Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 13-01-2014, 08:47 PM
SFaith

Red face My First Experience

I have had feelings of beginning OBE since I was around 10 years old. Feelings, of weightlessness, floating and separation from my body. Until recently, I simply ignored these signs, not knowing what they were.....

Two years ago, I was in a near-fatal car accident on the freeway which has lead to a battle against anxiety. After seeing many doctors and seeking counseling, I have began acupuncture. The acupuncture is really starting to ease my fears, and feelings of anxiety.It has also seemed to help with sleep and a deep sense of relaxation. My dream recall has became more frequent and almost lucid.

When laying down to rest, I start to feel deep vibrations within my chest, almost like my heart is racing. My limbs become tingly and weightless, then I begin feeling a rocking sensation. But that's as far as I could get, until this morning.

I woke up around 5am with my husband, and got back into bed while he got ready for work. Curled up on my side, facing our window, I began to think about him in the kitchen. Standing over the stove making his coffee. I began to think about the stove. It's sleek black color, and strong lines. Pretty soon all I could think about was the stove in our kitchen.....that's when this intense pulsating ringing began in my ears. A monotone sound that continued... I was relaxed and continued to think of our kitchen and let the ringing carry on, and found myself completely out of body.

The ringing in my ears had ceased and I began to rise from the bed. Completely weightless and free. I focused on moving forward and away from my body, careful not to get too excited. I remember a blurry image of my hand as I raised it up to see. I walked slowly to our bedroom door and toward our hallway. Noticing the yellow glow of the hallway light on our hardwood floors. Then I thought maybe I shouldn't stay out of body for a long amount of time, and I snapped back. I woke up and immediately went through the event in my head again, careful not to forget.

Have you had this ringing/ beeping noise? Any advise on going further next time?

I can't believe I actually did it. It was such a beautiful, yet strange experience.
Old 14-01-2014, 02:06 AM
Experiencer

Congrats! It is a very spiritual experience when you astral project for the first time! My first tim I was in awe....had the same symptoms and I felt as if I truly was one with the universe, and that I knew a spiritual "secret" that none of my family and friends know about. It is a great accomplishment and it will happen more with practice. Good going!!! Sorry for typos I am on my phone and its hard to edit words.
Old 14-01-2014, 03:26 AM
SFaith

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenriggs
Congrats! It is a very spiritual experience when you astral project for the first time! My first tim I was in awe....had the same symptoms and I felt as if I truly was one with the universe, and that I knew a spiritual "secret" that none of my family and friends know about. It is a great accomplishment and it will happen more with practice. Good going!!! Sorry for typos I am on my phone and its hard to edit words.

Thank you Jenriggs :) I am in still in awe with what happened. Were you able to go far your first time? I only made it to our hallway and chose to go back. I think I will venture further next time since it was such a pleasant experience. I remember reading so many tips stating that fear is what will hold you back. It's so true, when you finally relax and go with your bodies natural vibrations and acknowledge them, you can actually experience AP.

Were you able to see your astral "body"? I only saw my hand and arm in a pink glowing form. So interesting! I can't wait to try it again
Old 15-01-2014, 12:56 AM
Deactivated Account

Congrats,sounds exciting. I am extremely terrified of doing it.I have done it a few times for less than 20-30 seconds. It's just really scary because I am afraid of being attacked or see a "ghost" lol,it sounds silly,but I hope to someday get the courage to explore it for long lengths of time.
Old 15-01-2014, 01:25 AM
SFaith

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueClover
Congrats,sounds exciting. I am extremely terrified of doing it.I have done it a few times for less than 20-30 seconds. It's just really scary because I am afraid of being attacked or see a "ghost" lol,it sounds silly,but I hope to someday get the courage to explore it for long lengths of time.

Thanks :) I still can't get over how strange, yet natural and calm it felt. I was only out for 20 seconds or so. Long enough to realize what I was doing and to look around a bit.

How many times have you been out?

I like to think that if I have good intent and surround myself in a white light that every time will be peaceful and kind to me in return. I don't feel ready to see other energies yet, I'm sure that will come in time.

Were you able to see yourself? your actual body? I never looked back and tried to ignore it so I could stay out of body. How did it go for you?

