Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 31-03-2014, 03:53 PM
GossamerB38

New to Crystals, Help me Connect?

Hello,

I am extremely new to crystals, I have only been looking into them for a week, and I bought my first two a few days ago.

I just went to a shop and picked the two that 'felt right.'

The first was red jasper, which I read is a good grounding stone, and helps with focus. I also read it was good for people in performing arts to help them connect with audiences (I thought this was interesting, I am a theater major in college.)

The second was sodalite, which is good for communication, the throat and third eye chakras.

I am having difficulties 'sensing' them. If I focus very hard, I am able to feel a light warmth or pressure, but nothing like what it seems like other people are feeling.

I cleansed them in a creek, said a blessing over them, and left them on my window sill overnight with all of my plants.

Are there any suggestions to help me get a better feel of their energy?

Also, since I started holding them, I've had a headache off and on, even when I do not have the crystals directly on me. Is this normal for people who start out working with crystals? Could it be the sodalite working on my third eye, or am I just over thinking things?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Old 01-04-2014, 04:01 AM
LarimarSpirit

Sensitivity to energy of any metaphysical kind is something that takes some time. I wouldn't worry so much about picking up on a major noticeable energy off the stones as much as spending time holding them and being around them. You might be over thinking things and over complicating them which happens in all sorts of new hobbies and talents we begin :) Remember to relax and have fun with it!

I will sit with a crystal in my palm and clear my mind, I won't focus hard directly on the stone but instead just sense anything around me. Usually I'll feel a pulsing or vibration (Which is very, very subtle) I'll then focus on my own vibration and let it it sync up with the crystals. It helps me pick up on the energy of the stone more so as I continue working with it later.

As to the headache, I wouldn't be able to say, that's something you'll have to figure out yourself.
Old 01-04-2014, 11:46 AM
Master
Hello GossamerB38.
LarimarSpirit's guiding words, to me, is very sound advise. Especially about relaxing and having fun (adventurous experiences) with the stones, and at times it can take some time to synchronize with them. Remember, like most things - sometimes quickly, sometimes slowly.

To explain further about synchronization. Each crystal has its own matrix template, I mean, though the crystal comes from a specific family, its matrix arrangement will be somewhat different to its similar kin - even if they came from the same gaseous 'forming' cavern/chamber. Because of this, you might end up with a few similar crystals, even of same type and shape, and find that one works better one way, or for a particular use, than the others, and vice versa. For instance, there is a particular clear quartz crystal that looks similar to others, but at close examination of its surfaces you will find triangular patterns. This type of crystal is often useful, (also depending on the person using it) for accessing hidden past memories - even past life memories. Also, your own personality, is like a unique matrix field in itself, and the two fields (your persona energy field, and the stone's energy field) need to synchronize/align so a flow of energy between the two are in harmony with each other.
Old 01-04-2014, 12:42 PM
Knower
Hi there GossamerB38,

I bought an amazing clear quartz. It's a beautiful stone and I tend to get headaches when I first use them. Crystals have so much powerful energy and Just like the visitor above said, it takes time to adjust and to synchronize both your energy and the crystals. Try to find a quiet place and sit/ holding the crystal. Feel it's energy and try to send your into the crystal. After cleansing it, you need to program it by sending your vibrations to it so that it can assist you with what ever your would like it to. After handling your crystal for a while, your headache should go away. Just like anything we come across, all takes some practice :) hope this helps! Good luck and have fun!
Old 01-04-2014, 02:05 PM
GossamerB38

Thanks so much for all of your help! It is greatly appreciated.
Old 02-04-2014, 11:39 PM
Pathfinder
Jaspers are slow-working crystals. It takes time for them to start working. They have very gentle vibrations, so they work well for people who are sensitive to crystals with strong vibrations.

Personally, I find Sodalite also has a gentle vibration (one of the reasons it was never a favorite of mine).

One of the best ways I've found to connect to crystals is to keep them with you. In your pocket, as jewelry whatever. Just carry it with you everyday for a week or so. Longer if you like.
Old 04-04-2014, 03:05 PM
GossamerB38

Thanks! I've been carrying with me, and it seems to be helping.
Old 04-04-2014, 03:19 PM
Master
Meditate with them, as you learn how to develop the Observer State and a space of No Thinking, then the setting will be right for them to be able to reach you via telepathy. It's nearly impossible though to interact via telepathy with anything in the Devic Kingdoms (animal, plant, mineral) if the mind is busy thinking.

Crystals can help us learn to meditate also, do it daily and in no time they will be able to contact you and you can begin a very fascinating journey and friendship with them.
Old 09-04-2014, 01:45 AM
Master
Hello GossamerB38.
What CrystalSong said, is spot on for me too.

Once I was using a very large, almost clear, amethyst crystal for some reason...can't remember now...but this is what happened. I was sitting down at the time and holding the crystal in my hands - for a long time. I too felt I was not connecting with it, and the crystal was getting too heavy to hold onto anymore. So I placed it on the chair between my legs. For about half an hour I was wondering why the crystal was not working. I gave up thinking about it. As soon as my mind relaxed to a point of not paying attention to my thoughts, a sudden rush of cool strong energy crashed through all the chakras from my Base to and through the crown chakra. I instantly sat up straight and felt as if I just stepped into a cold shower. The energy to go from base to crown took about one second. It felt as if it crashed open each chakra, because I recognized a few milliseconds of a pause at each chakra as it rushed through.

That experience, proved several things to me at that time. One is, exactly what CrystalSong was talking about. The second, that chakras exist and act like a valve that opens and closes - like an aperture. The third, that large crystals can have massive amounts of energy. And lastly, and most importantly (for me), is that to clear any blockages of a particular chakra(s), one can use crystals to direct energy from one chakra to another.

So GossamerB38, don't lose heart, 'sit with it' (so to speak).
Old 09-04-2014, 03:13 AM
LittleWolf, the Contender

Hey,

I thought it might help to mention that when i first started using crystals I would try to activate them by gathering white light into them to "feed" them. I found out that what works is to empty myself and just sense the stone in a hard to explain manner; an "auric" or spatial manner. It's like I just let the crystal express itself and let its energies hit me.