Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 25-05-2014, 12:29 AM
yaki000

How to know when in the hypnagogic state?

I have read that you must enter the hypnagogic state, this border between sleep and wakefulness, to successfully astral project, but I can never know when I am or am not in that state. Is there are tell tale sign that you are in the hypnagogic state?
Old 25-05-2014, 01:28 AM
Ascender
Possibly strange sounds such as growling and/or a feeling like vibrating energy all over your body are tell tale signs.
Old 25-05-2014, 04:42 AM
yaki000

thanks, Tridek
Old 25-05-2014, 03:05 PM
Master
Yeah, my impression is that you're not in the hypnagogic state unless/until you notice strange sounds, sites, visions. It's purpose is to try to pull you back into consciousness and to not allow your body to go to sleep without your mind also going to sleep. So, it tries to trick you into reacting, waking up.

The hard part once you get to that state is not reacting when you get there-staying in the mind awake/body asleep state. That can be difficult because the sounds can be tricky--footsteps or sounds you might hear like a pet, that makes you think they need attention.

Lora
Old 26-05-2014, 11:34 AM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaki000
I have read that you must enter the hypnagogic state, this border between sleep and wakefulness, to successfully astral project, but I can never know when I am or am not in that state. Is there are tell tale sign that you are in the hypnagogic state?

But you do go into it every time you retire to sleep. Contemplate it. Try to replicate it when you're sitting or lying comfortably, totally relaxed, eyes closed without strain, all (I mean ALL) the muscles of your face relaxed, and feeling as if any moment you're going to drop off to sleep and enter the dream world.
Old 26-05-2014, 09:33 PM
yaki000

Thank you everybody for you input
Old 28-05-2014, 08:35 PM
Master

This morning I knew I was in the hypnagogic state. I heard a drumming sound. I concentrated on it and the sound got louder. I thought I know I can ap so I did. I got straight out of my body. I went through the house and out the door. It was fun.