Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 03-06-2013, 08:49 PM
Experiencer

Asked to see past life

A few mornings ago, I woke up vibrating and floated out as usual. I kept asking over and over to see a past life. I felt what I've heard to be described as "astral wind" taking me backwards. This feels much different from you flying backwards willingly in the astral. It's like something pushing you in a direction at a very fast speed.

I ended up in a small town. Everything was white. The roads were white, the ground, the buildings.. There were other "people" there. There were two story buildings everywhere. I was just walking around, floating, flying a little, exploring.. There were no epiphanies. Nothing jogged my memory as being a past life. I don't know if it should have or not. I don't really know what to make of it.

My awareness was not very strong. I hope you know what I mean by that, because I'm not sure how to explain it. But I did feel everything and I felt all the flying. It was fun to float to the tops of the buildings. Then I remember panicking as I felt myself "going back to my body." Thinking, nooooo I don't want to and trying to go back to the place. But it didn't happen.

I'm not expecting that anyone can tell me the exact interpretation of what this is, but I am curious to know what other people's opinions are about it according to their own beliefs and experiences.
Old 03-06-2013, 09:06 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by amylou
A few mornings ago, I woke up vibrating and floated out as usual. I kept asking over and over to see a past life. I felt what I've heard to be described as "astral wind" taking me backwards. This feels much different from you flying backwards willingly in the astral. It's like something pushing you in a direction at a very fast speed.

When I travel in a lucid dream, this is the sensations that are always there. Most times, there is a strong chance, I lose the lucidity before I get to my destination. I think this forum of travel is the result of trying to get somewhere instead of actually thinking to be there. As travel in the astral is based upon thought, and not actual doing.

The hard part about seeing a past life, is not really being able to validate it with yourself. So it may be possible what you saw was true.. Or perhaps just in seeing an actual one, you will know it on a deeper level.
Old 03-06-2013, 09:12 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by innerlight
When I travel in a lucid dream, this is the sensations that are always there. Most times, there is a strong chance, I lose the lucidity before I get to my destination. I think this forum of travel is the result of trying to get somewhere instead of actually thinking to be there. As travel in the astral is based upon thought, and not actual doing.

The hard part about seeing a past life, is not really being able to validate it with yourself. So it may be possible what you saw was true.. Or perhaps just in seeing an actual one, you will know it on a deeper level.

I wasn't actually trying to get there on my own though, as I wouldn't know where to go. I was just floating in my room stating in mind to see a past life. The astral wind just comes on its own. I don't have any control over it. But it's interesting that you say you lose lucidity when you try to go somewhere instead of thinking it. If that's true, it explains some other experiences I've had.
Old 03-06-2013, 09:18 PM
Master
I should have been clearer. Yes, since you don't know where you're going to just think yourself there. You have to be drug there, so to speak. I've tried to make short cuts to that process, and create doorways to be jump points.. But I have yet been able to achieve this.

It takes a lot of energy to be lucid, and some activities can take a lot out of the person and cause them to lose the lucidness. If I get stuck in a long conversation with someone, I can lose it as well.
Old 03-06-2013, 09:46 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by innerlight
I should have been clearer. Yes, since you don't know where you're going to just think yourself there. You have to be drug there, so to speak. I've tried to make short cuts to that process, and create doorways to be jump points.. But I have yet been able to achieve this.

It takes a lot of energy to be lucid, and some activities can take a lot out of the person and cause them to lose the lucidness. If I get stuck in a long conversation with someone, I can lose it as well.

Okay. I understand what you mean. I would say that's the case, but I'm not so sure because I have been in situations where I didn't ask to go anywhere at all. I just got "swept up" so to speak by this wind and took somewhere and I didn't really have a choice.
Old 03-06-2013, 11:05 PM
Master
Quote:
Okay. I understand what you mean. I would say that's the case, but I'm not so sure because I have been in situations where I didn't ask to go anywhere at all. I just got "swept up" so to speak by this wind and took somewhere and I didn't really have a choice.

That happens for me too.. The moment I become lucid, and realize I am.. I start swooshing around, without intending to go anywhere. Which then can cause me to lose the lucidness.

