Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 11-01-2014, 01:40 AM
thegardenofdaisies

Crystal/Gemstone Beginner

Hello all,
I am very interested in the use of stones, and would love some brief info that could possibly help me get started. For example, what stones should I be looking for, how do I "charge" them, how can I work with them, etc.?
Warm Regards
-S
Old 11-01-2014, 04:33 AM
white_monarch

Kind of a loaded question. My best advice is to go to a new age store or something with lots of stones and just play with them until you find a few that you want to take home with you. As far as charging them it's more about holding them and praying/thinking thoughts involving good intentions. At least, that's how I approach it.
Old 11-01-2014, 04:44 AM
eternal mind

You should, as white_monarch (beautiful name) suggested, look around for a stone that generally calls to you. When you find that stone and bring it home, then research it. The metaphysical properties very well may be an indicator of where you should be putting your efforts in life. Cleansing a stone is necessary before charging. The safest method is with smudging with incense and/or sage, or toning. Cleansing with the sun, I would not recommend as it can bleach the color of the stone or crystal. Here is a video for charging your stone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HM0EchhMy9k

Best of luck and tons of love, Miss Daisy.
Old 15-01-2014, 11:31 AM
Master
Use your intuition to find the right crystals for you. And buy a good book on crystals. Doesn't have to be a tome, just something to get you started, a book with general, good information. Judy Hall's guides would be great!
Old 21-01-2014, 02:00 PM
Knower

I have a collection of files on crystals that I am happy to share for anyone interested.
Old 21-01-2014, 02:38 PM
Ascender
Some background that might help in choosing a stone. One belief I enjoy and still practice is the Native American approach. They believe certain rocks or spots to sit on had power within them, or spirit is a better word. Not a power for just anyone, but different types for different people. The value had little to do with this interaction, it was the amount of power it could offer in connection to the person.

For example a person in tune and practiced with a limestone would have more power then a novice with a gemstone.

You might be doing these things more then you think. Is there a place you always sit or a "side" to the bed? These are some of your power spots, a place to sit and energize. Sensing the power spot or rock is usually possible, you can close your eyes and feel what direction something is.
Old 22-01-2014, 02:07 AM
eternal mind

Thats really interesting Sammy.
Old 22-01-2014, 03:30 PM
Astorina

I like to believe that the right stone that is meant to work with you for this time shall choose you through giving you a sign of confirmation that is its meant to be. It can either call out to you by catching your eye or drawing your attention to it one way or the other you will know its for you. I found this to be the case for the pink flourite crystal, I knew that was the right one for me. Not the whole lot just that one stone sitting on top. So take your pick but go for the one that calls out to you the strongest energy or feeling or energetic vibration. Charging them you could charge them or ask them to show you how to charge that specific crystal. Some stones like to be smudged, or used with white light healing energies, others may want to be washed with water though obviously not Selenite family as it would erode the crystal away. Ask when holding the stone when you first notice it what method of cleansing or charging it would prefer and know/trust it shall show you. Hope this helps :)