I wish there were OBE support groups around, haha. It's nice to have an online forum to chat though! :)
Old 15-01-2014, 09:12 AM
Master
Woooohooooooooooo!!! Dances!!
Superb!!! What a beautiful share and lovely first time experience which i think will go a long way to supporting others to realise, if it is a natural and as fearless as possible state on entering, it can be an amazing and life changing experience. I advocate alot about working on your fears before you travel and it sounds like the work you did on your anxietys etc paid off massively with this, really is nice to hear, onto the ringing and heart pulsing, well for myself these two things happen ascendingly, once it reaches a certain ascending pinnacle it works as a catalyst to get out! I get both at the same time, Tho as i have travelled more and more now those things lessen, so now im able to get out without any real efforts, which is nice! But in terms of your question on staying out longer, alot now is about working with the intention, but to be honest right now i wouldnt worry to much about how long your out, i would be working on why you thought you needed to go back? As it might well sort that issue of its own accord! Had you not had the intention of thinking you needed to go back, there is a chance you would of stayed out longer, controlling your time length (although there isnt any time as such there!) is something which can take a little practice, whats important is that your experience unfolded as it did without any 'thought' and it was only when thought popped in, you went back, so try thinking about your thoughts out there, what it is you want to do, achieve and experience? you clearly understand the over excitement contract out there! It works the same as fear etc, anything overwhelming will bang you back to start with, so getting a hold of your emotions is a prime way to travel longer, further and builds the ability to handle a huge amount of experiences out there without letting the annoying thing we call a mind get in the way, learning about how not to be distracted is also a very keen step in staying out, it opens up to even more beauty and some of the experiences ive had as i became more intune with myself have blown me away for days sometimes weeks! So loads of good stuff incoming!
For now keep the intention to stay out your body once your out strong, think about what your going to do/achieve and experience out there, dont get disappointed with time spans etc, remember this is all happening for you at the speed and timing its meant to, there is no need to fret about the any of it, point is you got out, you stayed out and you feel wonderful for it, dont ever loose that, You did it!! Clap your hands, dance around about it! Keep that joy you feel from it in the forefront of your mind! i suggest to be selective about what you read, hear and watch regarding obe at the moment, because it can accidentally or otherwise affect the experience, my top tip if you can would be to not research anything to much at the moment untill it comes up from/in your own experience and then you would like to know more about it, let it be as pure as you can, few people get that opportunity and in my humble opinion if you are one who does! USE IT, use it, use it, use it!!
I could go on for years about it but i wont lol, but there the things i would suggest for now, I know they dont seem specific and probably dont answer as such your questions in step by step details, but all the knowledge you need you already have, your just in the process of uncovering it, Its yours to discover own it! Enjoy! Keep us updated and Happy travels always!
Loopy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFaith
I have had feelings of beginning OBE since I was around 10 years old. Feelings, of weightlessness, floating and separation from my body. Until recently, I simply ignored these signs, not knowing what they were.....

Two years ago, I was in a near-fatal car accident on the freeway which has lead to a battle against anxiety. After seeing many doctors and seeking counseling, I have began acupuncture. The acupuncture is really starting to ease my fears, and feelings of anxiety.It has also seemed to help with sleep and a deep sense of relaxation. My dream recall has became more frequent and almost lucid.

When laying down to rest, I start to feel deep vibrations within my chest, almost like my heart is racing. My limbs become tingly and weightless, then I begin feeling a rocking sensation. But that's as far as I could get, until this morning.

I woke up around 5am with my husband, and got back into bed while he got ready for work. Curled up on my side, facing our window, I began to think about him in the kitchen. Standing over the stove making his coffee. I began to think about the stove. It's sleek black color, and strong lines. Pretty soon all I could think about was the stove in our kitchen.....that's when this intense pulsating ringing began in my ears. A monotone sound that continued... I was relaxed and continued to think of our kitchen and let the ringing carry on, and found myself completely out of body.

The ringing in my ears had ceased and I began to rise from the bed. Completely weightless and free. I focused on moving forward and away from my body, careful not to get too excited. I remember a blurry image of my hand as I raised it up to see. I walked slowly to our bedroom door and toward our hallway. Noticing the yellow glow of the hallway light on our hardwood floors. Then I thought maybe I shouldn't stay out of body for a long amount of time, and I snapped back. I woke up and immediately went through the event in my head again, careful not to forget.

Have you had this ringing/ beeping noise? Any advise on going further next time?

I can't believe I actually did it. It was such a beautiful, yet strange experience.

◌ⴽAꕂꕂ A simple smile could be the first aid kit that someone has been looking for,
If you believe with absolute honesty that you are doing everything you can....DO MOREꕂꕂ◌ⴽ
~Shane Koyczan~
Old 19-01-2014, 06:51 PM
Master
Very exciting after reading your posts. Cant wait to try it myself!
Old 20-01-2014, 01:13 AM
Pathfinder

hello
after hearing your experience yesterday i also tried to so it but i could not instead of AP it happened lucid dream.But at morning i feel so relaxed... :-)
Thank you for sharing.... :-)
Old 13-03-2014, 11:10 AM
Pathfinder

I'm very new at this and only had my first AP the other night, altho' have got vibrations for a few years but never realised what they were until now. I thought it was my spirit guides visiting.

Anyhow, as I'm new to it, I haven't read a vast amount of books or other people's experiences, so I guess I just went into with the thought that it was going to be a great feeling. And it was.

What I'm saying is that I didn't have any knowledge or thoughts of bad things happening during an AP.

Think positively. Clear your mind of any bad thoughts or doubts. Just tell yourself you can do it and it's going to be great!