Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 10-01-2014, 03:48 PM
Ascender
The Gaia Stone

The Gaia Stone is a green obsidian formed by the ash from the Mount St. Helens eruption in 1980.
It's considered to be a powerful healing stone, and is supposed to allow the owner of such a stone to connect more easily with the Earth. It resonates with the heart chakra, but is said to be able to cleanse all chakras. It also works well with other stones like Rose Quartz and Morganite.
It's good for healing past traumas.
All in all, it's a very useful stone for those wishing to better connect with the Earth or their hearts, and for healing past trauma and emotional wounds.

I own a Gaia stone on a silver chain. Has anyone else come across this wonderful crystal?
Old 10-01-2014, 10:03 PM
Experiencer
I am a fan of obsidian so when I saw it at a local shop I decided to give it a feel, after holding it and trying to get a field for it I felt no attraction to it. I asked the owner about it's origin and he told me it was a synthetic stone and not a real obsidian. I came to find out that they melt the ash to create the green glass and that Mount St. Helen didn't produce any obsidian :( The ashes that are used to make the glass are from Mount Helen but unfortunately many sellers mislead people into thinking it's an actual obsidian produced by the eruption. Gaia Stone is a man made glass.

Green obsidian does exist, to my knowledge there's 2 places that produce it: Davis Creek, California USA and the center part of Mexico. From what I know Gaia Stone is referred to the one from Mount St. Helens, so I don't think the 2 locations I mentioned are considered to be Gaia Stones.
Old 10-01-2014, 10:34 PM
Ascender
The Gaia stone I own is most definitely genuine. I feel an energy coming off of it. When I first held it in my hand I felt a resonance with it, and felt vibrations coming from the stone. When I wore it during my reiki therapy, the practitioner commented on the energy coming from the stone as well.
It's a shame some are synthetic. The Gaia stone is a beautiful stone.
Old 11-01-2014, 12:37 AM
Experiencer
I was just informing you that the Gaia Stone is not an Obsidian, but a man made glass... well there's 2 versions; man made glass and glass made by melting the ashes from the eruption. According to the book I have, it says that the one made out of the ashes is the one with the metaphysical properties you stated. The one I held at the store must of been colored glass and not made out of the melted ashes. So yes, even though it was not naturally formed; your Gaia Stone can be genuine (melted ashes from mount st. helens). Obsidian is made out of lava that cooled too fast, the eruption of St Helens didn't produce any obsidian because the lava cooled too slow.

I know the local stores here only carry colored glass and I am reluctant to buy online since I have no idea what I will get. If you bought yours online do you mind sharing the site? Sounds like the one you got is the real deal.
Old 11-01-2014, 09:52 AM
Ascender
I bought it in a store called Ethereal Light. I think it still has it's website, but I don't know if it's active anymore.
Old 13-01-2014, 03:17 PM
Likes2Read

I had that happen to me, regarding buying what I thought was green obsidian.

Turns out, it is legal to add volcanic ash to regular glass, and call the resulting substance "obsidian". I bought two or three small spheres from Spheres To You, thinking it was a fully natural substance. I was not happy to learn otherwise later.

Oh, well, at least the spheres are pretty, and they'll work great for scrying.
Old 13-01-2014, 05:55 PM
Experiencer
I found the site, no more Gaia Stone. Oh well, Mount St Helens is only 2 states away from me so eventually I'll take a trip to visit and get it locally.

Likes2Read, yeah it's so sucky when that happens. I have learned to be very cautious with crystals, once I started collecting and learning about them I realized how much made up names and synthetics stuff is out there, it's unbelievable! Now I research before buying something I am unfamiliar with.