
Old 23-09-2015, 03:45 PM
Master
Instead of reading your own cards and possibly doing multiple readings about the situation, then getting depressed by it, find a reader you like, and have him/her do a reading for you. Then, that's it. Put your cards away and don't read for that situation again. It can be difficult to read cards for yourself when you're emotionally attached to the outcome.