Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 20-11-2010, 05:52 AM
Ciqala

Meditation and talking to spirit guides

I wasn't sure where to put this, but i've been learning to meditate simply to talk to my spirit guides and hear them talk to me, in words, or hopefully send me visions.

When i get to a deep enough state, i say hello, or ask who they are, or what their names are.

So I am having a hard time in understanding whether the things i have received are my over reactive imagination or if it is from them.

I kept seeing a hoof in my mind. I remember thinking it absurd at first, and knew at once it possibly couldn't be from me, but i am still not sure. The image of a hoof kept coming back to me every time i laughed it off. I remember becoming amused because of a random hoof. But after this experience, I remembered I have had dreams before of Blue Deer, one of my spirit guides, perhaps it is him? Why would he show me a vision of his hoof though? Or maybe just my own thoughts?

And then i kept drifting in and out of meditation, my thoughts kept interrupting me. But during this, i became exasperated, and i imagined a man, above me, i could almost feel him, and he said, "you need to relax".
I'm not sure if this was my own way of telling myself to relax, but i do know from my own behaviour i would probably only insult my progress, but i kept imagining him, i could even almost see him above me, even though i was below, and my eyes were closed, and he was very comforting. I kept imagining this man, and he kept telling me helpful things. I didn't know if i was imagining it or not, so i thanked him out loud anyways, and gave up when i heard spirits walking around my room.
I know i can be over imaginative, so my question is, how do you tell if it's your imagination, or them?
I haven't gotten to the state purposefully when i hear them loud.
But i have gotten to that point before without attempting to, usually when i am about to fall asleep, and then i hear them, but they usually just shout my name.
Old 20-11-2010, 01:51 PM
mava

I'm wondering the same thing. Sometimes I do ask my spirit guides questions and I talk to them and thank them. I feel like I can hear a different voice inside my head that's not my own, talking back to me in short sentences, but like you said, I'm not sure if it's my imagination or not. Regardless of what you're imagining/visualizing (if it's yourself or your spirit guides), I'd say it's still a positive thing because it seems to be helping you. But based on the link between the hoof and the deers and hearing your name being called, I'd say it could very well be spirit guides, and maybe keep paying attention to suble 'hints' they use to show you they are with you. Still interested to see what other people post about the subject. :)
Old 20-11-2010, 10:19 PM
star-child

I have felt the same, I was talking to my guardian angel and getting thoughts in my head, I was wondering whether it was just me or my actual guardian angel so I asked for a sign. I then got the thought "Feel my energy." and I did, I felt a very warm loving energy flooding over me, that can't be imagined :)

I feel the hoof and the man above you weren't imagined.
Old 21-11-2010, 05:09 AM
Master

I think when you meditate and you hear voices, it comes from your subconscious. Your mind is starting to go to sleep, is very relaxed or both. It does not come from spirit guides or angels.
Old 21-11-2010, 05:59 AM
Ciqala

Quote:
Originally Posted by mava
I'm wondering the same thing. Sometimes I do ask my spirit guides questions and I talk to them and thank them. I feel like I can hear a different voice inside my head that's not my own, talking back to me in short sentences, but like you said, I'm not sure if it's my imagination or not. Regardless of what you're imagining/visualizing (if it's yourself or your spirit guides), I'd say it's still a positive thing because it seems to be helping you. But based on the link between the hoof and the deers and hearing your name being called, I'd say it could very well be spirit guides, and maybe keep paying attention to suble 'hints' they use to show you they are with you. Still interested to see what other people post about the subject. :)

I've been told that at first, you may not hear direct voices, but only subtle hints, until you practice, practice, practice and get better at it. But still, it is overly confusing with an over reactive imagination to know what subtle hints are! Usually, i would go by intuition. But my intuition has been lacking as of late.
Old 21-11-2010, 06:02 AM
Ciqala

Quote:
Originally Posted by star-child
I have felt the same, I was talking to my guardian angel and getting thoughts in my head, I was wondering whether it was just me or my actual guardian angel so I asked for a sign. I then got the thought "Feel my energy." and I did, I felt a very warm loving energy flooding over me, that can't be imagined :)

I feel the hoof and the man above you weren't imagined.

