Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 27-03-2014, 09:35 PM
jojo95

how to pick out a good crystal

I picked out my first crystal it's called an Amethyst Crystal. I would love some advice on picking out crystals for healing. Like what to look for in shape and size and anything else i need to look for?
Old 27-03-2014, 10:25 PM
Administrator
Hi jojo,

I have a few amethyst crystals,the way I choose them is to hold them in your hand and see what it feels like, if it feels comfortable then its propably right for you.

Namaste
Old 27-03-2014, 11:29 PM
Dante1709

You'll find that often, many people have different uses for crystals. Heck, some people have negative reactions towards other crystals too. I think you should follow your intuition when buying in store, or from a large variety of crystals.
However, if you wish to achieve something in particular, you can always look for crystals for your use. Here is an excellent tool for finding crystals by purpose.

The shape and size of the stone depends on your use, again. If you expect to use it in jewelry, or placing it over your chakras, try a tumbled stone. Tumble stone is also great for carrying in pockets.
Raw forms,clusters and spheres are great for keeping on desks. Clusters point energy allover the place, spheres radiate the energy equally and raw pieces are generally large enough to keep on a desk.
Just pick what feels nice in your hands, what looks nice, and what you can use.
Old 31-03-2014, 10:44 PM
Seeker
I think crystals will be my next research topic now lol
Old 01-04-2014, 10:57 AM
Master
Choosing healing crystals.

Hello jojo95.
Yes, the previous posts are good guidelines.
I have some extra information that might be helpful. You did mention about 'picking out crystals for healing'. There are certain basic types of healing crystals to choose from. Best to read up about them first in books and on the Internet. Then basically use the guidelines as already mentioned. However, be self-aware when you do go to test and purchase your new crystals. If you are yourself in need of healing, the crystal you are handling may be exactly what you yourself need, and if so, you may experience a strong reaction to it. Some people who experience this may think it is a negative reaction, but in fact it may be reacting, in a healing way, to whatever is not quite right with your own condition. Generally, a healing crystal/stone that is not needed, or has finished its healing, stops reacting. I find that if there is a reaction, the stone's energy field is in demand by the body for healing it's own misaligned energy fields.
Hope you will have a great adventure with your new healing crystals.