Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 31-07-2015, 10:13 AM
Master

Gathering interest for a tarot practice thread

Hi guys,

I've been thinking about opening up a tarot version of the 'make a prediction about the person above you' thread, except a bit more structured to avoid the "hey, I don't do readings but can someone read for me?" free-for-all that the original has sort of become

All I ask is that people who play along write "Last reading done by ___[insert relevant username here]___" at the bottom of their post to ensure that we can play fair by easily keeping track of who's up for the next reading. (it can get a little fuzzy when feedback is going on)

If you don't have cards, you can use a free site like http://serennu.com/tarot/pick.php?l=1c (tried really hard to find a non-advertising site; there are many others but trying to stick to forum rules here) to generate tarot spreads (just click on the face-down cards to select).

Last reading done by: no-one, new thread
Old 31-07-2015, 10:16 AM
Master
I think it's a great idea. I'm just starting out and would like to start getting some practice. So, yeah, I'll be in it. Thanks.

Last edited by Pandora. : 31-07-2015 at 11:28 AM.
Old 31-07-2015, 10:42 AM
Pathfinder

I agree I think it's a great idea
Old 31-07-2015, 03:04 PM
55Degrees

Sign me up.
Old 31-07-2015, 03:42 PM
Knower
I'm assuming it's okay to use oracle cards as well? I'm new and not sure how this would work. Can they specify what kind of reading they want done? and will they be asking a question usually? I would love to practice!!
Old 31-07-2015, 03:45 PM
Knower
Great idea, I'd suggest that in return constructive feedback must be given respectfully.
Old 31-07-2015, 04:56 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asrai
I'm assuming it's okay to use oracle cards as well? I'm new and not sure how this would work. Can they specify what kind of reading they want done? and will they be asking a question usually? I would love to practice!!
Oracle cards - absolutely!

Reading specifications - I'm happy for people to indicate an area they're particularly interested in, but I'd prefer to keep things general... more in the spirit of a fair-play practice thread rather than a place where someone can demand/request a specific reading (because there's an entire sub-forum dedicated to that, and I'd the focus of this thread to be on practice rather than some sort of magical place where people come to nab as many free readings as they can).

If anyone's got strong feelings on this, please feel free to speak up :)

Otherwise, great to see so much interest! At this rate I'll draft the thread guidelines and have them posted up within 24 hrs :)
Old 31-07-2015, 05:26 PM
Knower
I'm in too :)
Old 31-07-2015, 08:08 PM
55Degrees

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puggy
Great idea, I'd suggest that in return constructive feedback must be given respectfully.

In full agreement here. If it is to be a practice thread then we need to know if we are getting it right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tealily
Oracle cards - absolutely!

Reading specifications - I'm happy for people to indicate an area they're particularly interested in, but I'd prefer to keep things general... more in the spirit of a fair-play practice thread rather than a place where someone can demand/request a specific reading (because there's an entire sub-forum dedicated to that, and I'd the focus of this thread to be on practice rather than some sort of magical place where people come to nab as many free readings as they can).

If anyone's got strong feelings on this, please feel free to speak up :)

Otherwise, great to see so much interest! At this rate I'll draft the thread guidelines and have them posted up within 24 hrs :)

Maybe if it is specified that a minimum number of posts (eg 5 or 10) in this sub forum are needed and those posts need to be of valid input/responses and not just posts wanting interpretations/ readings.
Old 31-07-2015, 09:54 PM
Master
I agree with all the other posts. I particularly agree with Tealily regarding general readings. I think it would be a good idea if people indicate what area they're interested in. If someone has a "general" question with no indication of whether it is to do with love, work, family, travel, etc, it will be very difficult to interpret, as the cards can be interpreted in different ways (if that makes sense). The cards could relate to either work or love for example. So I think perimeters would be useful to aid interpretation. I appreciate more experienced readers may be able to work out what part of someone's life the reading pertains to from the cards, but I for one am a long way from being that competent.