It doesn't always happen, but does on occasion.
Old 03-06-2013, 11:35 PM
Super Moderator
I honestly don't know what to make of this "astral wind" phenomenon. I have an intuition that when it occurs, something quite different is happening, compared with ordinary astral travel. Many years ago it once happened to me, I was whoooshed away like a leaf on the wind, and it was so strong I felt something pulling the skin of my face, like "G" forces. It was the oddest experience.
Then when it spat me out I was in a big ancient hall, constructed of stone and wood with a high wood-beamed vaulted ceiling. It had a hard earth floor and a fire-pit in the center. It felt at least a thousand years ago. Possibly Viking or Saxon?? I was unsure. I had no idea where I was, and no-one around at all.
But when I looked into the fire-pit (it had a stone surround rather like a well-head) -there were all the colours of fire down below, and coming up fast from the center there was brilliant white flame that literally sent me flying backwards. It was quite awesome and wonderful.

Something different happens when the astral wind carries you.
Old 04-06-2013, 12:37 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobi
I honestly don't know what to make of this "astral wind" phenomenon. I have an intuition that when it occurs, something quite different is happening, compared with ordinary astral travel. Many years ago it once happened to me, I was whoooshed away like a leaf on the wind, and it was so strong I felt something pulling the skin of my face, like "G" forces. It was the oddest experience.
Then when it spat me out I was in a big ancient hall, constructed of stone and wood with a high wood-beamed vaulted ceiling. It had a hard earth floor and a fire-pit in the center. It felt at least a thousand years ago. Possibly Viking or Saxon?? I was unsure. I had no idea where I was, and no-one around at all.
But when I looked into the fire-pit (it had a stone surround rather like a well-head) -there were all the colours of fire down below, and coming up fast from the center there was brilliant white flame that literally sent me flying backwards. It was quite awesome and wonderful.

Something different happens when the astral wind carries you.

The first time it happened to me was coincidentally the first time I met my guides. I came out into pitch black and they were there. Told me a few things and all the sudden I'm sucked backwards really fast. Honestly, I hate it when it happens because I don't like the feeling. I'm starting to get more used to it now though.

The best thing I can do is interpret astral wind taking you backwards as going to the past and astral wind taking you forward as going to the future? I've gone both directions.

About the past life, idk. I just thought that if it was an actual past life, I would feel a bit more attachment to the place and remember something.

Anyone else is free to give their take on this.
Old 04-06-2013, 01:38 AM
Experiencer

I haven't been able to astral project yet, but thought I'd jump in with a comment. I've been told that certain experiences in my life can be explained by some of my past lives. I honestly can't give you any details because I felt no connection at all to the past lives I was said to have had and so I don't remember the details. When I said that I felt no connection to the past lives, I was told that we don't always feel connected to them.
Old 04-06-2013, 01:42 AM
Master
Quote:

I ended up in a small town. Everything was white. The roads were white, the ground, the buildings.. There were other "people" there. There were two story buildings everywhere. I was just walking around, floating, flying a little, exploring.. There were no epiphanies. Nothing jogged my memory as being a past life. I don't know if it should have or not. I don't really know what to make of it.

My awareness was not very strong. I hope you know what I mean by that, because I'm not sure how to explain it. But I did feel everything and I felt all the flying. It was fun to float to the tops of the buildings. Then I remember panicking as I felt myself "going back to my body." Thinking, nooooo I don't want to and trying to go back to the place. But it didn't happen.

I'm not expecting that anyone can tell me the exact interpretation of what this is, but I am curious to know what other people's opinions are about it according to their own beliefs and experiences.

It could of been something totally random and irrelevant or something with a deeper meaning. Unfortunately there is no way to know with the experience you had, you will have to keep trying and see how it goes. With your level of awareness being low it's possible that's why you didn't have any flashbacks or deja vu. It's quite possible you just ended up in a totally random location in the astral as I have had that happen with astral wind. When we request to go somewhere in the astral rarely do we end up where we hoped or intended. In my experience and personal opinion we end up where we end up and that's where we end up, it is what it is and there's no real reasoning behind it more often than not.