Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 13-02-2015, 07:42 PM
StarRobin

Understanding our life lessons

I personally believe we are here to learn and our souls to grow. As much as I sometimes wish I could turn back the clock and change things, say no to people so they couldn't take advantage, stop myself from being hurt, I stop myself and thank those people for teaching me those life lessons. They have made me the person I am today and led me to places I didn't think I would go. I know I am a lot more understanding of people now than I was years ago. I have changed, for the better, I've got more confident too.

What do you all think about 'life lessons'?

Old 13-02-2015, 10:42 PM
Lorelyen

Same as you, really. You've hit on something so very valuable about "evolving". Reflecting, contemplating, meditating on ones past failures difficulties/ unsettled "business" with a view to understanding their relevance to the now is so much the way forward. If you'll excuse me saying so, a most inspiring comment.

Old 13-02-2015, 10:49 PM
Ascender
Life throws obstacles that we have to get past and we learn how to get past them. Life may seem unfair but I love it I truly do.
Namaste to you all
Old 13-02-2015, 10:56 PM
Ivy

Yep, similar to you. I don't thank people that hurt or abuse others though - they do what they do because that is the way they have chosen to respond to their own lives. Instead, I am grateful for the inner guidance and for me finding a way to heal and make the most of whatever life offers.
Old 13-02-2015, 11:07 PM
Master
I think we are here all to help each other to learn and grow, and if what they say from over there is true, it never really ends. Though there are sort of rest periods where one may seem to cruise along and not learn much.
Old 14-02-2015, 03:17 PM
StarRobin

I am currently studying a counselling skills course and I don't think I would have been led to it if it weren't for what happened in my life. I want to help people, to let them know they can talk and be heard. I don't know what I'd be doing now if it weren't for those things that happened. Amazing where life takes you!

Old 14-02-2015, 03:21 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarRobin
Amazing where life takes you!
True life is one roller coaster
Old 16-02-2015, 07:17 PM
Life lessons?
I know that it has taken me at least 3 lives to learn one simple
thing!
And I still slip back into it...has to do with saying things about others...always true...but still...
if you can't say something nice why keep that energy going if it wasn't good to begin with!

I'm going to conquer this character flaw this time though.
Now, that I am major aware it has plagued me other past lives.
And just this...this simple thing keeps me from reaching higher or maintaining
a desirable level...I don't know how to say it.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 18-02-2015, 10:43 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarRobin
I personally believe we are here to learn and our souls to grow. As much as I sometimes wish I could turn back the clock and change things, say no to people so they couldn't take advantage, stop myself from being hurt, I stop myself and thank those people for teaching me those life lessons. They have made me the person I am today and led me to places I didn't think I would go. I know I am a lot more understanding of people now than I was years ago. I have changed, for the better, I've got more confident too.

What do you all think about 'life lessons'?

I would probably stop short at "thank". IMO it's enough to strive for compassion and to send goodwill & blessings to those who have acted or reacted in ways that are in service to self at the expense of others (for lack of a better phrase).

I think many of the lessons we learn are relevant to our current reality and navigating the landmines of those operating from vibrations and worldviews in service to self.

And IMO a great deal of he healing we require and hopefully receive or perform for ourselves actually involves unlearning many of the lessons (and their corollaries) we have had to learn in order to cope or survive.

It is my dearest hope that in future there are many lessons that will require neither being learnt nor then unlearnt. And we can simply remain and be ever more deeply in the place of love, conscious innocence, and goodwill.

Agreed generally otherwise, though

Peace & blessings,
7L

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke
Old 18-02-2015, 11:24 PM
Suspended

If we are truley immortal and infinite that means we have had unlimited past lives and unlimited future lives, therefore there is nothing for the soul to learn because infinite past lives means we must have already learned everything there is to learn?? no??

unless after learning everything there is to learn, our souls go through some kind of soul death and then are reborn to learn it all over again.