Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 03-11-2012, 04:52 PM
Administrator
Karma - View's of Carl Jung and Edgar Cayce

Hello

From the view of Carl Jung :

“I feel very strongly that I am under the influence of things or questions which were left incomplete and unanswered by my parents and grandparents and more distant ancestors. It often seems as if there were an impersonal karma within a family which is passed on from parents to children. It has always seemed to me that I had to answer questions which fate had posed to my forefathers, and which had not yet been answered, or as if I had to complete, or perhaps continue, things which previous ages had left unfinished.”

Carl Jung (1875 - 1961)

Growing up in a house where much of whom I was and whom I am today could not be openly talked about on any levels I have to wonder if maybe that we carry forwards the debts of our past. Though I do not go to call it a debt in the sense that it is something that has to be repaid, more that it is something that has to be understoood or have some light of understandings put around it. Being able to see dead people is in many circles not thought of to be normal or even mentally stable, but it is in the line of the family tree I have, though not openly talked about.

It leaves one to wonder on having a role to step into when one comes in, and while at times where one steps into with a family so does not seem to fit, we are still part of that family.

From the views of Edgar Cayce ( The Sleeping Prophet )

“Karma is neither a debt that must be paid according to some universal tally sheet, nor is it necessarily a set of specific circumstances that must be experienced because of deeds or misdeeds perpetrated in the past. Karma is simply a memory. It is a pool of information that the subconscious mind draws upon and can utilize in the present. It has elements that are positive as well as those which may seem negative.”

Is karma a debt that must be paid, or is it like Cayce feels simply a memory. Are we simply tapping into memory and in that making it seem on the negative levels.

Lynn

Old 03-11-2012, 06:07 PM
Master
Is karma a debt that must be paid, or is it like Cayce feels simply a memory.

In my view, the understanding of karma as something that must be paid includes recognizing it as memory patterns in the subconscious mind.

Jung says, and I agree, we carry some of this as legacies from generations back, as well as from early in this lifetime and previous lifetimes.

Whatever way we define karma, we can change it by methods that go into the deeper mind, find and face those memories hardwired into it in the forms they take, of fixed beliefs and emotional patterns, and release them.

Whatever is carried in the mind at any level was learned and can be unlearned.

Xan

Last edited by Xan : 03-11-2012 at 07:29 PM.
Old 03-11-2012, 06:51 PM
Guide
I have begun to think a little like this too. I have had memories come back to me in a previous life. I have had dreams which I know people, they are memories of another life time. In the dream I am helping the with certain periods of their lives. I meet them again in this life time, and tell them everything about themselves. I even know in advance what they are going to ask. I have answered them before they have asked the question.

This has happened a lot, even yesterday. I day dreamed that a person would be sitting with me and that I should talk to them, that they will be asking questions and I will have the answer to their questions. Then this person called over, and it happened.

However, another thing has been happening. Obviously I know about reincarnation. I know that reincarnation happens to people, that they may live one life time, in one culture and then be born into another entirely different culture. I also believe that low vibrational people sometimes jump at the point of death and somehow enter the body of a baby before birth.

There are a lot of unanswered questions. I believe that group souls are reborn, they meet each other and often find themselves in similar circumstances as the last time they were here.

I am beginning to believe also, that their are times that maybe people are reborn back into the original family. I have been searching my family tree, and all sorts of feelings were rushing through me. When I see first names and second names reappear after many generations. Like Mary ann. Of course these names may have been merely popular in their day it. It is an enthralling thought though.

As for edgar Cayce, wow, what a guy, what a medium. As for Jung, well he has many insights, however, sometimes he missed the point of meduimship. Very knowledgeable.

If I do a reading for you. Be aware, that all readings are for entertainment purposes only.

*I hope you got a receipt for your goldfish.

"It is worst still to be ignorant of your own ignorance"
Saint Jerome.

It is probably wise to send me a private message first (on this webiste) if you wish to contact me via skype
Old 03-11-2012, 07:13 PM
Master
what you create through your intent you receive back, like a boomerang, this is karma
Old 03-11-2012, 07:44 PM
Master
Karma is memory related otherwise all thoughts / actions would only be attributed to the present moment .

Unfortunately where one is at within themselves energetically speaking is not a direct reflection of the now moment but rather because of one's continuous moment from their outset of existence .

