Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 24-08-2015, 01:00 AM
Experiencer
Can fictional realms exist on the astral plane?

Just learned that, apparently, I connect to astral planes without consciously trying. And I hope that doesn't sound vain! Only asking because, if astral planes can include fictional ones, it would answer a lot of questions about why I feel so strongly for certain universes/characters.

Is this a possibility at all?
Thank you for your help!
Old 24-08-2015, 02:55 AM
Deactivated Account

Hello, Fleur.

Have you heard of "soulbonding", by any chance? It's the term used to describe a spiritually intense connection to a fictional character or universe. There is not much info on the concept on this particular site, but a google search on the term can dig up a few communities where you can find more information. I think soulbonding.org is still the biggest site. What's interesting is that certain characters tend to appear more often to people than others such as Jack Frost, Sephiroth, Sebastian from Black Butler, etc.

As for whether fictional universes can exist on the astral plane...some people who are soulbonders believe that this is possible. Others think that these "characters" are spirit guides or entities that adopt a mask in order to better connect with the person. Still others take a more psychological stance and say that fictional characters/universes are simply a representation of the subconscious or sentient thoughtforms. It really depends on the individual's perspective.

Hope this helps!
Old 24-08-2015, 03:43 AM
Experiencer
Thank you so so so much for the reply, saltmachine! This is an incredibly interesting concept... I just spent a good thirty minutes researching it. My only concern is that it seems to be similar to a possession. Clearly, a possession without the consequences :) but it's like Person A actually becomes that character. Maybe multiple personalities is a better description?

Quote:
Soulbonding is a phenomena where a person, after establishing a strong emotional connection to a fictional character, finds that said character has "come to life" in their mind. This new entity (called a soulbond, muse, or living character), though nonphysical, is autonomous in that they are capable of speaking and acting on their own, even outside of or in opposition to the expectations of the original person (called the soulbonder or author). A soulbond essentially is or is strongly like a separate, conscious entity coinhabiting a brain with their soulbonder.

The connection does always feel separate, but I never feel like they inhabit my mind. I recognize them as a character and nothing else. They don't speak through me, I don't channel anything, there are no altar egos being adopted for the sake of another soul residing in mine. I stay as strongly 'me' as possible.

Does that make things any different? Or would something like this still be considered soulbonding?
(Reeeeally considering the idea of a spirit guide presenting itself as someone more sympathetic, though.)

Thank you again! So appreciate your help!
Old 24-08-2015, 03:48 AM
Experiencer
Also - it's always someone else's character. I've never created a fictional character a day in my life, and it seems like a majority of these individuals imagine a character and then recognize it as a soulbond. Does that change anything?
Old 24-08-2015, 03:55 AM
Deactivated Account

Really glad it helps!

As for possession, this hasn't been my experience. Or anyone else I've heard of. The quote you've included describes more of the "sentient thoughtform" school of thought, where an author creates a character via intense concentration to the point where said thoughtform can move on its own on the astral plane.

I personally believe that a soulbond is a spirit entity wearing a mask. And yes, the characters have always been separate from myself. The closest it has gotten to possession for me is just a vague muse/writer relationship, and that's not even close to possession in my book. I wouldn't call it channeling, either.

I should note that some soulbonders have an experience known as "fronting", which can be described as fully-conscious, verbal channeling. But again, I don't recall ever hearing of full-on possession. If it has occurred, it is very rare.

Edit: Yes, it is still soulbonding if it involves someone else's character. If it is someone else's character, it is an "outsourced soulbond". If it is your own, it is an "insourced soulbond."

Last edited by saltmachine : 24-08-2015 at 07:19 AM.
Old 24-08-2015, 06:06 AM
Caleb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleur de Frost
Just learned that, apparently, I connect to astral planes without consciously trying. And I hope that doesn't sound vain! Only asking because, if astral planes can include fictional ones, it would answer a lot of questions about why I feel so strongly for certain universes/characters.

Thank you for your help!

Hello. Very much so, my friend.

Here are some concepts for one and all who may be interested:

Astral planes ARE fictional, ultimately being no more nor less "real" than so-called physical reality, which is also fictional. Expand your definition of "fiction," as it is a narrow one, the type of definition of the concept that most people use, such as believing imagination to be fiction and physical reality as "real," yet physical reality is created within the imagination, ultimately within that which is the Universal Mind.

