Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Angels & Guides

Old 31-01-2013, 04:41 PM
Experiencer
Angels dont seem to do a lot and esp. help you when most need it

I thought that angels were genuinely there to help you and assist with your life, but I don't think they do a great deal.

I go through severe depression and am a pessimist (obviously) and you would think they would help with that but I don't see a whole lot of help being done.

I heard that higher beings can help and do but if you’re so low in mood and therefore your vibration is low that we can’t connect to them as well as normal, if at all.
Contrastingly if we are positive, it is said that the path way is more clear for communications of this sort to take place, but then HELLO, by that time you wouldn't need assistance as you are positive to handle your mess yourself.
SO HONESTLY what is the POINT of this; at the time you most need connection and help with them, they can’t even HELP YOU!!!

You can see my frustration here. What’s the point in having angels if they don't even help you, they may as well be a myth.

Last edited by mysterious : 31-01-2013 at 07:03 PM.
Old 31-01-2013, 08:29 PM
Administrator
Our Angels are always around us because you are not aware of them doesnt mean they are not there.its true that when you are depressed its harder for them to get through to you. but believe me they are around. i know from two car accidents how they show they are around.my son was in a car accident that was very bad he was a back seat passenger.the driver ran away leaving my son and another friend for dead.a driver saw what happened phoned the emmergency services.when the police got there they were about to phone the coroner as it looked that my son and his friend were dead.it was only when the paramedics got there they saw a light on my sons back.ewhen they moved him he moaned and so did his friend. the police said to me later ive never seen anything like it in all the accidents ive attended.when they finally got my son out of the car they saw the seat was covered in white feathers. he didnt believe in angels until the police saw him in hospital and told him after spending three weeks in hospital they both came home.

Namaste
Old 31-01-2013, 08:40 PM
Experiencer
That doesn't really answer my question and I know they exist just saying they don't do a great lot when your not dying
Old 31-01-2013, 09:23 PM
Pennie Westbrook

I understand your position. What has helped me is this...recognizing the little things they do in your life, which builds to bigger things. Much like a new relationship. If you were dating someone and the first date they say - "Will you marry" me, chances are you would be a bit freaked out. But on the first date, they buy you a meal as a first step building up to greater gifts (tangible and intangible). Angels are much the same.

First, let them know you are listening. Then, listen. They will not heal in one sitting, create what you want out of nothing. But they will be that voice inside of you, often referred to as intuition. It may even be on something that isn't directly related to the problem. Maybe your gut telling you, get up and go to the grocery store now. You get up, you go and you run into an old friend and that makes you feel better. That evening stop and thank the angels for what they have done, recognize their work in your life. Not huge no. But if the angels see that they are being heard, being appreciated they will do more in your life. Small things building up to bigger things. Or the small things may lead up to big change. The big thing is to listen, recognize and thank them for their work.

I have been depressed, struggled with suicide. I started listening, recognizing and thanking them. I started seeing them making their presence known in my dreams, in my meditations, intuition and just general signs in my daily life. The more I recognized the little presence they made, the stronger the signs I received. But you have to hear their whispers first before you can have full out conversations with them.
Old 31-01-2013, 09:45 PM
Experiencer
I agree, they are annoying
Old 31-01-2013, 11:11 PM
mark payne

@Mysterious.
Sorry to sound rude, it sounds like your expecting too much, they are there, when you need them, a guiding hand, they're not there to do everything for you, they're not your servants!
Having servived 5 major incidents, I do believe in them.
Old 31-01-2013, 11:23 PM
Knower

Been in your shoes about 3 months ago. I had depressive moods my whole life but last year was the worst. I was suddenly alone, I stopped going to school because I had to drop out of my course, my friends were never available for me, I spent most of my days sitting at home because I couldn't go out, had no money. I was going crazy sitting in the dark, crying my eyes out waiting for someone or something to save me. On top of that, that was the first time in my life where I contemplated suicide. I was bitter, negative & mad that my angels would never help me. But then I realized...You can't expect them to appear one night in front of you, make everything better & solve all your problems. It's not like that. The truth is, they probably will never appear in front of you, never talk to you, never make their presence known. How I view things, you can only help yourself in life, no one else will help you. You have the choice to either stay stuck in a rut or make an effort to choose to be happy, no matter what is going on in life. I believe that angels will sometimes step back to see if you can handle a situation on your own, and you CAN, it takes a LOT of effort.

Me, I believe that spirit guides & angels exist but they stay in the background in my life. I would love to have more contact with them but I don't really have the patience to meditate. However, during a very bad time in my life, I was involved in a very unhealthy obsessive relationship with a guy, I would receive information in my dreams that turned out to be very accurate & that helped me stop the fatal attraction. I also heard a voice one night that made me jump out of my bed but I ignored it because back then I had no knowledge of angels & guides. I think angels will only intervene if you are in a life & death situation or when you are heading towards a VERY wrong path in life.
Old 01-02-2013, 12:41 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark payne
@Mysterious.
Sorry to sound rude, it sounds like your expecting too much, they are there, when you need them, a guiding hand, they're not there to do everything for you, they're not your servants!
Having servived 5 major incidents, I do believe in them.

I didnt say they were servants.

Last edited by Neville : 01-02-2013 at 11:58 AM.
Old 01-02-2013, 12:47 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emvee
Been in your shoes about 3 months ago. I had depressive moods my whole life but last year was the worst. I was suddenly alone, I stopped going to school because I had to drop out of my course, my friends were never available for me, I spent most of my days sitting at home because I couldn't go out, had no money. I was going crazy sitting in the dark, crying my eyes out waiting for someone or something to save me. On top of that, that was the first time in my life where I contemplated suicide. I was bitter, negative & mad that my angels would never help me. But then I realized...You can't expect them to appear one night in front of you, make everything better & solve all your problems. It's not like that. The truth is, they probably will never appear in front of you, never talk to you, never make their presence known. How I view things, you can only help yourself in life, no one else will help you. You have the choice to either stay stuck in a rut or make an effort to choose to be happy, no matter what is going on in life. I believe that angels will sometimes step back to see if you can handle a situation on your own, and you CAN, it takes a LOT of effort.

Me, I believe that spirit guides & angels exist but they stay in the background in my life. I would love to have more contact with them but I don't really have the patience to meditate. However, during a very bad time in my life, I was involved in a very unhealthy obsessive relationship with a guy, I would receive information in my dreams that turned out to be very accurate & that helped me stop the fatal attraction. I also heard a voice one night that made me jump out of my bed but I ignored it because back then I had no knowledge of angels & guides. I think angels will only intervene if you are in a life & death situation or when you are heading towards a VERY wrong path in life.

Ya its like they only show up for the entertainment, which is bad on our part. So all in all I think we don't really need them much - they take all the credit of when we actually do the work. No point in having them around I think - don't do a whole lot. What good is the background, its not.
Old 01-02-2013, 12:52 AM
Experiencer
I've spent so much of my life waiting for someone to save me like angels and now i find out i was waiting for nothing...wow. Thanks alot.
I dont like my life and I want them to intervene.