Karma feels debt ridden or debt related because one cannot clear karma by wishing it away . What doesn't sit well within one's self that is karmically entwined because of one's thoughts and actions will need to be transmuted at some point .

x dazzle x
Old 06-11-2012, 05:24 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn
Hello

From the view of Carl Jung :

“I feel very strongly that I am under the influence of things or questions which were left incomplete and unanswered by my parents and grandparents and more distant ancestors. It often seems as if there were an impersonal karma within a family which is passed on from parents to children. It has always seemed to me that I had to answer questions which fate had posed to my forefathers, and which had not yet been answered, or as if I had to complete, or perhaps continue, things which previous ages had left unfinished.”

Carl Jung (1875 - 1961)

Growing up in a house where much of whom I was and whom I am today could not be openly talked about on any levels I have to wonder if maybe that we carry forwards the debts of our past. Though I do not go to call it a debt in the sense that it is something that has to be repaid, more that it is something that has to be understoood or have some light of understandings put around it. Being able to see dead people is in many circles not thought of to be normal or even mentally stable, but it is in the line of the family tree I have, though not openly talked about.

It leaves one to wonder on having a role to step into when one comes in, and while at times where one steps into with a family so does not seem to fit, we are still part of that family.

From the views of Edgar Cayce ( The Sleeping Prophet )

“Karma is neither a debt that must be paid according to some universal tally sheet, nor is it necessarily a set of specific circumstances that must be experienced because of deeds or misdeeds perpetrated in the past. Karma is simply a memory. It is a pool of information that the subconscious mind draws upon and can utilize in the present. It has elements that are positive as well as those which may seem negative.”

Is karma a debt that must be paid, or is it like Cayce feels simply a memory. Are we simply tapping into memory and in that making it seem on the negative levels.

Lynn

I often reflect on (use of) historical figures, in respect to the concept before us of knowing or at least feeling. I know little of Cayce and Jung and have not studied them. They are held in some esteem for what they said and holding relevance.

Is it we think, when we use names and example they tell us things we haven't thought of. And upon hearing it is to change one's mind. By this I mean I already knew this. Others knew this and this is amazing and important. This is a double edged sword.

If you think about it people already knew. I realize there is no such thing as a original thought which merely says someone has already thought it even unbeknown to us. It is so meaningful having full realization to image a thought the greatest minds thought through were we think we are not great minds. It is a mistake to think we do not have great minds simply because we all touch upon the same ideas something common to us all. Can it be avoided?

What is carried forward in karma anyway, we are not born with a clean state.
Old 06-11-2012, 05:54 PM
amy green

I believe that karma is intrinsically linked to our inherited spirituality at birth and also with how we choose to conduct ourselves. So, although it can be seen like a sub conscious memory pool, this also exerts an influence on our behaviour. I feel that it can be viewed like an undercurrent that can affect us i.e. not passive.

An interesting question might be - how can we become aware of our inherited/past karma (if you believe in this concept)?
How can access be gained to the akashic record?

Old 06-11-2012, 06:49 PM
Master

I believe that karma is intrinsically linked to our inherited spirituality at birth and also with how we choose to conduct ourselves.

Something I believe. You nailed it for me, how you choose to conduct yourself, understanding... choice. Very insightful and you are already aware as I see it.

An interesting question might be - how can we become aware of our inherited/past karma (if you believe in this concept)?
How can access be gained to the akashic record?

What if one does not like the answer would you still look. Still what you inherit is not in stone many don't see it this way. I think choice is so important and that is less in stone. All is change, but change can be seen as chaos. Not sure why we can't see that. But if it involves Consciousness you can see it. The nature of reality itself is always available to tap into, one only need to find the key have no doubt of this. Many practitioners show us this. Not a good answer I know
Old 06-11-2012, 06:55 PM
amy green

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemex
What if one does not like the answer would you still look. Still what you inherit is not in stone many don't see it this way. I think choice is so important and that is less in stone. All is change, but change can be seen as chaos. Not sure why we can't see that. But if it involves Consciousness you can see it. The nature of reality itself is always available to tap into, one only need to find the key have no doubt of this. Many practitioners show us this.
Yes I agree that we have choice - how else could we choose how to conduct our behaviour? I am a great supporter of freewill -
it has been instrumental in transforming the quality of my life!

By 'revealing the nature of reality itself; I assume you mean our spirit? Yes I have that experience...this is not the same thing though as access to past accumulated knowledge, i.e. Akashic record. Do you know how that this can be achieved then? Yes I would look since I feel myself to be an old, good soul and have been told this by other psychics/mediums too.

Last edited by amy green : 06-11-2012 at 08:34 PM.
Old 06-11-2012, 07:15 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by amy green

By 'revealing the nature of reality itself; I assume you mean our spirit?

Yes this is correct