Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 18-09-2014, 03:26 AM
Experiencer
Do you think music connects us to past lives?

Sorry. Lots of questions lately.

Can certain melodies and/or lyrics help recall past life memories? Even if it's just evoking a feeling you experienced solely in that life... does music have that ability?

Thank you!! :)
Old 19-09-2014, 02:59 AM
Master

I think for some people it would . Some people are more in to music than others . An intrest in music may carry on form life time to life time . If some one likes a kind of music not popular today , then it could be from hearing it in a past life .
Old 20-09-2014, 06:40 PM
Deactivated Account
Yup. That has worked for me listening to songs on the "Titanic" soundtrack because I feel a pretty strong connection to the ship itself.
"The best remedy for those who are afraid, lonely or unhappy is to go outside, somewhere where they can be quiet, alone with the heavens, nature and God. Because only then does one feel that all is as it should be."

-Anne Frank
Old 04-10-2014, 07:05 AM
Pathfinder

Every time I listen to Celtic music, it always gives me goose-bumps. It touches me deeply and I feel I want to go home but I don't know where
Old 04-10-2014, 11:35 AM
Deactivated Account

This is interesting.. I've never thought about this before. But I can't think of any music that stands out to me...
Old 04-10-2014, 04:57 PM
Experiencer
"Music and Memory: 5 Awesome New Psychology Studies"

Music has tremendous power over memory. Hearing an old song can take you back decades in the blink of an eye. Psychologists have been fascinated by this connection between music and memory.

Here are five recent psychology studies which demonstrate the intimate link between music and memory.

1: Singing aids language learning: The link between music and memory is so strong that it can help you learn a foreign language. Research by Ludke et al. (2013) found that people trying to learn Hungarian, a notoriously difficult language, performed much better if they sang the Hungarian phrases rather than just saying them. The researchers think that the melody may provide an extra cue which helps embed the memory.

2: Music helps injured brain remember People who have suffered traumatic brain injuries (TBIs), such as in a car accident, often have problems with memory. Music is increasingly being tested as a way to help bring back forgotten autobiographical memories.

3: Widespread brain activation One of the reasons music may be so powerful is that it activates such large areas of the brain. A recent brain imaging study found that music activated the auditory, motor and limbic (emotional) regions (Alluri et al., 2013). The study found that whether their participants were listening to the Beatles or Vivaldi, largely the same areas of the brain were active.

4: Music can take you back two generations Classic hits can easily take you back to your teens and twenties. Most people have particularly strong memories of this time in their lives–psychologists have called it the ‘reminiscence bump’. But, perhaps surprisingly, one study has shown that people also have mini reminiscence bumps for the music their parents listened to, and even for their grandparents’ music (Krumhansl & Zupnick, 2013).

5: A unique musical hallucination The power of music on people’s memory is sometimes frightening. A recent study from Frontiers in Neurology reported the case of a woman who, one night, suddenly began to hear music playing in her head, like a sort of internal, unstoppable jukebox (Vitorovic & Biller, 2013). The problem continued for months. When she hummed the songs to her husband, he recognized some of them, but she herself didn't know what they were or where they came from.

It seemed the songs were so deeply rooted in her memory that she wasn’t consciously aware she knew them. They only came to the surface during these night-time hallucinations. She was treated with an anti-seizure medication and her symptoms improved a little.

This is the only known case of this kind of musical hallucination. I on the other hand believe perhaps there is another explanation but that is another discussion. According to this research - it is apparent music and memory are closely related so I think it is perfectly reasonable to draw a connection between music causing you to reflect on a past existence your soul experienced.

-- Excerpts taken from http://www.spring.org.uk/2013/12/mus...gy-studies.php

A man who has not passed through the inferno of his passions has not overcome them.

-- Carl Jung
Old 04-10-2014, 05:04 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by JellyBean
Every time I listen to Celtic music, it always gives me goose-bumps. It touches me deeply and I feel I want to go home but I don't know where
I love listening to Celtic and Medieval music and I feel a connection to it also. I love the medieval times.
eyes ablaze with intensity,
a labyrinth of her deepest emotions.

Old 04-10-2014, 05:10 PM
Woa93

I think music is excellent for reflecting back to us what state were in and what our vibration is at that moment. If sad songs move you, your vibration is probably sad. Music has always been an amazing tool for emotional guidance for me.
Old 06-10-2014, 05:20 AM
Mik26

I definitely think that music, or a love of music just as a love of anything can travel between lives.
Old 07-10-2014, 07:19 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleur-de-Frost
Sorry. Lots of questions lately.

Can certain melodies and/or lyrics help recall past life memories? Even if it's just evoking a feeling you experienced solely in that life... does music have that ability?

Thank you!! :)
It's the 'evoking a feeling' that does it, any number of things could evoke a feeling, if you particularly like music then it could be the key that unlocks the door. If you don't like music then not so much. If you have a passion for poetry that could do the same, it just depends on how your mind works.