Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 22-05-2014, 11:46 PM
Raeona_Storm

Arrow Having issues with AP.

I've tried many times to astral project.
Nothing really happened except I felt like I was rocking from left to right, a little bit.
That's about it.
I can't figure out why I'm having issues though.

Any suggestions or techniques recommended?
Old 23-05-2014, 12:21 AM
Ascender
Hi Red_Faye :) In my experience learning to astral project is a very delicate process. I have only succeeded from a waking state a small number of times. I seem to have more success in coming out of dreams. If you would like the waking experience then I would first recommend not mentally framing astral projection as anything to get remotely excited over since when the window is open excitement can swiftly shut it. If you can avoid falling asleep while being very deeply relaxed you may get to the launching state which may or may not be experienced by intense, interesting sounds and/or a feeling of vibrations all over your body. If you manage to get to that state and be awake for it...and not get too excited then there are several methods one can do -- or even craft your own method. What works for you works for you. You might imagine a solid rope at a 45 degree angle that you use to pull yourself out. You might try rolling out of your body and on to the floor with gravity. Many people will report that the closer they are to their body the stronger the pull is to get back to their body (and I experience this as well) so upon exit I immediately make a run for it.

I hope this helps! Best of luck to you!
Old 23-05-2014, 12:27 AM
Raeona_Storm

Okay, thank you for the reply Tridek :)
Old 23-05-2014, 06:01 AM
Master

You are very close to ap. When you feel yourself rocking, imagine rocking from left to right and the rocking gets bigger and bigger until you fall out of bed.
Old 23-05-2014, 04:13 PM
Lorelyen

I'm normally loath to throw up youtube recommendations but there is one person who is as good as any on the subject - certainly more comprehensive than any other there.

He presents several techniques. If you're already aware of them, then please skip the rest - about preparation; ways to start and so on. I learned about astral projection some while ago but an acquaintance recently wanted to know and it became apparent that an "external" person (someone outside her circle of friends) may be better so we found this guy.

He talks about getting in a hypnogogic state (which in itself is quite an art), then ways to lift or hoist your way out of your body. He stresses the need for body awareness in an 'astral' state - just as you're aware of your body in dreams, even if you aren't lucid. (I mean, you dream in the first person (obviously) and it's this kind of feel you're aiming for at first, to get to be aware of your astral body.

You may not agree with all he has to say, and this may not be for you but if you are having difficulty exiting body, it's worth the 10 minutes or so. And it could save you wading through masses of book stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojsS35VQ2Y8

There's also this little item that might help.

http://www.wikihow.com/Perform-Astral-Projection

It'll take time. Takes a lot of patience. You may need to set aside half an hour, an hour even, at first. It's important to practice regularly - and to experiment with times of day - some times are easier than others. When I first started with this I found it a lot easier on first waking up, before getting out of bed so I set an alarm half an hour earlier than previously.

Lastly, don't forget the affirmations - that you are going to do it!

cheers,
L
Old 23-05-2014, 04:30 PM
Raeona_Storm

I don't dream in first person, not sure If that has anything to do with it.
Old 23-05-2014, 04:36 PM
Lorelyen

That's most interesting.
Old 23-05-2014, 04:42 PM
Raeona_Storm

It's always third person If that helps.
Old 23-05-2014, 06:44 PM
Lorelyen

I have to admit defeat there. That's a curious paradox. Let's hope others can comment. It suggests that some other part of self is acting out as the 3rd person in your dreams - but how can you be aware of that/observe it (in a dream)?
Old 23-05-2014, 09:42 PM
Raeona_Storm

What do you mean?