Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Health

Old 18-11-2010, 01:01 AM
aarsmi

Acne cure? v

Before the restore I made a post collaborating on how to control/heal acne.

Since the age of 15 I had severe acne. At 16 used proactive for a year; it dryed my skin, and overall made it painfully worse. At age 18 went to see a dermatologist; result some type of pill; a month later acne was healing. I did not want to keep taking the pills.

Further research I concluded that my acne is curable; by eliminating all dairy products. I now consume organic soy milk products.

Does anyone have any similar experiences, suggestions, ideas?

Thanks.

Last edited by aarsmi : 18-11-2010 at 03:58 PM.
Old 18-11-2010, 01:29 AM
Master
I had bad acne as a child and personally now that I look back on it I think I need to take Wild Yam as my hormones were very out of wack. I still do get acne on occasion but not as bad as a teenager, so what I do after swimming, about four times a week I sit in the sauna and just sweat for about 20 minutes and I find that acne doesn't come at all when I'm doing that. The type of acne I get now is bumps under the skin, but the sauna and sweating out the toxins from my face and skin helps...plus I never need to use lotion as it's a natural moisturizer.
Spiritlite.
Old 18-11-2010, 08:55 AM
Knower

Dairy sets my skin off, yes! Cheese and milk especially. Haven't noticed it as much with yogurt/butter/ cream.
Old 18-11-2010, 09:46 AM
Master

Interesting. I'm on the verge of giving up dairy to see what happens. I gave up milk as a beverage several years ago and there was a dramatic improvement in the number and severity of the colds I caught.

I was raised on a dairy farm so we consumed a lot of milk of course. And I had acne.
Old 21-02-2011, 05:16 AM
Haoma

I have crazy sensitive skin and yes acne. The best resource I've found BY FAR is The Clear Skin Diet by Alan C Logan. I have followed all of the recommendations in the book for the past 6 months and have experienced an incredible change in my skin. I recommend this to everyone.

From the book:
There is a strong causal connection between certain kinds of foods and acne. That certain fats, such as omega-3 fatty acids, protect against acne, while others, saturated or trans fats, can promote acne by increasing the level of inflammation and oxidative stress in the skin.

Culinary herbs like ginger and turmeric are known to dampen acne breakouts.
These same dietary stresses also influence the level of the hormones that cause acne. While fruits and vegetables, green tea, soy, fish, berries, and fiber-rich whole foods lessen these androgens, meat and milk promote these acne-related hormones, as do sugar and low-fiber carbohydrates.

There also is a strong causal connection between the brain and the skin. When a person experiences anxiety and depression, acne-producing hormones are released, which can lead to poor dietary choices high in saturated fats and sugars.
Old 21-02-2011, 02:02 PM
Master
^yes!!! you can try taking pumpkin seeds avados they will lower androgens, consuming garlic, onions, tomatos, basil will help clear skin

sugar and wheat also produce androgens.. also you can look up metapyshical cause of acne
Old 21-02-2011, 05:33 PM
iolite

I had relatively clear skin as a teen but as an adult, could never get it clear. Finally when I was diagnosed hypothyroid and got treatment, it cleared up.
Old 21-02-2011, 07:23 PM
Haoma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosewater
.. also you can look up metapyshical cause of acne

Cause:
Acne: Not accepting or disliking of self
Skin Problems: Anxiety, fear, feeling threatened.

Affirmations:
"The love and acceptance I have for myself is reflected in my outer appearance"
"I lovingly protect myself with thoughts of joy and peace. The past is forgiven and forgotten. I now choose to be free"
Old 22-02-2011, 12:32 PM
Master
thank you for finding that Haoma lol I was too tired and lazy
Old 22-02-2011, 03:18 PM
Time

I was lucky when i was a teen. Ive NEVER had acne. A few random zits here and there. Then when I hit my 20s, it started with a vengence. The wrong kind of shampoo? Acne. My hair is too long? Acne.

The main cause of my acne, is stress, and eating greasy food. Anything that is cooked in grease, or is greasy in itself ( ill say pizza for example), i break out. Not to mention i have oily skin on my face ( and dry skin everywhere else.... I know, odd LOL). Chips, fast food, deep fried foods, chocolate, salty foods all caused me to brake out.

The one thing that has helped, is a product called spectrogel ( i think its canadian). Also, changing my shampoo and conditioner. Many people get acne ( or backne or body acne), because they dont rinse after using conditioner. It blockes the skins pores, inceasing oil production BOOM acne. Make sure you wash your hair fist, then wash your face and body after you condition your hair.

Another thing is sweating. Sweating helps to clean your pores. Excersise is the best way to do it. So is going for a sauna. The minute i step out of a half horu sauna, my skin is CLEAR.

The thing with acne, is that becasue we all have different skin, different nationalities, differnt genes and different habits, no ones acne cause is the same. I tried many things aside from ordering a higher end product, or actual perscription. For the most part you can control it with eating habits.

EDIT I sholdve mentioned your hair plays a BIG part in acne. I have very thick, fast growing hair. If i dont shower once or even twice a day, i break out like mad