Actually, ALL things, including our thoughts and fantasies, even our movies and comic books, are "realities" in ways that are just as valid as "astral," "causal" and "etheric" realities, etc. In fact, things such as comic books and movies are literally formed from astral substance, just as the physical body is a form of so-called "astral energy."

There is actually no single distinct dimension that is "astral," although most people who are into astral projection do not realize this. :) "Astral" is just a subjective label that represents a perceptual reality, just like "physical." Some rare occult teachings even use the term "astral" in a far more broader sense than what most so-called "experts" and students of the phenomenon dare to perceive, the latter of which mostly like to put things into neat little categories: "This is physical, this is astral, this is..." Yet reality is not really structured into layers and levels, ultimately. Only in terms of what a perceiver may imagine and experience, but it is not fundamentally so.

It is far more accurate to see that physical reality and astral reality are really just different vibrations of the same Universal Energy or Substance, for so-called physical reality is also part of astral reality, being a more dense form of astral reality.

There is no real "wall" or "veil" "between" that which people call "dimensions." All so-called dimensions are really one Eternal Consciousness.

Everyone creates fictional characters, most noticeably through the subconscious in the form of dream characters; the human personality is also a type of fiction, for we are not really essentially "human" in the first place, in terms of our True Nature, which is wholly spiritual. No one was born with a very developed, distinct personality, such as what an adult has. It was obviously created and shaped by the mind of the person, for we all use imagination in forming our own personality, often without realizing we are doing so! :) This in no way negates the human experience, for it too is essentially Divine at its core. It simply means that we are spiritual beings, we are Divine Spirit, having a human experience.

Remember, friends, everything is equally energy, that which is called "fiction" as equally as "reality," and all energy is conscious, being consciousness. Consciousness is the "ground" of all reality experience. Universal Consciousness.

Last edited by Caleb : 24-08-2015 at 08:02 AM.
Old 24-08-2015, 01:15 PM
Searcher347

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleur de Frost

Thank you for your help!

I wouldn't call it the Astral plane. Our physical reality is a small part of a larger reality. Physicality is in reality an illusion. You live in what you call the Astral plane but our very limited senses only allow us to see what is on the same or similar vibrational frequency. There are no planes. Imagine a map of the true universe. It wouldn't be broken up into levels. It is broken up into regions. That the best description of how things are laid out but the or difference is many times 2 different regions can reside I the same place just AR different types vibrations levels so they don't interact. As for fictional realms, in the non-physical world thought can and does become reality. There are entire world's built by souls for their own recreation. Many of the fictional world's in SciFi and fantasy may really exist to some extent. The inspiration for those world's could be the unconscious memories of past lives on other worlds. When we incarnate here we are made to forget our true spiritual identity and past but those memories are still accessible to our subconscious. While doing g some of my own exploration while out of the body I have encountered a few "waiting areas." These places were where some souls go after they die and wait for someone to collect them. I have seen places that seemed to be right out of fantasy works like The Hobbit. Where we go when physical life is over has very few limitations on what you can do and create.

Last edited by Searcher347 : 24-08-2015 at 02:17 PM.
Old 24-08-2015, 02:06 PM
Master
I remember reading a book about remote viewing where they tried an experiment...to remote view a fictional realm..apparently it existed.

If memory serves the realm was a place in a novel called " The Inbetweeners"
Old 25-08-2015, 08:00 PM
Charlotte Groves

This is just what I wanted to find out. The first time I heard about Jason The Toymaker was about three weeks ago or a little more. Ever since, I feel like I've fallen in love with him. I know, it might seem silly to fall in love with a fictional character, but I don't care. ^-^ And the character belongs to someone else, so it's an outsourced soulbond. I'm really attached to him, but haven't manifested him at all yet. What's the best way to manifest your favorite character in a soulbond? ^-^ I'd love to see him and talk to him, hope he'll return my feelings. :) Wait, do just my strong feelings for him count as a soulbond, or does he have to manifest himself in my mind first?

Last edited by Charlotte Groves : 25-08-2015 at 09:06 PM.
Old 26-08-2015, 12:48 AM
Master

One persons truth is anothers fiction . Not ever one believs in heven or hell There are a lot of different belief systems with different ideas of an after life . Who knows what some one might create for them selfs on the astral .