Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 05-02-2014, 11:24 AM
Master
You're never more entangled with an emotion than when you're unconscious of it

Do I win the award for longest thread title?

Reading another thread got me thinking about being the witness again, ie standing apart from the thoughts and emotions that arise in your consciousness. I used to equate standing apart (detachment, to put it another way) with denial, but it's really not, it's the opposite of that, at least in my experience - it's only when I'm detached from the emotions that I really experience them fully. Inversely, when I'm unconscious, it generates fear; when I make it conscious, the fear evaporates, just like that.

I feel like it's been done to death, but I think it needs repeating, again and again, because unconsciousness of what we're really feeling causes so many problems.
Old 05-02-2014, 11:30 AM
Guide
I agree that once we are conscious of a feeling/emotion it is easier to deal with. Identifying our emotions is the only way to confront them and put them to ease.

Thank you for the thought provoking post.

Peace and Light be yours,
SC
Old 05-02-2014, 11:38 AM
Suspended
Master
Hi H.B.

Perhaps one's attention is where it's at for a reason . Whatever is at the fore front of one's mind is the result of what one is currently aware of . The moment the subconscious energies arise they become conscious to us .. even when one is in denial they deny that very something that arises lols ..

I can relate to pastlife emotional and mental influence that gradually had a noticeable baring on my current life, the more I became conscious of the effects of such the less control I had of the process of them arising and eventually of them being resolved .

Without being conscious of them, I would not of resolved them so staying in line with the thread the unconscious energies are likened to an itch you can't scratch ... and you can't untangle anything within mind if you can't get hold of the darn thing to begin with .

x daz x
Old 05-02-2014, 11:38 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritCarrier
I agree that once we are conscious of a feeling/emotion it is easier to deal with. Identifying our emotions is the only way to confront them and put them to ease.

Thank you for the thought provoking post.

Peace and Light be yours,
SC
Nicely put, thanks
Old 05-02-2014, 03:29 PM
Deactivated Account
Identifying them but not identifying WITH them :)

Blessings
Old 05-02-2014, 05:44 PM
livingkarma

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritCarrier

ABSOLUTELY!
You are always aware, its just a matter of identifying the emotion & the feelings associated w/it ...
In doing so, it will provide direction to recovery by driving a person to look for information on how to process the feelings & learn how to best resolve the issue(s) ...
It is always best to educate one's self on the functions of the human brain & body to avoid confusion as well as before assuming one is experiencing a spiritual phenomenon/awakening ...
I'm always surprised when people are not able to identify "grief" ...
Humans grieve all their losses ...
Not only do they grieve the death of people, they also grieve anything that is a loss whether it is good or bad ...
Pets, relationships, anything valuable including objects ...

Wikipedia: "In psychology and philosophy, emotion is a subjective, conscious experience characterized primarily by psychophysiological expressions, biological reactions, and mental states. Emotion is often associated and considered reciprocally influential with mood, temperament, personality, disposition, and motivation ..."

What emotions look like ...
http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=...es&FORM=RESTAB

Feelings list ...
http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=...-12&sp=1&sk=#a

Hope this helps!

Last edited by livingkarma : 05-02-2014 at 08:43 PM.
Old 05-02-2014, 07:15 PM
I'll give you an award for most intriquing title.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 05-02-2014, 08:30 PM
silent whisper

Quote:
Originally Posted by A human Being
Do I win the award for longest thread title?

*here is your prize*

Reading another thread got me thinking about being the witness again, ie standing apart from the thoughts and emotions that arise in your consciousness. I used to equate standing apart (detachment, to put it another way) with denial, but it's really not, it's the opposite of that, at least in my experience - it's only when I'm detached from the emotions that I really experience them fully. Inversely, when I'm unconscious, it generates fear; when I make it conscious, the fear evaporates, just like that.

I feel like it's been done to death, but I think it needs repeating, again and again, because unconsciousness of what we're really feeling causes so many problems.

Uhuh! everything flows in its own divine timing, so problems can become part of the process and journey as one.

Rome wasn't built in a day/Paris is the city of dreams they say.:)
Old 05-02-2014, 09:04 PM
livingkarma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbuck
Identifying them but not identifying WITH them :)Blessings

I can identify w/each emotion & feeling, there is only good learned from it ...
I don't mince words about how I feel or what I am experiencing; its simply unproductive ...
I call what it is then get on to resolving it ...
Some people need some sort of spiritual terminology to describe & accept themself as a human being w/human emotions ...
And that's ok, they can spend as much time as they want on a mouse wheel ...
For myself, life is much easier when I don't first try to categorize everything w/being spiritual ...
The spiritual lesson for all human beings is to first learn how to be one as well as accept how it functions while working to assimilate spiritual beliefs ...
Old 05-02-2014, 09:41 PM
Master
Until you experience the Witness it is hard to understand. Everything else is just mind games trying to understand.

The Witness = Awareness

When you are Awareness as the Witness your thoughts are objects that come and go. They do not attach to you. How can a thought attach or hold any strong emotional hold on Awareness? It can't and does not.

Michael Brown does a great job of explaining this. I highly encourage everyone to read his writings or if you are ready to do The Presence Process.

How do we deal with our emotions until we reach the Witness stage?

1: We all understand that our thoughts can control our body. The opposite can be said aswell. Our body can control our thoughts.
2: The easiest way to being present in the moment is to put your awareness in your emotional body.
Think of it like this. When the mailman comes to deliver the mail and it is bad news we don't yell and scream or cry at the mailman do we? No, we don't. The same thing applies with the people in our life.

Let's setup a situation.

People are messengers. No matter what they say it is not them that we are upset with. It is what they say (The Message) and how it makes us FEEL that causes the conflict.

The trick is to pause. To rest our awareness in our body. To feel the emotions, to feel how your body reactes. This simple technique allows you to be The Witness of the emotions which are objects that come and go. It allows you to respond instead of reacting to the emotions because you know it is not the messenger that you are upset with. It is something within you that is unresolved.

How do we intergrate our emotions?

It is not to analyze our emotions. That is just more thinking and justification for our anger and hurt. The trick is to be with the emotions in your emotional body. We don't care why we are hurting or sad we just want to cradle the emotions in our emotional body like a mother to a child. Again, don't get lost in the story just be with the emotions in your body. This allows the hurt and pain to become intergrated and lose the hold it has on you.

Now I am rushed for time and I probably did a bad job of explaining this life changing work.

It is a start I hope.