Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 02-03-2014, 06:38 AM
Ascender
Energy shock

Heya all! I am currently trying to research more about certain aspects of astral projection. I am specifically interested in a phenomena in which one is in deep meditation or almost asleep, and a energy shock or pulse runs through the body. Also possible beginning projection then snapping back into the body. Any advice would be most welcomed!
Old 02-03-2014, 06:33 PM
Jules Verona Garcia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy
Heya all! I am currently trying to research more about certain aspects of astral projection. I am specifically interested in a phenomena in which one is in deep meditation or almost asleep, and a energy shock or pulse runs through the body. Also possible beginning projection then snapping back into the body. Any advice would be most welcomed!

Interesting, that also happened to me. Was it like this:

"Something strange happened to me last night when I went to rest. I was on my bed, and instead of sleeping, I started to focus my mind without any second intentions. I don’t have any health or mental conditions, but for some reason I can’t explain what just happened. Suddenly I felt an enormous bolt come straight through my ears. I was in shock for its strength! It was more uncomfortable than painful, but I could still feel it regardless. It felt like the bolt had gone all the way down through my gut, and I started to feel nauseated. After a while I began to have a notion of body shifting, left, up, right, down, but only in horizontal directions. I will guarantee hands down that I wasn’t really moving. I also wasn’t in deep relaxation and my body didn’t look paralyzed. Remember that I was only in bed relaxing, nothing more. Is this good or bad? Only time will tell, just hope I don’t spontaneously combust in the process. That would definitely be annoying."

Later, I received a message from a member of the AP community tell me that it's a case of "exploding head syndrome", a common pathology related to body tiredness, yet possibly related with a third eye strobe.
Old 02-03-2014, 07:33 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules Verona Garcia
Interesting, that also happened to me. Was it like this:

"Something strange happened to me last night when I went to rest. I was on my bed, and instead of sleeping, I started to focus my mind without any second intentions. I don’t have any health or mental conditions, but for some reason I can’t explain what just happened. Suddenly I felt an enormous bolt come straight through my ears. I was in shock for its strength! It was more uncomfortable than painful, but I could still feel it regardless. It felt like the bolt had gone all the way down through my gut, and I started to feel nauseated. After a while I began to have a notion of body shifting, left, up, right, down, but only in horizontal directions. I will guarantee hands down that I wasn’t really moving. I also wasn’t in deep relaxation and my body didn’t look paralyzed. Remember that I was only in bed relaxing, nothing more. Is this good or bad? Only time will tell, just hope I don’t spontaneously combust in the process. That would definitely be annoying."

Later, I received a message from a member of the AP community tell me that it's a case of "exploding head syndrome", a common pathology related to body tiredness, yet possibly related with a third eye strobe.

HAHA yes that would be annoying wouldn't it!

I would agree this is what I am looking for! Thank you for sharing! It has been reported in different areas of the bodies center.

There is warning on breathing exercises being damaging to your health. So some methods of Kundalini should be considered with this in mind. The Kundalini Rising is the levels of inner self being awakened.

Any other such experiences would be most welcomed! :)
Old 02-03-2014, 10:21 PM
Jules Verona Garcia

Quote:
HAHA yes that would be annoying wouldn't it!

I would agree this is what I am looking for! Thank you for sharing! It has been reported in different areas of the bodies center.

There is warning on breathing exercises being damaging to your health. So some methods of Kundalini should be considered with this in mind. The Kundalini Rising is the levels of inner self being awakened.

Any other such experiences would be most welcomed! :)

One thing, keep this in mind: From my experiences, until your body adapts, some side-effects will be common. I was considering giving up due to some weird stuff I was witnessing, but I was advised to keep practice, that this is normal for beginners.

In your original question you've asked how to induce this phenomena correct? Well, I'm not sure that would be advisable, not until you exercise your energy body to levels where physical side effects are almost non-existent.

Self-suggestion is the tool I mostly use to achieve the hypnagogic state, but, because I'm still a newbie, when I'm trying to achieve the vibrational state, my body will not let me go further, and after that, I can have days with abdominal pain, sickness, feeling light headed and even Cardiac dysrhythmia. Not very pleasant.

I highly recommend building up the energy body first.
Old 02-03-2014, 10:31 PM
Ascender
I am just looking for peoples accounts, and also any theories or ideas around these experiences. I would be careful, the side effects may be what I was warning about. I think there may be other ways to achieve these experiences, which is why im researching it. I have never done any exercises, and yet me and now 3 others have had the same effects.

I am curious though about the experiences you have had. Is there an experience that goes with the jolt? Or is it isolated to a physical sensation and not a mental one?
Old 02-03-2014, 11:39 PM
Jules Verona Garcia

Quote:
I am just looking for peoples accounts, and also any theories or ideas around these experiences. I would be careful, the side effects may be what I was warning about. I think there may be other ways to achieve these experiences, which is why im researching it. I have never done any exercises, and yet me and now 3 others have had the same effects.

I am curious though about the experiences you have had. Is there an experience that goes with the jolt? Or is it isolated to a physical sensation and not a mental one?

Probably, hypnotherapy is one of them, IMHO it depends from person to person. I don't think this is black or white stuff. It is not rocket science either, but I'm quite convinced that there are techniques that show more efficiency for a certain majority of people. Talking to the veterans is what we have best. It certainly is what I do.

I'm still a baby to the OBE scene (no more than 3 months now), and I have restarted my practice stages from scratch, first doing my energy work, and only when see I'm ready, I'll try the vibrational state again (maybe a couple of months from now). For what they've told me and from what I read, it's something we shouldn't rush. My experiences so far have resulted in EHS (that one I posted was from 21 of February this year), I also had a case of myoclonic twitches a few days ago, and to this day, a strong tinnitus every time I'm falling asleep. So far I wasn't able to achieve the vibrational state, probably because the physical body just can't handle it yet. I had medical trials a few weeks ago, and fortunately, besides a little stuffy on the nose, I'm overall healthy.

I don't think I understand the second part of the question:what do you mean of physical sensation isolated from the mental?
Old 02-03-2014, 11:59 PM
Ascender
I was wondering if there is a vision, or thoughts that came along with the jolt. Or if it was isolated to a physical sensation.
Old 03-03-2014, 12:42 AM
Jules Verona Garcia

Quote:
I was wondering if there is a vision, or thoughts that came along with the jolt. Or if it was isolated to a physical sensation.

It was mostly a physical sensation. I only remembered seeing a "flash", like someone taking a picture, and nothing more. However, that's just an expected symptom of EHS, nothing really "special" here.
Old 03-03-2014, 05:18 AM
Ascender
It is also common, don't fret :) Thank you for the response!
Old 04-03-2014, 09:58 PM
octavarium

My first experience was in my early teens, I experienced 'sleep paralysis' for the first time ever. I felt like my entire body was paralysed but tingly and vibrating all over. I swear to this day I felt somebody trying to feel my leg while suffocating me with a pillow. I knew nothing of the astral, sleep paralysis or otherwise, so it frightened the life out of me!!
These days I sometimes experience the energy surge but more so when I panic. Most recently I get it in my stomach, like a being stabbed with a live wire.