Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Faeries, Elementals, Nature Spirits, & Woodland Creatures

Old 23-12-2014, 03:28 AM
TakesFeelings

Faeries Gardens

Okay, I am a guy and for some reason this happened. My sister got my mom a faerie garden book, yet for some reason, I total resonate with the idea of a faeries garden, LOL. I really do not understand how faeries appear in life and show up, to help us, I don't know. I am loving the idea of Zen and The Tao. I feel a strong vibration to these philosophies and their ideas/values/etc/etc/etc/etc about Life. Do faeries, Zen, Tao, and spiritual development coexist?
PEACE
Old 23-12-2014, 07:51 AM
Master

I have weirdly felt drawn to faeries and elementals lately too haha!

I never had much of an interest in them as a kid... I feel quite childish as an adult now feeling fond of them. I feel that it reflects a greater feeling of connection to the natural world and my place in it...
As well as the desire to inject a little bit of magic and mystery into my life.

Happy travels
Old 23-12-2014, 09:22 AM
Alchemist

I love fairies, elves etc, to the point that when I was little I thought I was one. I'm still much drawn to them, though. I don't see any issues in combining fairies with spirituality...
Old 23-12-2014, 12:02 PM
Knower

You and me both, Alchemist! My family has always nurtured the idea of fairies, leprechauns and the like. All the "little people". My grandparents especially. they were both Irish and spoke the Gaelic, so when I was younger, I believed they were special. No one else in our neighborhood spoke like them. And, as I grew older, I just figured it was an Irish thing.

My grandparents always collected little fairies and especially elves and leprechauns. My hubby & I do the same and people tend to gift us these items as well, since they know we love "the little people" so much. :)
Old 23-12-2014, 05:05 PM
TakesFeelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorful-Chameleon
I have weirdly felt drawn to faeries and elementals lately too haha!

I never had much of an interest in them as a kid... I feel quite childish as an adult now feeling fond of them. I feel that it reflects a greater feeling of connection to the natural world and my place in it...
As well as the desire to inject a little bit of magic and mystery into my life.

Happy travels

Emotions and feelings that that worry me, I avoid. The added mystery may unfold a part of me that I never knew!
PEACE
Old 27-12-2014, 11:04 AM
Master
Yes, it will coexist, why not? If you do all these things, take an interest in them, you make it work. Fairies exist everywhere in the world, every culture, including Japanese.

Part of my garden is Fairy garden, some 4 x 4 meters. I also love the miniature fairy garden things you see. Mine is not full up with cute little stuff, apart from one fairy door :p (I couldn't resist). It's more the energies of the Fairies. I put a tree trunk in there, I call that the Oberon tree trunk. This year I had beautiful fox gloves next to the tree trunk (fairy plant) and the other day I planted these little daffodils Tete à Tete flower bulbs in front of it. So late spring I will have cute little yellow daffodils in my fairy garden :) Apart from that I got forget me nots, wild strawberries, lily of the valley there, a fern etc.
Just plant things that you feel are connected to the Fairy folk or go to a place where these grow.
Next to my Fairy garden is my rose garden, because Fairies and elves love roses.

There's nothing childish or emasculating about liking Fairies. They're very powerful creatures, should be treated with respect at all times. They can help you, add power to rituals, help you connect to nature and take care of Mother Earth and nature (they will very much appreciate you being and living environmentally friendly!! Recycle, take your own shopping bag with you, so you don't accumulate disposable plastic bags etc etc)

If you find a place in nature / your garden where you connect to Fairies on a regular basis, you will start to feel them, kind of like infusing that place with that 'Fairy' energy, making it easier for you to connect.
I chose a path in the woods with lots of hawthorns (Fairy tree). I don't live near those woods anymore, but now I have a garden!

Whenever I want to work with or contact the Fairy, I feel if they're up for it or not. They're not always readily available, they do have a mind of their own! At some point I wanted to connect in the woods near the hawthorns, but I wasn't allowed in. They were busy with some ritual work of their own and didn't want to be disturbed.
Old 05-01-2015, 05:36 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyCrystal
Part of my garden is Fairy garden, some 4 x 4 meters. I also love the miniature fairy garden things you see. Mine is not full up with cute little stuff, apart from one fairy door :p (I couldn't resist).

There is a fairy door I saw online that I was drawn to. How did you choose the tree for your fairy door? Was it at random or is it a tree you feel a connection to? Are their certain trees that are preferable? Forgive my ignorance as the only fairy connections I have are a few statues in my garden but, as I mentioned, I was drawn to this fairy door for some reason.
Old 12-01-2015, 10:04 AM
Master
I used the tree-trunk of a dead tree in my fairy garden. Tree is in the hedge, so if removed there'll be a gap. I decided to use the tree-trunk and put the fairy door on it.

I've seen fairy doors used inside as well. People making it a working door with an opening behind it.
I used to have another fairy door in my fencing, on hinges. Behind it was a rose crystal
Old 12-01-2015, 06:50 PM
Seeker

I have a fairy ornament garden between my herb garden & rose bush. I got my ornaments from past times before it closed. There are 4 altogether around a garden compass.
I also have a fairy ornaments & other related accessories all over my house. I have always been interested in fairies from a young age & I've never grown out of it.

I always receive fairy related gifts every xmas & birthday (I'm 26 lol) because everybody knows I really like them & that they actually make me happy. My family & friends just accept it as the norm now. It doesn't matter how old you are or what your beliefs are, or what your gender is, if you feel an affinity towards them then you should accept it & welcome it! x
Old 12-01-2015, 11:23 PM
Suspended
Do you guys make gardens for the Faeries and then they come to hang out there?