Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Divination

Old 23-04-2015, 05:52 PM
Dominik4416

How do you use a singing bowl?

I was wondering how would you use a singing bowl? I only know one way, for cleansing crystals, are there any other ways? Because if there aren't, then they are way too expensive
Old 25-04-2015, 12:55 AM
Master

They can be used in meditation, for relaxing and they've also been used for healing. In Japan they are sometimes used in funeral rites.
Old 26-04-2015, 09:49 AM
Dominik4416

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny Crow
They can be used in meditation, for relaxing and they've also been used for healing. In Japan they are sometimes used in funeral rites.
Thanks, they are used for much more than I thought, and I never knew about the Japan funeral! What are they made of? I was just wondering that too.
Old 26-04-2015, 08:32 PM
Master

Bronze, I think. Isn't that what bells are made of?
Old 26-04-2015, 09:32 PM
Pathfinder

Bell metal. You hit the side and begin meditation as the echo fades slowly over several minutes ... it leads you inside.
Also good for soup.
Old 26-04-2015, 11:09 PM
Everly

You make it sing by running the wooden striker around the rim. This creates a vibrational hum. It can take a bit of practice, but worth it. Each bowl, even if identical in appearance, sounds different. Find one that truly sings to you.

Check out this information on how to make your bowl sing.
Old 27-04-2015, 12:27 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by rideforever
Bell metal.

Interesting answer

I am wondering .....if one could substitute a bowl of say bronze, or bell material ... that isn't an actual Tibetan bowl and get similar benefits ?

Has anyone ever tried this ?

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Old 27-04-2015, 04:23 AM
Everly

All the singing bowls I've seen are made of bronze or steel. (Aside from the crystal bowls, which I can't stand the sound of.) I don't know what "bell metal" is. Could you explain, rideforever?

Adrienne, an herbalist friend of mine uses clear, plain glass tumblers and bowls and fills them to varying heights with water. He uses them one or two at a time but has several. It's like those people who can do entire songs with water glasses. He uses his own wet finger(s) or a wooden striker. So, yes, you can make your own out of anything. There's nothing magical about any of the bowls. It's all about the person using it.
Old 27-04-2015, 11:17 AM
Deactivated Account

Thank you Everly. I do have a bronze bowl, somewhere .... incentive to find it, lol.

Very interesting on the glasses filled with different water levels. I have also heard of crystal, having its own sound ...without water. I just re-read your post about those crystal sounds ! lol ..... they are high pitched, the kind that would drive cats crazy, I am thinking .... do you have a cat in the house ?

so many choices, something for everyone

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Old 27-04-2015, 04:55 PM
Dominik4416

Quote:
Originally Posted by rideforever
Bell metal. You hit the side and begin meditation as the echo fades slowly over several minutes ... it leads you inside.
Also good for soup.
Thanks for the information, very interesting