Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 06-05-2014, 01:55 AM
Master
Is human heading into " Buddhism"?

In my current view , human had developed from a nature of having fear , into a culture of having faith in religion and now we are living in a culture of civil law and order basing on common knowledge as a guide ......from having an emotion of fear , human had changed it livelihood into believing super power , having faith / hopes of this super power into a faith of a religion and this faith had indeed created a living culture of human , human are guided into this faith that changes livelihood ...now human are developed into a culture of common sense where knowledge is used as the basis , not faith ...this culture had developed a system of livelihood with civil law and order is used as guide .......our culture are now guided by a common knowledge with a common agreement of livelihhood known as civil law ......human are now guided by civil law .....
in our current culture ,knowledge is accepted as basis and from knowledge , human had created what is "right" and what should be "wrong" , true against false , good against bad ..........and seems human are still confused of their own mixture of knowledge , mix emotion on faith in each own emotion .........so where are human heading ? What will be "a guide" in human future culture .......after fear of everything , faith on super power , civil law base on common knowledge .......!!!!

In my current view , "Buddhism concept" will replace our current civil law in human future ........as human developed into realization of own emotion , awaken by own action , human will come into own realization that will free human from own confusion ...human will live in a culture freedom of any attachment of knowledge , freedom of any faith into a culture where human do not need any guidance to live , no more guidance on right or wrong as all the " right , good , true" will be part of human livelihood ..........so in my current view , human will awaken into this realization and this is part of a process known as " Buddhism"....
I hope to debate with others for my own understanding .
Thks
CSEe
Old 06-05-2014, 04:00 PM
Master
Hi CSEe. If history has taught us anything, it's this: the idea of "we" as a unified, collective world society will never be attainable. There are too many human factors involved: personal beliefs, individual egos, religions, life philosophies, and so forth. And there are too many countries and too many governments, each with their own sociopolitical philosophies and agendas. What we see today is where society is headed, only more-so: a governmental, corporate and media-dominated technological world. It's clear that's what people and society wants, and so that's why it's growing and multiplying before our very eyes.

More important though, knowledge and understanding is and forever will be an individual experience, something entirely personal and that one attains by degrees. That which one person or group understands to be morally and spiritually correct, will always be either ahead of or behind what a different individual or group believes. This is the human spiritual condition. Spiritual wisdom is governed and determined by qualities having to do with the individual and not the group: personal karmic responsibility, and degree of individual enlightenment and self-understanding.

As a friend wrote the other day, The sages have told us: Rather be alone in the world and live in solitude, than be popular with the crowd. This same wisdom applies to all thoughts and ideas pertaining to society's possible future direction. The spiritual seeker is on a solitary path, and never runs with society or with the crowd. And that will never change, it's the fundamental and essential the nature of the middle path experience as I call it.

Last edited by Baile : 06-05-2014 at 05:43 PM.
Old 06-05-2014, 05:55 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
Hi CSEe. If history has taught us anything, it's this: the idea of "we" as a unified, collective world society will never be attainable. There are too many human factors involved: personal beliefs, individual egos, religions, life philosophies, and so forth. And there are too many countries and too many governments, each with their own sociopolitical philosophies and agendas. What we see today is where society is headed, only more-so: a governmental, corporate and media-dominated technological world. It's clear that's what people and society wants, and so that's why it's growing and multiplying before our very eyes.

Perhaps that is what known as "knowledge".....we live in "the knowledge" and even be part of the knowledge itself .........perhaps as you progress further you will reached into a level of self realization , realizing that you are actually alone in your own journey of your will in your own world that nothing is owned or related to you ...........in a process known as Buddhism

More important though, knowledge and understanding is and forever will be an individual experience, something entirely personal and that one attains by degrees. That which one person or group understands to be morally and spiritually correct, will always be either ahead of or behind what a different individual or group believes. This is the human spiritual condition. Spiritual wisdom is governed and determined by qualities having to do with the individual and not the group: personal karmic responsibility, and degree of individual enlightenment and self-understanding.

Perhaps that is the reason why human are confused over own emotion .......because human attached to " beliefs" , " faith" on something they known as correct .......perhaps awaken to Buddhism concept , one will free of having to hold on to any faith or beliefs ......and progress into a condition of nothingness .

As a friend wrote the other day, The sages have told us: Rather be alone in the world and live in solitude, than be popular with the crowd. This same wisdom applies to all thoughts and ideas pertaining to society's possible future direction. The spiritual seeker is on a solitary path, and never runs with society or with the crowd. And that will never change, it's the fundamental and essential the nature of the middle path experience as I call it.

Perhaps all the action , intention or re-action regardless it nature is part of Buddhism and nothing is right or wrong , good or bad , true or false so regardless the action all will be part of a learning , discovering into self realization process ....
Old 06-05-2014, 06:15 PM
Experiencer
What I am seeing is that the old paradigm, with God being external to man, in rapidly losing ground.
In place of this right now a kind of uncertain materialist vacuum has come into being but there is a good chance that a new kind of esoteric (internalised) faith will fill the void.

