Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 04-05-2014, 05:42 PM
EternalLove

Question OBE while awake?

I apologize. I have no idea where to post this, or even what to call it!

I was thinking of something that happened a couple of years ago, though I think of it from time to time, I was really pondering this yesterday.

I have no clue what to make of it really but here it goes. I was in the room with my children, watching a movie. Then my boyfriend walks in with a puzzled look on his face. He then asks me "How did you get in the room so quick?" I ask what the heck is he talking about. He says that I was just in the kitchen, and he was talking to me, then I dissapeared. I mean I laughed at him because I thought he was just kidding around, but he was positive he saw me there, then in a flash, gone. I was not in the kitchen, I'd been in the bedroom, on the other side of the house, for a long while. I said to him maybe he'd seen a spirit? He said it was definitely me he saw. Any idea what this experience could have been? I didn't feel anything but being in the room with my kids, it was he who was rather shook up after.
Old 04-05-2014, 07:40 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by EternalLove
I apologize. I have no idea where to post this, or even what to call it!

I was thinking of something that happened a couple of years ago, though I think of it from time to time, I was really pondering this yesterday.

I have no clue what to make of it really but here it goes. I was in the room with my children, watching a movie. Then my boyfriend walks in with a puzzled look on his face. He then asks me "How did you get in the room so quick?" I ask what the heck is he talking about. He says that I was just in the kitchen, and he was talking to me, then I dissapeared. I mean I laughed at him because I thought he was just kidding around, but he was positive he saw me there, then in a flash, gone. I was not in the kitchen, I'd been in the bedroom, on the other side of the house, for a long while. I said to him maybe he'd seen a spirit? He said it was definitely me he saw. Any idea what this experience could have been? I didn't feel anything but being in the room with my kids, it was he who was rather shook up after.
We as Human-beings have no clue how to or even know where to start to manifest in the physical dimension in a manner where it could be seen by another physical Human-being. When we astral project and dream we are doing so in completely different dimensions not including the physical dimension. While manifestation in the physical dimension for other spiritual-beings is rare especially in the manner of a full-body apparition it is certainly possible. Spiritual-beings are able to manifest in any image they desire as long as they have the know how of how to manifest in the physical dimension and are willing to exert enough energy to do so. A lot of physical manifestations by spirits seem to happen with the more confused ones because most spirits aren't willing to exert and use that much energy to manifest in the physical dimension, especially in a full-body apparition. Which is why most commonly sounds, moving objects, orbs, etc. manifest and not a full-body. The fact that you were wide awake and in the other room along with the fact that we as Human-beings don't know how to draw enough energy nor how to actually manifest in the physical dimension in my opinion means it definitely was not you. What exactly was it? I cannot say for sure. Maybe he was daydreaming, maybe it was another spiritual-being manifesting and taking your image (something that many spiritual-beings do), maybe there was some magnetic distortion in the area, a chemical distortion in his brain chemistry, or something along those lines that could of caused him to have a believable hallucination. Small variances in magnetic fluctuation or brain chemistry can often create very real and believable hallucinations to the person who sees or hears them.
Old 05-05-2014, 02:31 AM
Guide
I've OBE'd while I was awake, walking physically around, interacting as well as astrally projecting, I was aware of doing both. Another time, talking on the phone, and watching myself talk from behind, IDK why, but I tend to float behind myself. :shrug:

I've noticed as well, that traditionally, I would limit myself, where handling duel memories, to state it simply, was a bit of a task to learn. From what I've heard from an obe writer, Robert Bruce(I believe that's his name), it's not uncommon to project, and not have a memory of doing so. The lack of a memory doesn't necessarily negate the experience. He also gives a good account of going obe, and coming face to face to himself(maybe not too dissimilar to your own experience). He goes into detail in his book adventures in consciousness or something like that.

I believe in one of the Seth books, they discuss projecting while being awake, very similar to what you describe. But anyway, there's so much undiscovered stuff with OBE's it's such a broad scope, just go with your gut, experiement, and have fun. :)
Old 05-05-2014, 10:23 AM
Administrator
I to have had obe whilst awake i was in the kitchen speaking to my niece when i was suddenly in a hospital ward speaking to my friends dad,who was dying he looked at me smiled,and said im glad you are here,when my friend phoned later to tell me he had passed.i told her tht i knew because i was there,i even told her who was around his bed,she didnt freak out she was used to me telling her different things,

Namaste
Old 05-05-2014, 01:43 PM
Master

You may of been in what is known as an eyes open o.b.e. The movie may of put in an altered state of consciousness . Just my guess .
Old 05-05-2014, 05:13 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Sheep
I've OBE'd while I was awake, walking physically around, interacting as well as astrally projecting, I was aware of doing both. Another time, talking on the phone, and watching myself talk from behind, IDK why, but I tend to float behind myself. :shrug:

I've noticed as well, that traditionally, I would limit myself, where handling duel memories, to state it simply, was a bit of a task to learn. From what I've heard from an obe writer, Robert Bruce(I believe that's his name), it's not uncommon to project, and not have a memory of doing so. The lack of a memory doesn't necessarily negate the experience. He also gives a good account of going obe, and coming face to face to himself(maybe not too dissimilar to your own experience). He goes into detail in his book adventures in consciousness or something like that.

