Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Natural Remedies

Old 23-02-2013, 05:38 PM
Master
Camomile Tea

Any ideas to make it taste a bit nicer?

I put honey in, yet it still tastes 'woody'

Kind Regards

Jo

XxXx
Old 23-02-2013, 07:50 PM
sesheta

I have a couple of different mixes that are good:

Chamomile/honey/vanilla - this is sold by Celestial Seasonings, if you want to look for it in the grocery store :)

I also found a chamomile/peppermint tea that was really nice, too...

So, a couple of ideas for you
Old 24-02-2013, 05:02 AM
Deactivated Account

Interesting on the woody taste, I like Camomile tea and never noticed it tasting like that. Perhaps try a different brand of tea ? And of course, sesheta's additions sound good too !

just a thought here, on the woody taste.... any chance your tea comes in a wooden box ? I bought some fruit flavored tea (can't remember the original flavor) but it came in a wooden box.. and the tea tasted ' woody ' !!

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Old 24-02-2013, 06:53 AM
Master
Thank you, I'll look for alternative flavours

It's in a cardboard box

That's how I would describe the taste, maybe it's just camomile's natural taste, it's a bit off putting though

Love and hugs

Jo

XxXx
Old 24-02-2013, 07:21 AM
Knower
Saggi, I know what the woody taste it, that you speak of. Also the reason why chamomile tea doesn't hit the spot for me. We could both try adding a dash of rice or almond milk to it? Rosewater?...
Old 24-02-2013, 07:26 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoursTruly
Saggi, I know what the woody taste it, that you speak of. Also the reason why chamomile tea doesn't hit the spot for me. We could both try adding a dash of rice or almond milk to it? Rosewater?...

Cool

Hmm, yes, those alternative milks do have a lovely sweet taste,,,

Certainly an option, Thank You

Love and hugs

Jo

XxXx
Old 08-04-2013, 12:25 AM
Master
Saggi, I always mix it with either mint or rosehips, to cover, er..blend the taste!

I do the same thing with hawthorne, which tastes even worse, using blending it with a spicer herbal tea.

Some herbs are truly medicinal and are not fit to stand alone

Peace & blessings,
7L

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke
Old 08-04-2013, 12:49 AM
Super Moderator
Camomile's not bad -until you drink it again, and again.....then I think it gets boring. You could try Camomile and Spearmint? That's a happy combination. I think Twining's do it.
Old 08-04-2013, 01:54 AM
Seeker
Chamomile is an absolute godsend. I was able to temporarily wean a former friend off an addiction to xanax and valium while she lived with me by giving her chamomile and linden tea whenever she felt an attack coming on. Nature does best what pharmaceutical companies can only attempt to emulate.
Old 26-06-2013, 12:12 AM
Songbirds

I don't like chamomile tea either, it doesn't taste very nice :( however I do still drink it when I'm feeling anxious.

You can get infusions which include chamomile, such as vanilla and chamomile, which may help get rid of the woody taste! I think Twinings do a few different infusions. Or, you could add your own infusions e.g. mint.