Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 11-04-2014, 02:10 PM
Experiencer
Just wondering why...

I've always being an intuitive person, something I never paid too much attention to. A few years ago I came across a group that helped me understand more about intuition, empathy, psychic connections...well, you know, all that stuff. Last year, I got a little overwhelmed with friends and family and left all the spiritual stuff and people aside, put up a wall and brought myself into solitude. I've been feeling better lately and I've been noticing some things, examples: 3 years ago I met one of my husband's uncles (not a close one) while vacationing with my in-laws, a year later I heard he was sick with cancer, later I heard he started to get better and I never heard about him again, like I said, he wasn't a close uncle, we just heard from him sometimes from my husband's mom. A couple months ago, my husband and I were talking about work and our day during dinner when out of the blue I changed the subject (I don't know why) and asked if he knew how his uncle was doing, I guess I surprised my husband because he gave me a weird look, he said his uncle had died the past weekend. He asked me what made me think of him in that right moment and I couldn't give him an answer. I don't know. A few days ago, (please don't laugh :) ) for no reason I started thinking of "The Ultimate Warrior" the wrestler from Wrestlemania LOL, I know, ridiculous but I just did and thought of when I used to see him on TV when I was little and I wondered what he looks like now, I didn't google him or anything but today reading the news online I saw an article that said "The Ultimate Warrior" just died.
Why do I get this out of the blue thoughts? What's the purpose? it just feels weird. Sorry if the post is too long, I was just wondering why and I don't have anyone to talk to about this kind of stuff. Have a great day :)
Old 11-04-2014, 08:51 PM
Master
I think the why of such will always allude us and that's a good thing. It almost as if the allusiveness, the mystery of it all, helps the functioning of it, the way it moves without restraint and just forms and flows where it will.

I've just been watching some doco's about Bjork, the singer, and while she's entertaining and fun and it's interesting to have other people comment, what was the most intriguing, and somehow gratifying deeply, was a short interview with her mother which somehow alludes to this... that while you can't really trace where something comes from you can kinda see the paths things take and that 'environment', the spaces we pass through, is enough somehow to feed a sense that it's all well.

You'll see over time that it all just becomes fuller and more... resplendent is a good word, and that's it's just fun to be involved in the small way we are offered, which may even be a big way, but, you know... enjoy!
Old 29-04-2014, 05:30 PM
Experiencer
Thank you Mr Interesting for taking the time to read and reply my post :)
Old 30-04-2014, 07:38 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lengar79
Why do I get this out of the blue thoughts? What's the purpose?
The purpose is life, Lengar. Do we question why we wake up each morning, why the sky is blue, why we breathe air, why birds sing, why music exists and touches our hearts? It's all part of this wonderful reality called physical existence.
Old 30-04-2014, 12:05 PM
Experiencer
True :) Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
The purpose is life, Lengar. Do we question why we wake up each morning, why the sky is blue, why we breathe air, why birds sing, why music exists and touches our hearts? It's all part of this wonderful reality called physical existence.
Old 30-04-2014, 02:23 PM
Master
Quote:
True :) Thank you
Now as for the purpose of our different spiritual experiences as they relate to our personal self-development... that is an individual thing. Myself, I don't feel the need to question and examine my experiences too deeply. But that's because from my perspective, everything that happens in life is spiritual. So I just live all of it. But I could see how someone with a strong intuitive talent might want to take things to the next level so to speak, and develop that talent further. Perhaps that's you.
Old 30-04-2014, 04:24 PM
Experiencer
I guess it's curiosity. I haven't been trying to develop my talent, I've always been intuitive but never worried too much about it, I always thought it was casualty. But now that I believe in the spiritual world and experiences I wonder why I get this kind of thoughts, like I said, just curiosity but I guess there will never be an exact answer, which is fine :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
Now as for the purpose of our different spiritual experiences as they relate to our personal self-development... that is an individual thing. Myself, I don't feel the need to question and examine my experiences too deeply. But that's because from my perspective, everything that happens in life is spiritual. So I just live all of it. But I could see how someone with a strong intuitive talent might want to take things to the next level so to speak, and develop that talent further. Perhaps that's you.
Old 30-04-2014, 04:35 PM
Master
Quote:
But now that I believe in the spiritual world and experiences I wonder why I get this kind of thoughts, like I said, just curiosity but I guess there will never be an exact answer, which is fine :)
But you see Lengar, that is the answer! You are spiritual and you are curious. These are aspects of you and the Higher Self you connect with. That's an exciting recognition. You don't need to know anything past that. Now you DO something with it if you wish... that's your answer. It's about the discovery journey, not the imagined destination.
Old 02-05-2014, 04:28 PM
Knower
Here's me tossing in my 2 cent's worth lol Just my idle thoughts about it.

