Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 09-10-2010, 08:32 AM
abikisses

Post You're Not Mad, It's God Talking

You are questioning something in your mind and you receive an answer back.

OK. So we have all been there, mulling over a problem, questioning whether we did the right thing, will the outcome be in your favour, and then you find yourself answering yourself back. You dismiss it as "there I go again, talking to myself" STOP! LISTEN! It's God talking. Really.

Talking back to yourself, the comments sound like "that's just stupid", "you don't know what you're doing" and "are you mad?". The self saboteur you might say but come now, you recognise it, don't you? One could even begin to recognise the classical signs of the good old Ego rearing its head, with the self talk back.

Then there is another voice, a caring one, one that replied to me on my level. It offered suggestions like a teacher would, the voice would ask "what do you think is the bigger picture?", "could you learn from this?" or "there's another way".

When I began to take notice of the replies, I first questioned was I actually mad? I noticed that the tone was different to mine, the words used were not always ones that are in my vocabulary and the reply was always in my best interest.

It is well documented that God talks to us. Any Holy book will tell you. I wont bore you with some scripture verse, that's not my thing. What is my thing is listening to the voice that is within.

"Your vision will become clear, only when you look into your heart. Who looks outside, dreams. Who looks inside, awakens" Carl Jung.

One day, I tried a different approach. "Pardon, who goes there?" "There you are" the voice answered, "Hello, glad we can talk! OK, I think that I'm still talking to myself here obviously. "Who are you?" I ask, thinking I'd reply to myself along the lines of silly girl. Instead I got a reply asking "Who do you think?". Whoa. "God" I half joked and then reply came, it was serious " Yes, I'm here. I'm always here. I am you and you are me. When you look into your heart, you look into mine." I tell you now, I was sightly alarmed, I mean I'm having a chat with God but... am I? I doubted myself and the voice came back "What does your body tell you?", I was confused. My body it turned out felt quite fine and normal like this was a daily occurrence. Turned out, it was a daily occurrence, I just didn't heed it any attention before that day.

You've probably talked to God already. Consciously, you may have held your hands together in prayer or bowed your head and started off with "Dear God" or "Our Father" or unconsciously your soul has spoken with God, perhaps when your heart broke and screamed out "Why, oh why is this happening to me?" or "I'm scared...". Did you however, wait for a reply? Perhaps you thought God would arrive on a chariot or in a blaze of smoke, wave a magic wand and make it all better. Is it possible? Sure. Is it likely? Nope.

Sorry to ruffle your feathers if that was what you were waiting for. I'm all for magical thinking, keeping the faith and plain old belief. Only in my experience, God speaks to the heart. God is full of love and compassion but God wont lie nor will God let you hear what you want to hear, just to be nice...

In fact a prayer I mostly sent up went a little like this; Hi God, Hi Abi, Oh that was quick, I was waiting, Yeah? Figures, Indeed I'm always here, Hmmm. God? Yes? I'm a bit low. Don't why so thought I'd come by for a chat. You know why really. I do..? When was the last time you got some fresh air? It's not so good being on the computer all day, you need to brush the cobwebs away, refresh your spirit. OK... You knew that already though didn't you? Oh God... Yes I know! I feel that God is laughing with me here. So what do you think you should do? OK, I'm going... speak later, Amen!

And that was it. God is always there. Sometimes not so vocal, other times God speaks to me through my body, and my body tells me ughr that doesn't feel right. God gives my symbols that only I can interpret, not some Psychiatrist. I learnt through my chats with God about trust. I learnt to trust in my instincts too.

So the next time you find yourself talking back, why don't you just stop and listen?

Blessings
Abikisses
Old 09-10-2010, 10:37 AM
Songbirds

This is lovely Abi,

We all do it, well most of us anyway. We scream and cry and question ourselves, but we never wait for an answer?! Thank you for reminding me that God is listening to us 24/7 :)

x
Old 10-10-2010, 02:08 AM
Moon Willow

What a great thread Abikisses - thanks for sharing your wise words :)

I'm in complete agreement with you!
One thing I find is that GOD and his messengers have quite a wonderful sense of humour and I often have to get the dictionary out to see what the words mean that are being sent through!!! Once I've figured it out it makes complete sense and I can feel the love and laughing - well it is my own fault - I asked for them to help me know when it's not just my own thoughts LOL!
Old 10-10-2010, 02:12 AM
kaze

the messengers were of dark and of the light, even suicide, everything with morals.

the messengers make being enlightened great because, everything you view you incorporate as a message. endless LOVE, its great, really, really, thank you source
Old 10-10-2010, 02:22 AM
kaze

Chemistry with Charisma

you go in as one and come out as the calculator blinded by light, divine intervention

you can only exist within the triangle for a period, after you die your the rainbow

black space is nothingness

Last edited by kaze : 10-10-2010 at 02:26 AM.
Old 10-10-2010, 05:21 AM
Master
Hi Abi

WOW! So well written, and my experiences are so so similiar.. YES even to the point I got a brain scan (LOL) .. then eyes checked :)
God does talk.. YES :) arent we all lucky... All of us not one being misses out!
I found over the years I did a lot of talking to God.. not just prayers to be wiser, kinder, more loving etc etc.. not just forgive me, remorse, baring my naughty thoughts ( not to a priest .. hey its personal.. and God forgives). I found that I chat about things like you would to a best friend you trusted.. Today I chatted .. briefy I said " God you know whats going on... Help me .. give me clear sign posts"
And I know I will get them. We all do :)
I really so so much enjoyed your writing..... it was a pleasure to be reading your journey. Thank you deeply for sharing!
May your path always beam with light.. I am sure it will :)
Blessings and hugs
:)