I believe in one of the Seth books, they discuss projecting while being awake, very similar to what you describe. But anyway, there's so much undiscovered stuff with OBE's it's such a broad scope, just go with your gut, experiement, and have fun. :)
There's quite a big difference between OBEing while awake and manifesting in the physical dimension in a manner where another Human-being can sense them. Even being in the right place at the right time while someone is dreaming and having them sense you is an incredibly difficult task and doing so in the physical dimension a dimension we are completely distant from during astral projection just isn't likely. There are a lot of things that can occur during astral projections to make people believe that something along those lines is occurring but the actual act of manifesting in the physical dimension is not actually happening. This is why seeing full-body apparitions of ghosts is extremely rare and why there has never been one shred of evidence to show that we can project into or manifest in the physical dimension. What does occur is people project into the RTZ space that looks like the physical dimension and they believe it was the physical. Someone who is an expert at astral projection and has projected limitless amounts of time can and almost always will go through their entire life never manifesting into the physical dimension.
Old 05-05-2014, 06:45 PM
Guide
Hi Astral Explorer.
It seems that you have taken arms to what I have written. I added my experience not to negate what you said, but to offer as you have done yourself, one's own experience. An adding if you will.

You seem to be addressing things which I never stated nor alluded to as well as place particular parameters upon myself, I see the no point in "getting into it." You can come to whatever conclusion you want based on the limited information I have given. I don't think there is anything to defend, justify, yada yada. Aside from that, you make some good points, I agree with.

So I guess reiterate, and I will just stand firm in what I said, I have OBE'd whilst awake. I have repeatedly tested and validated my theories of which I choose not to share on this forum. For obvious reasons.

I will further this and say I have also seen other's OBE only while they were sleeping. Had I not seen the cord,(or known that person as living) I would have thought them to be a spirit. You can interpret what you will, as you will, call it what you want, it makes no difference to me. This is my final word, and final stand on the subject of my own experiences.

I wish the best in your adventures, and perhaps eventually we can share our experiences in harmony.
Old 05-05-2014, 07:46 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Sheep
Hi Astral Explorer.
It seems that you have taken arms to what I have written. I added my experience not to negate what you said, but to offer as you have done yourself, one's own experience. An adding if you will.

You seem to be addressing things which I never stated nor alluded to as well as place particular parameters upon myself, I see the no point in "getting into it." You can come to whatever conclusion you want based on the limited information I have given. I don't think there is anything to defend, justify, yada yada. Aside from that, you make some good points, I agree with.

So I guess reiterate, and I will just stand firm in what I said, I have OBE'd whilst awake. I have repeatedly tested and validated my theories of which I choose not to share on this forum. For obvious reasons.

I will further this and say I have also seen other's OBE only while they were sleeping. Had I not seen the cord,(or known that person as living) I would have thought them to be a spirit. You can interpret what you will, as you will, call it what you want, it makes no difference to me. This is my final word, and final stand on the subject of my own experiences.

I wish the best in your adventures, and perhaps eventually we can share our experiences in harmony.
It wasn't my intent to come off defensive so if I did I apologize. I just think the question she asked has two sides and the first side of the question is canceled out if the second side is not also a possibility. I make no debate nor disagreement that a projection while someone is awake, in a state close to awake, or something along those lines could certainly be a possibility if not a likelihood. But I just think the chances of a living Human-being astral projecting and then manifesting in the physical dimension in any manner is so unlikely that it kind of gives the answer to her question. Once again I apologize if I made it seem like your opinion isn't valid or anything of that nature because you have more experience at projecting in a semi-wake or completely wake state than I do. I only meant to convey that I don't see how a Human-being could manifest in the physical dimension even accidently.

Perhaps it could of been another extension of herself whom lives in a dimension we visit through dreaming and projecting that is certainly a possibility. I can definitely confirm that other extensions of us exist in the dimensions we visit through dreaming and projecting and that they even have a mind of their own and live their own lives sometimes completely out of the realm of what we do and what we consider right or in some cases wrong. I think something else worth mentioning is that if a person can astral project while they are awake then maybe I am looking at it from the completely wrong perspective. Maybe it wasn't her that was projecting but instead the person who saw the image of her in the kitchen. Maybe he was in some sort of altered-state or even projecting while awake and saw the image of her, that is much more likely to occur if he was projecting as image and the image of something or someone is not as concrete in these other dimensions as it is in the physical and it would be incredibly easy for him to see her, the room he was in, and it all be believable if he was in a projection and didn't know it.

I do also think considering chemical changes in the brain chemistry and magnetic fluctuations are a likely possibility as well though because those have been completely proven scientifically to cause visual and audio hallucinations that are totally believable and real to the person experiencing them. The person doesn't have to be mentally ill or anything of the such it can happen to "normal" everyday people who otherwise would be extremely reliable and trustworthy sources of information.
Old 05-05-2014, 08:37 PM
spiritess

just a quick post but it is possible to do astral projection while awake in a meditative state. If in the kitchen and her mind in that type of state (possibly miles away in thought) that was more than possible. The fact someone can see her is just that he is sensitive to energies....just my opinion and experience.
Old 05-05-2014, 10:02 PM
Master
Eternal--

I was just wondering if, during the time your boyfriend saw you, you were thinking about doing the dishes or starting a meal? That might make sense.

How does he explain it to himself now?

Lora