Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Healing

Old 28-12-2010, 12:45 AM
weezieseeking320

Unhappy Addiction help, PLEASE!

My boyfriend is a recovering "addict". I believe he can overcome his affliction with spiritual awakening and learning. Can someone please offer suggestions or advice? Thanks in advance!
Old 28-12-2010, 03:17 AM
Master
An excellent method for getting free of addictions without struggling is EFT - Emotional Freedom Techniques. To check it out, there's a short article at: http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=4478

blessings
Xan

Old 28-12-2010, 05:00 AM
Master
I honestly don't know if this is spiritual or not, but and it depends on what he's / you're addicted to. Try Al-Anon or AA/NA or any other Anonymous groups for starters perhaps. These may lead to more and more spiritual path.

Old 28-12-2010, 05:04 AM
weezieseeking320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvergirl
I honestly don't know if this is spiritual or not, but and it depends on what he's / you're addicted to. Try Al-Anon or AA/NA or any other Anonymous groups for starters perhaps. These may lead to more and more spiritual path.
tried those... trying to find alternatives, that's all...
Old 28-12-2010, 05:46 AM
Master
I think you may be downplaying their power to assist you and your bf.
A good spiritual path starts with one step, humbly placed.

Old 28-12-2010, 06:16 AM
mahakali

i used to be an addict, it was hard to quit, but now it seems that its so easy. try power of attraction, i think thats how i did it. i just felt so horrible for what i was doing to my self but i was at a place where i was awakening and i truly on so many deep levels knew better, he may be light years away from that divine revelation. but when it gets to where he realizes that it is a compulsive need, a flood of peptides releasing from his hypothalamus saying GIVE ME DRUGS NOW, when it gets to that point of acceptance than mind training and practicing control is really the best way. just believing that you can change and letting time and patience slow the release of peptides will make it soo much easier. but giving in to the addiction only encourages that part of your brain to produce more of that chemical urge.
Old 28-12-2010, 06:21 AM
weezieseeking320

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahakali
i used to be an addict, it was hard to quit, but now it seems that its so easy. try power of attraction, i think thats how i did it. i just felt so horrible for what i was doing to my self but i was at a place where i was awakening and i truly on so many deep levels knew better, he may be light years away from that divine revelation. but when it gets to where he realizes that it is a compulsive need, a flood of peptides releasing from his hypothalamus saying GIVE ME DRUGS NOW, when it gets to that point of acceptance than mind training and practicing control is really the best way. just believing that you can change and letting time and patience slow the release of peptides will make it soo much easier. but giving in to the addiction only encourages that part of your brain to produce more of that chemical urge.
i've been trying to make him see this... i also think as long as you are living as a "victim" of addiction, you will not be able to truly overcome it.
Old 28-12-2010, 06:26 AM
mahakali

ya know i dont even know how i did it, it just got to a point that i got mad at the addiction and thought ill be damned if it will have control over me like this.
Old 28-12-2010, 06:43 AM
weezieseeking320

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahakali
ya know i dont even know how i did it, it just got to a point that i got mad at the addiction and thought ill be damned if it will have control over me like this.
i was an alcoholic for 10 years... ironically, he's partly how i overcame my addiction and began my journey of enlightenment. one thing i have to point out, though is when i moved back here (home- where i grew up) after my divorce, my children were with me and i started seeing mr. gemini... not in a relationship, although the sexual attraction was definitely there, but we were really good friends... he was there for me at a time when not too many people were ( or at least it seemed)... i also, struggled with an addiction for over 10 years,so i know the struggles that come along with it... ironically, when we first started seeing each other again, he was sober and helped me overcome my addiction... he didn't want me drinking and gave me a choice, alcohol or him... i chose him... "why can't he do the same for me?" runs through my head all the time but i know i didn't stop drinking for him, he just said the right thing at the right time and it helped me make the decision and stick with it... i feel better than i've ever felt in my life, he has opened my eyes in a way i can't explain- yet he doesn't seem to get the same "lessons" from our encounters like i do... i know he does love me... i see the pain in his eyes that he WANTS to be what i need and can't... what am i doing?
Old 28-12-2010, 06:55 AM
mahakali

keep being strong and striving for truth, dont fall into a web of lies, it seems as though you are at a good place in your life, if he is not willing to follow than you will get fed up. the sad thing is that when you do, he will start to take you seriously and actually change lol... men.