You mentioned something about being intuitive. Maybe it's that particular ability of yours that was kicking in just then. As to what exactally triggered that, who can be certain?

Perhaps this can help you out a little.
Think of everyone being like a radio.

Some people come here (to this planet, born and raised) not tuned into any particular stations. It's all just static.
Some people come here slightly tuned into one station, or in between two stations. Not picking up a clear transmission from either, but able to pick them both up with a good bit of static.
While others come here already fully tuned into one or several stations crystal clear.
Over time, those curious will learn how to take a hold of that dial and change stations, tuning into them at will.
Maybe, following along that example, you're a radio somewhat already tuned into a station. Hence why you were picking up those thoughts.

What's the purpose of being sensitive to this stuff? What's the purpose in anything we do here? Ultimately, to learn, to experience, to expand. Besides, this is a whole new age we're living in and moving into. More and more people are like you. Sensitive and aware and curious and not really understand why the heck it's going on.
Speaking from my own personal experience with this, you're like this for a good reason. As weird as it might be, it's no accident that it's happening or that you're curious about it. Not by a long shot. This is just a tiny tip-of-the-iceburg peek at what your spiritual senses are and what you'll be able to do if you genuinely want to try.

I say, if you're curious about this, keep being curious! Be curious. Ask questions. Search. Meditate. Ask your guides. Learn. It's what I did for nearly a solid decade. Being curious, meditating, and finding answers. It opened up a whole new realm to me of information, experiences, and knowledge. Some good. Some not so good. But all a huge learning and growing experience for me.
At the end of the day, your own experiences will be the best sources of information you'll ever get. Anything outside of yourself is just good for confirmation.

Not sure how much this helped at all, but, if nothing else, it's just some good food for thought for you!

Best of luck to you in all that you do!
Old 02-05-2014, 05:24 PM
Experiencer
Thank you LoneFlower! Yes, it helped, the way you put it makes a lot of sense. What caught my attention is "The Trigger", what triggers it? like you said, who can be certain? :) I guess that unknown answer is what will keep us curious. And Yes, I am very curious! Thanks again! :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneFlower
Here's me tossing in my 2 cent's worth lol Just my idle thoughts about it.

You mentioned something about being intuitive. Maybe it's that particular ability of yours that was kicking in just then. As to what exactally triggered that, who can be certain?

Perhaps this can help you out a little.
Think of everyone being like a radio.

Some people come here (to this planet, born and raised) not tuned into any particular stations. It's all just static.
Some people come here slightly tuned into one station, or in between two stations. Not picking up a clear transmission from either, but able to pick them both up with a good bit of static.
While others come here already fully tuned into one or several stations crystal clear.
Over time, those curious will learn how to take a hold of that dial and change stations, tuning into them at will.
Maybe, following along that example, you're a radio somewhat already tuned into a station. Hence why you were picking up those thoughts.

What's the purpose of being sensitive to this stuff? What's the purpose in anything we do here? Ultimately, to learn, to experience, to expand. Besides, this is a whole new age we're living in and moving into. More and more people are like you. Sensitive and aware and curious and not really understand why the heck it's going on.
Speaking from my own personal experience with this, you're like this for a good reason. As weird as it might be, it's no accident that it's happening or that you're curious about it. Not by a long shot. This is just a tiny tip-of-the-iceburg peek at what your spiritual senses are and what you'll be able to do if you genuinely want to try.

I say, if you're curious about this, keep being curious! Be curious. Ask questions. Search. Meditate. Ask your guides. Learn. It's what I did for nearly a solid decade. Being curious, meditating, and finding answers. It opened up a whole new realm to me of information, experiences, and knowledge. Some good. Some not so good. But all a huge learning and growing experience for me.
At the end of the day, your own experiences will be the best sources of information you'll ever get. Anything outside of yourself is just good for confirmation.

Not sure how much this helped at all, but, if nothing else, it's just some good food for thought for you!

Best of luck to you in all that you do!