That sounds amazing, and that's a very good idea, to ask for a sign, other than just exchanging hellos. Yes, when you feel something like that, it would not be imagined! That is very amazing, thanks for sharing that :) I'm going to give it a try next time!
And thank you for telling me you felt they were not imagined by me, it makes me feel not so alone now!
Old 21-11-2010, 06:09 AM
Ciqala

Quote:
Originally Posted by astralsuzy
I think when you meditate and you hear voices, it comes from your subconscious. Your mind is starting to go to sleep, is very relaxed or both. It does not come from spirit guides or angels.

That's an interesting point, and i could easily be persuaded into that, but then how else would I go about talking to my spirit guides? I'm being very greedy here, dreaming about them is simply not enough, and i want to have a good relationship with them.
I eventually want to develop the ability to see them, but i know that in itself takes years, and probably isn't possible unless you have the gift of vision. I know very few rare medicine elders who are able to see other peoples spirit guides. They can just look at you, and be like, "wow, you must have grown up around a forest because you have a whole herd following you around!"
Old 21-11-2010, 09:00 AM
Master

I was a bit nervous saying what I did because I thought people may not like what I said.
Perhaps you could astral project and meet your guide. That way you will be able to see them and have a conversation.
Old 21-11-2010, 09:10 AM
abikisses

I always feel that our imagination is just 'another access to what is real', in the case of opening one's self up to spirit that is, or the Self.

We disbelieve because it can take time to trust in what we receive, what with it being so different to our normal every day ways of communicating.

Go with what you received, I would say. Take time to relax, find out what a deer may represent.

You may enjoy this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLXGp...eature=related

Blessings
Abikisses
Old 21-11-2010, 10:16 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciqala
I wasn't sure where to put this, but i've been learning to meditate simply to talk to my spirit guides and hear them talk to me, in words, or hopefully send me visions.

When i get to a deep enough state, i say hello, or ask who they are, or what their names are.

So I am having a hard time in understanding whether the things i have received are my over reactive imagination or if it is from them.

I kept seeing a hoof in my mind. I remember thinking it absurd at first, and knew at once it possibly couldn't be from me, but i am still not sure. The image of a hoof kept coming back to me every time i laughed it off. I remember becoming amused because of a random hoof. But after this experience, I remembered I have had dreams before of Blue Deer, one of my spirit guides, perhaps it is him? Why would he show me a vision of his hoof though? Or maybe just my own thoughts?

And then i kept drifting in and out of meditation, my thoughts kept interrupting me. But during this, i became exasperated, and i imagined a man, above me, i could almost feel him, and he said, "you need to relax".
I'm not sure if this was my own way of telling myself to relax, but i do know from my own behaviour i would probably only insult my progress, but i kept imagining him, i could even almost see him above me, even though i was below, and my eyes were closed, and he was very comforting. I kept imagining this man, and he kept telling me helpful things. I didn't know if i was imagining it or not, so i thanked him out loud anyways, and gave up when i heard spirits walking around my room.
I know i can be over imaginative, so my question is, how do you tell if it's your imagination, or them?
I haven't gotten to the state purposefully when i hear them loud.
But i have gotten to that point before without attempting to, usually when i am about to fall asleep, and then i hear them, but they usually just shout my name.

This is a nice thread with some very natural questions regarding the process. Meditation that uses reflective thinking with imaginary conversations does include the subconscious. That aspect of us is aware and involved with this experience.

Think of the imagination as a pathway to your spiritual essence and guides. One task that we have is to encourage our logical minds to become comfortable with this format.

In your case the "hoof in your mouth" implies that you are not presenting your requests to the spirit realm in a way that they need so that they can help you. The man above you is your spiritual essence/soul self/higher self, the real You aspect of you. The request to relax is good advice. You need to formulate a clear thought process with an energy that is receptive for this process to become productive for you.

The questions that work best are "explanations about the process itself" and "what would spirit like for you to understand" instead of the questions that you have been asking. Those questions reflect an energy of receptivity and lift your potentials.

I hope that these insights are of service to you.

John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/