That faith could easily have many of the qualities of Buddhism although the complete story is most likely more all encompassing and will show qualities of several different approaches, all having an inner search for Truth or Self, or God in common.

One who is truly in touch with this inner self, will indeed no longer need external laws. Such a person has succeeded in transcending ego.
Old 06-05-2014, 07:39 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarek
In place of this right now a kind of uncertain materialist vacuum has come into being but there is a good chance that a new kind of esoteric (internalised) faith will fill the void.
I don't know what the future holds obviously and if I did I'd go buy a lottery ticket. That said, I can't see any kind of collective world faith coming about. We are spiritual beings, first and foremost. We are in this world but not of it. We spend but a brief time in the physical state. We will never find spiritual solutions for society's physical ailments because the two ideas are incompatible to start with. The physical plane is temporary, and will fade away the moment the soul-spirit has attained all that it needs to learn on this physical existence plane.

Neither would I call our time now a materialistic vacuum. Rather, materialism and consumerism is the new world order and religion, and has been for a couple of centuries now. There is nothing uncertain about it. This is what the world has become.

Last edited by Baile : 06-05-2014 at 09:43 PM.
Old 06-05-2014, 08:11 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSEe
Perhaps all the action , intention or re-action regardless it nature is part of Buddhism and nothing is right or wrong , good or bad , true or false so regardless the action all will be part of a learning , discovering into self realization process ....
The important points here for me are that nothing is wrong or right, and that ultimately it's all just a self-realization process. It's not about forming a perfect society, because that's not why we incarnate or what we're here for. We are here to become self-realized beings and individuals. What happens to society and the external world is of no consequence, and there is no right or wrong there.
Old 06-05-2014, 10:03 PM
Master
Quote:
The important points here for me are that nothing is wrong or right, and that ultimately it's all just a self-realization process. It's not about forming a perfect society, because that's not why we incarnate or what we're here for. We are here to become self-realized beings and individuals. What happens to society and the external world is of no consequence, and there is no right or wrong there.

In my current understanding , the reason why we are here and why we will always be anything or anyone is because we still attached / holding on to an energy of what we currently known as emotion . We are here because we still have emotion and as long as we still holds on to this energy such as fear , love , greed , desire , ego etc we will always be anything or anyone for any time .......is all our choice , is always have been , always will be ....Buddhism is the process of "going back" to the original condition being a condition of "nothingness".....and this process is natural and is always in all our action , re-action ....nothing and no one can escape this process ...so to me currently , there is no purpose we are here , as we here because of the condition we are in right now and Buddhism is a natural process that we will be free of having all kind of emotion be nothingness - the original condition .So by having a desire to "free" or to " realize" our emotion , we are actually creating more emotion ........realization is not cause by or out of emotion .
Old 06-05-2014, 10:59 PM
Master
Quote:
Buddhism is the process of "going back" to the original condition being a condition of "nothingness".....and this process is natural and is always in all our action , re-action ....nothing and no one can escape this process ...so to me currently , there is no purpose we are here
I said the purpose for incarnating is to become enlightened soul-spirit beings. If we, in the process of incarnating, learn to go back to this original condition you speak of, then we have accomplished enlightenment. Therefore there is purpose to being here. Likewise I said physical reality will then cease, dissolve and become nothingness. To me, you and I are saying the same thing even if we are using different terms.
Old 07-05-2014, 01:26 AM
Master
Quote:
I said the purpose for incarnating is to become enlightened soul-spirit beings. If we, in the process of incarnating, learn to go back to this original condition you speak of, then we have accomplished enlightenment. Therefore there is purpose to being here. Likewise I said physical reality will then cease, dissolve and become nothingness. To me, you and I are saying the same thing even if we are using different terms.

Perhaps we are , perhaps even there are great differences as in my current view , incarnating is not for a purpose to be nothingness but rather is the condition for incarnating ..........if one created a purpose out of desire such emotion will lead into more emotion and therefore longer journey into nothingness . Buddhism is a natural process back into nothingness not by desire but by realization ...we are here because of the condition we choose to be , the emotion that we hold and that is not " the purpose".......but rather a condition that we in . Buddhism is realization of our emotion and naturally free of it not by accepting any beliefs or faith or practices ....but by being awake aware , realize , accept and continue to aware until such realization that free of all emotion even the will to incarnate ........ thats my current understanding , I hope to debate for my own learning process
Old 07-05-2014, 02:40 PM
Master
Quote:
Buddhism is realization of our emotion and naturally free of it not by accepting any beliefs or faith or practices ....but by being awake aware , realize , accept and continue to aware until such realization that free of all emotion even the will to incarnate ........ thats my current understanding
Those are my general life beliefs as well. I don't follow any religion or spiritual path. Also, and because of that, I do not wonder what will happen to society in the future. I do not for example wonder if "Buddhism will replace our current civil law" in the future.

I am not saying it is wrong to ask that question. But asking that question seems related to the idea of thinking society needs to accept a specific belief or practice in the future. So if that is not my path and it makes no difference to me, why would I care about or spend time wondering if society would choose that path? I do not need to choose a specific belief path, and therefore society does not need to choose one either. Do you understand what I mean?