Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Divination > Pendulums and Dowsing

Old 03-06-2014, 11:12 PM
Experiencer

How accurate is dowsing for a beginner?

I am new to dowsing and tried map dowsing to find a missing cat. I was able to find a place quickly with clear yes's and no's.

My question is, what are the chances of false positives for a novice dowser? Is it possible that my subconscious is giving me false answers?

I haven't tried door to door or anything so I have no idea if my cat is truly in the area I found on the map.
Old 04-06-2014, 01:23 AM
Knower

experimenting is the key. Start with something simple.
Old 06-06-2014, 12:22 PM
Guide
Lisbet it varies from person to person how accurate as a beginner you are. It is usually best to keep your pendulum with you for a week so that it picks up your energy. However if I lost my cat, I would trying everything too, to get him back. If you got a hit, that's the place to start. You don't have to go door to door, use your pendulum at a house from the sidewalk and ask "Is this the right house?" Yes your subconscious could override the outcome. Always try with a clear mind, say "I wonder what the answer will be" over and over to keep you mind occupied. Also ask the pendulum, "Am I interfering with the answer in any way? And finally "Is this answer the truth?" Should you get a no to the last question, you need to start again, rephrase your questions until you do get a yes. If you do go the area, say "Show me where (insert name here), my cat is please? If you don't say cat, it may lead you to a street or a person of the same name. You must be very specific with the pendulum as you can, or it can lead you on a wild goose chase. :) Here is how I trained my map dowsing. If you have someone willing, get them to hide something in a room. Then make a drawing of your home's rooms, it does not have to be fancy, square boxes with the name of the room is fine. Hold the pendulum over the rooms and ask. "Is what I seek in this room?" Move on from there to include the backyard once you get that down pat.
Old 06-06-2014, 10:29 PM
Experiencer

Thank you, Sundancer. Great advice. :)
Old 06-06-2014, 11:42 PM
Pathfinder
I have a chart that I like to use to indicate my accuracy. My accuracy wavers between about 75% - 100% depending on my state (mentally/physically/emotionally). I find that "testing" my pendulum (asking it questions I know the answer to) doesn't usually work too well for me. My pendulum sometimes employs sarcasm (which is hard to detect since it doesn't actually speak).
Old 07-06-2014, 05:45 AM
SaskMick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisbet
I am new to dowsing and tried map dowsing to find a missing cat. I was able to find a place quickly with clear yes's and no's.

My question is, what are the chances of false positives for a novice dowser? Is it possible that my subconscious is giving me false answers?

I haven't tried door to door or anything so I have no idea if my cat is truly in the area I found on the map.

Some people can dowse with amazing accuracy right from the start, while others never can.
Old 07-06-2014, 01:09 PM
Experiencer

I read that you should have a very serious question that is important to you. I meditated on the image of my cat first and it was very important to me. I did this on two separate occasions. I drive through the neighborhood my pendulum pointed out now and then. Though I haven't got out of the car. I might get a street view map and try.

My pendulum is nothing special, but it's heavy. Which I feel would work best for me. I will try some more today.
Old 07-06-2014, 01:12 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristyjnh
I have a chart that I like to use to indicate my accuracy. My accuracy wavers between about 75% - 100% depending on my state (mentally/physically/emotionally). I find that "testing" my pendulum (asking it questions I know the answer to) doesn't usually work too well for me. My pendulum sometimes employs sarcasm (which is hard to detect since it doesn't actually speak).

Haha. That's pretty funny. I mean if you like sarcasm that is ;) I know we can have a lot of different guides with different personalities. :)
Old 08-06-2014, 01:49 AM
SaskMick

Start with some thing simple is right. Start by asking if the cat is dead or alive first. If it's dead there is no point in finding it.

Ask once only and leave it at that.
Old 12-06-2014, 07:49 AM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisbet

I haven't read the other replies here but my own approach here would be that you are emotionally involved in the subject which MAY affect your results(it certainly would mine)

If you are new to it, unless you are significantly better at it than me, I wouldn't pin all your hopes for success on it.

Hope you find your cat.