Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Philosophy & Theory

Closed Thread

Old 11-09-2006, 09:59 AM
dreamer

look

I look through the kaleidescope of my perception to see my soul reflected back at me as though a billion different patterns.
Old 11-09-2006, 04:08 PM
kundalini

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamer
I look through the kaleidescope of my perception to see my soul reflected back at me as though a billion different patterns.

Great quote dreamer! You should put it in your signature! Kundalini.
Old 11-09-2006, 06:42 PM
Guide

Dude....That's deep.
Old 12-09-2006, 07:42 AM
dreamer

I'm not so sure it is, when you recognise the unity of all things depth drains away to leave you standing on solid rock, when you recognise your power to create the rock turns to dust and you are free to fly never to plumb the depths again and with no need for solid ground.

Take one minute to suspend belief and ask yourself this - does anyone exist outside of your mind or is this just a dream where all characters are given animation by your own subconcious? When viewed in this way life becomes a work of art without rules except those you cling to for "safety's" sake, if you knew this was just a dream, how would you make this dream better? All you have to do is imagine heaven as if you were their already and it will come true.

I don't exist, this post is an illusion created by your mind to point you to greater self control. Take control, this world is a manifestation of your soul, love yourself by loving the world.
Old 12-09-2006, 09:08 AM
Pounamu

Dreamer...
I do believe that this world is a dream, created in part by Mother Earth and the rules of the living consensus we're in, and partly by our own thoughts being reflected into material conditions by the Universe (which gives us what it thinks we are asking for by our thoughts).

One of the sticky problems that I find, is that if my experience leads me to believe that negative things will happen in my life, of course by the law discussed above they will tend to happen again; that then confirms my belief that negative things will happen in the future, and so the thoughform is self-perpetuating. One needs the control of the mind to break the cycle; but that is extremely difficult, as our experience tells us that negativity is a "fact" of our life. How do you get around this???

Pounamu
Old 12-09-2006, 09:35 AM
dreamer

Hey Pounamu,

this is something "I" struggled with for a long time, then "I" realised something - "my" thoughts control "my" dream therefore "I" am in control if "I" choose to think only of how "I" would like things to be. Fear is only a problem if there is uncertainty about the fallibility of the law, but the law is infallible so rather than fear it makes sense to be creative and enjoy the beauty your creation - if you believe this to be a dream - which is a really excellent starting point for garnering your power, there are two things you must remember:
1. Everything you see outside of yourself is your SELF, you are one, so it is important to be honest and open with yourself and not be a hypocrite treat others as you would want to be treated yourself for in reality they are yourSELF.
2. Your thoughts become manifest - so start to think about how you would like things to be at all levels in this world as well as your personal life. If fear is an issue imagine your self without fear on a regular basis and it will come, really imagine yourself in situations you would normally feel fear but totally calm and confident, it's your dream, you are in control if you take control of your thoughts.

And remember if you are in control what can ever frighten you? If there are things you don't want to do right now, don't do them, take your time to do things the way you want to do them, no one is forcing you to do anything - follow your bliss. It may take time to prove this to yourself but persist and you will find that your life is created by you - totally and you can havce it anyway you want it to be. The funny thing will be that you will start to notice that we all want the same things - because we are all just different aspects of yourself, all we want is the truth, love and freedom to create.

Last edited by dreamer : 12-09-2006 at 09:42 AM.
Old 12-09-2006, 02:41 PM
Guide

Dreamer, I do not resonate with the idea that the world is an illusion, I believe the word "illusion" is the wrong one to use. To me it implies that this world has less relevance than others. I prefer to use the term creation. This world can be described as a dream to explain how we have complete control over all that happens with in it. However, it IS one of many REALities. It is real. The rock on the ground may be god and may be just a part of the totality of our inner reflection expressed in the physical form, but it does exist just as much as anything else does. Is your soul just a dream or an illusion. If so, do you describe our whole existance as a dream? And if that is true than is your definition of dream and reality really exactly the same. This can be confusing to the novice unless you explain everything everytime you use the words dream or illusion to describe what we see.
Old 12-09-2006, 03:13 PM
dreamer

The illusion is that you are talking to the imagined seperate being that is dreamer. The thing about oneness is that you realise you are by yourself, with only yourSELF for company.

Have you seen fight club? Isn't it amazing how real that imagined seperate entity that Brad Pitt plays is? You are the one.
Old 12-09-2006, 04:17 PM
Guide

Dude, Fight club is a great movie, I didn't pick up on the fact that they were the same person till the end. I glad to, it makes movies more enjoyable to me. I have a friend who guesses correctly on all the plot twists most of the time. She realized right ah way that Bruce Willis's character in The Sixth Sense was a ghost or already dead. I have to tell her to keep her trap shut when I watch a movie with her :)

I understand you dreamer. I know what it is to be one with everything, to really "get it" or experience it. And as spiritually minded people, really we are all just trying to get ourselves and all others to the point where we get it as a collective or as a whole, thus making us one. Perhaps when this happens there will no longer be a need for this physical reality. Until then, you may be me, but your reflections and individuality are unique to yourself. They identify you as a singular facet of the whole. And these characteristics are "real" just as the truth that this characteristics expose are real. Therefore, to me, all that is illusion is also real, thus making the point of "an illusionary discription of the world" irrelevant.
Old 12-09-2006, 04:24 PM
dreamer

Ok my friend, ok.
Closed Thread