Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 19-09-2015, 11:02 PM
Knower
The Occult: Hidden Knowledge

Occultism, is the understanding of natural laws of the universe (macro scale) and understanding the self (micro scale) also very importantly - how the two interact.

The word occult means hidden or kept secret.

In occultism both the dark and light are accessible. It is a wholistic approach to the invisible aspects of the spiritual experience. Occult knowledge can be used for positive or negative purposes. It is the individual who chooses which energy to work with. Not to be forgotten, that neutrality is an option as well.

When a state of balance between left and right brain is achieved:

-light and dark are equally powerful forces

-male and female energy work in unison

-the truth about reality and personal circumstance unfolds continually

-intellect is impartial and not opinionated

-a feeling of connectedness of events in ones life is achieved

-emotions are not directly involved in the thinking process

Universal knowledge can be found in sacred geometry, numbers and mathematics, astrology, alchemy, hermeticism and many other sects of esoteric works.

The occult is not new age spirituality or mysticism.

At the core of occult practice is the truth. Surrounding the truth are esoteric traditions and practices.

Waking up to ones true nature is both empowering and unsettling. The constructs of the mind will wash away creating a state of turbulence, until balance is achieved. The empowerment comes from understanding oneself on basic but important fundamental levels. What is done with this empowerment is entirely chosen by that individual. It can be used in conjunction with a personal moral code for growth and development of self and others. Or it can be used for opposing reasons, as a way of manipulation and control.

The 4 keys of manifestation are as follows. Think of these four aspects as building on one another 1 being the base and 4 being the end result.

4. Manifestation
3. Action
2. Mental processing
1. Knowledge

If one has a knowledge base and the intelligence to process that information they can then act on what they have processed and manifest it into reality.

Symbolism is a language. Symbols are used to convey messages. Either overtly or covertly. Their meanings can be common knowledge or deeply puzzling. Some have universal meaning and others have personal meaning.

The interaction between oneself and the laws of the universe is an important element of occultism.

Those who have taken the time to read this I thank you.

My intentions for writing this are as follows:

- To demystify some aspects of the occult

- To further my own personal understanding

- To receive feed back from others

- Aid in the awakening process of others
Old 19-09-2015, 11:43 PM
Master

An interesting line of thought. I do however question the statement that intellect is impartial. Are you by that inferring that a mind of intellect does not differ between right and wrong?
Old 20-09-2015, 12:23 AM
Knower
I view intellect as separate from the moral compass. I had no intentions to infer that right and wrong are not involved in a mind which also has intellect. I believe there exists universal morality as well as personal morality.
Old 20-09-2015, 04:55 AM
Guide

Whenever I've heard of people talk about the occult it's been in the context of power versus the lack thereof within this (physical) world. Is there not a level of transcendence that goes completely beyond the happenings of this world?
Old 20-09-2015, 11:49 AM
Knower
I don't believe their is a lack of power here on earth. It is just guarded and held by the few. There is an abundant source of spiritual power within all of us and within the cosmos. Some awaken to it, most do not.
Old 20-09-2015, 03:43 PM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by A19White
I don't believe their is a lack of power here on earth. It is just guarded and held by the few. There is an abundant source of spiritual power within all of us and within the cosmos. Some awaken to it, most do not.
That's what I was getting at, that there are those that have the knowledge and the power that comes with and those that lack the knowledge and the power. What I'm asking is why do we need power here?
Old 20-09-2015, 04:32 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Occultism, is the understanding of natural laws of the universe (macro scale) and understanding the self (micro scale) also very importantly - how the two interact.

Natural laws! We would appear to be caught up in those by default.

understanding the self ! Academic really , if one is incorporated into the process anyway.

Occultism then...Secret stuff that dosent really matter except to those who want to feel special themselves.

As far as concepts go, secret knowledge is fundamentally flawed in favour of those who labour under such delusions of grandeur.

From Rosicrucians to Freemasons, The inside information was only ever the outside information.

From The Golden Dawn to the Illuminati... It's all what we have implanted in our genetic memory.

In fact knowing what is what has never been a gift . If anything it is a burden.

I might be wrong though .
Old 21-09-2015, 10:08 AM
Lorelyen

Quote:
I view intellect as separate from the moral compass. I had no intentions to infer that right and wrong are not involved in a mind which also has intellect. I believe there exists universal morality as well as personal morality.

Infer from what? Sorry, unsure what you're saying.
Old 21-09-2015, 10:19 AM
Master
Quote:
Guarded in the name of power and control over the lesser common folk.

Surprisingly, even the spiritual world holds onto the secrets as well. Take the 75 million people that see numerological codes everyday.

To this day, they still have not been told why exactly they are given these exact codes and how they play a strong part with sacred geometry.

One day, the common folk will be the judges of the power hungry few. And we all know how that verdict will turn out.
Old 21-09-2015, 10:29 AM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light Seeker
Natural laws! We would appear to be caught up in those by default.

understanding the self ! Academic really , if one is incorporated into the process anyway.

Occultism then...Secret stuff that dosent really matter except to those who want to feel special themselves.

As far as concepts go, secret knowledge is fundamentally flawed in favour of those who labour under such delusions of grandeur.

From Rosicrucians to Freemasons, The inside information was only ever the outside information.

From The Golden Dawn to the Illuminati... It's all what we have implanted in our genetic memory.

In fact knowing what is what has never been a gift . If anything it is a burden.

I might be wrong though .
I believe you are a bit wrong.

I think you've missed the point. For one thing, all spirituality is occult in that it deals with energies, entities and correspondences that are hidden from those who cannot or will not see.

The other point is about reaching one's deepest mysteries - no use trying to describe the indescribable so words are useless. So hardly capable of academism. Those who've been there know what I mean. In fact I can't think anything less academic. Understanding one's ontology has plagued academics forever but is the province of philosophers. There is simply no point in trying to "understand self" at these levels because Self is. Understanding is best directed at all things that allow self to be reached or, as some occultists would see it: the obstacles that stand in the way of revealing Self.

Delusions of grandeur. Sorry, that's nonsense. You clearly know nothing about occult traditions. 1) In former times, people investigating anything not approved by churches were tortured and/or executed. One had to share one's knowledge VERY carefully**. And 2) Some magicians have put a terrific amount of work in their discoveries, formulae, practices - and you simply don't want others stealing your work. That's the way it is.

(**In my spiritual traditions, 200 years ago practitioners when caught would be flayed alive or have their feet chopped off....under the aegis of the Christian church. )

You see, the fallacy in your statement lies in the simple matter that what was once "hidden" (in terms of an occult milieu) is now freely available...if you want to peruse it.

Crowley's Thelema has been published and interpreted.

Israel Regardie's Golden Dawn is available in its entirety.

Michael Bertiaux' Voudon Gnosticism is available almost in its entirety (omitting certain papers that are a danger for the unwary, like you don't give children matches to play with.)

Pete Carroll has approved publication of The Chaoists material.

Austin Spare's ZOS material is all available but most people find it difficult.

The latter 4 examples haven't been widely interpreted and this is why they're still "occult". They're there, but you have to find them, and you have to discover what they're about and how they relate to you. Pick and mix, cherry pick, whatever. In some cases, historic material hasn't been published, simply because there's a load of it mostly of historic interest only. It's essence has usually been embodied in more up to date writing.

A burden to you, maybe. To some, the opening of Pandora's Box. To others some interesting and valuable casements....