Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Soulmates & Twin Flames

Old 23-10-2012, 02:20 PM
Super Moderator
An example of past lives and how they affect us.

Sorry this is long, but I'm curious to see what everyone thinks about this:

Like most young girls, Linda Mills wanted to fall in love with a wonderful man, have a family and live a rich, full life. When she met her future husband, she was genuinely attracted to him, though she knew he wasn't everything she had dreamed about. She especially didn't like his tendency to make decisions for her. Nevertheless, their love for each other was strong and they felt a deep mutual attraction. An added joy was that they were quite comfortable with each other around their friends and family.
They married and had two daughters. For Linda, the first daughter was a joy. Throughout the pregnancy and after the birth she and her new baby were very comfortable and happy with each other. They spent many wonderful hours together nursing and rocking while Linda softly hummed lullabies. But life with her second daughter was quite a different story. The pregnancy was uncomfortable, filled with sickness and stress, and after the birth she and the baby just never seemed to get into sync with each other. The baby didn't seem to enjoy being held or rocked like the first child and breastfeeding was a battle. In fact, the baby developed an allergy from the breast milk, and formula had to be substituted. Only the father's touch was comforting to this little one, and as she grew up her preference for him became even more evident. She was clearly "Daddy's little girl," while the first child was certainly Mommy's.
When this family received a past-life reading from Edgar Cayce, the cause of many of their present feelings and actions quickly surfaced. Apparently, Linda and her husband had been husband and wife before, but in the incarnation just prior to this one, they had been father and daughter, respectively. His tendency to make decisions for her and control her life was a carry over from being the father. In that past life Linda had been a rather wild and rebellious child. This was due in part to her resentment that the man who had been her equal in many lifetimes was now her father. It was a difficult life for him, too. Raising her was very hard, especially after the death of his wife in that lifetime. Naturally, all of these feelings carried over into their present life and marriage.
As for the children, the first daughter had been Linda's close friend through many lifetimes, bringing this love and friendship into the present life. In their most recent past life, the first daughter had helped Linda deal with the problems Linda had had with her father (Linda's present husband), and now as their daughter she would do so again. Now the second daughter had been the father's lover in many past lives, so you can just imagine the mutual enmity this created between the mother and daughter in the present. Linda's milk wasn't all the baby was allergic to! Neither did she want Linda's love and comfort as much as she did her father's. The father and his second daughter would have to learn to love each other in a much different way or break one of the strictest taboos, incest. All of these feelings were occurring subconsciously, of course, subtly affecting the conscious life.
As we can see, the deep currents of past experiences were playing a significant role in their present relationships. According to the Cayce readings, their goal now, from their souls' point of view, was to live together again and make an effort to accentuate the love and virtues, and minimize the resentments and bad habits they carried with them as a result of their past.
Old 23-10-2012, 02:44 PM
Master
Well it is certianly hard to wrap my brain around. When I was a child I believed in reincarnation (says my mother) even though I didn't really know what it meant, or did I? As I grew older I was taught that it was wrong in my Christian religion .. so I pushed the thought about. Now that I have lived 36 years of my life and met people that I cannot explain the magnetic closeness I feel to them, there is no doubt in my mind that reincarnation exists.

Example: I have a VERY dear friend, he's younger like my tf. Him and I have this bond, neither one of us understand it really, all we know is that we are drawn to each other and enjoy just being around one another. The best word for it, is comforting. There is no sexual energy, it's mostly a brother/sister kind of feeling. I adore him. We have the best time together and we can sit in silence and be completely comforted. I miss him when we don't speak or if I don't see him. I met him just 2 years ago. People thought we were strange and talked behind our backs, especially about me because of our age difference. I feel like sometimes I was born at the wrong time. I forget that I am 36, I don't feel 36. AT ALL.
They don't feel what I feel.. so they assume. It's all about perception. But if they only knew. If they could only understand.
This relationship is very similar but also VERY different than the one with my TF.

But this isn't the first time this has happened. Since I was a child, I have felt close to certian people and not to others before I really even know them.

SO YES, I believe there is some possible truth to something like this.
Old 23-10-2012, 03:29 PM
Knower
What an interesting post! Makes me think about my current relationships and how they could of been effected by past lives.
Old 23-10-2012, 03:38 PM
Master

This type of thing comes up often in Bryan Weiss' books and other documentation.
Old 23-10-2012, 04:43 PM
Super Moderator
I have noticed patterns in the lives of people I'm close too, especially in these sorts of relationships. I see them repeat the same behaviors and they don't seem to be able to break the cycle. It might push them along if they know they will have to repeat them in the next life if they don't take care of them here first.
Old 23-10-2012, 04:55 PM
Master

From my research on past lives via regressions and documentation, I have found that the people repeat the patterns through lifetime after lifetime. It is very difficult to change behaviors.

I am very aware of some of the things I've been repeating for lifetimes, and I still have to really concentrate to try to change behaviors in myself.
Old 23-10-2012, 05:22 PM
Ascender

The whole thing is completely normal as reported under hypnotic regressions. For anyone who has read “Only Love Is Real” you can probably recall that these two primary soul mates were often lovers in many lives and in their current lifetime together they became lovers too after the met, but there were lifetimes when they did not have these roles, like in one they were grandmother and granddaughter, and in one life that they both recalled, their roles were father and daughter. The regressions didn’t talk about who the mother role was in that particular lifetime, but you can imagine how it may have turned out to be quite a similar situation to this Edgar Cayce reported situation.
Old 23-10-2012, 06:58 PM
Super Moderator
It's odd to think this happens, if you look at it from a human perspective. I think it makes perfect sense however if the reason we are here is to grow and learn before moving on to another existence. Maybe we don't get to move on until we've conquered those things that we battle with from one life to the next.

I'm going to go see Cloud Atlas this weekend. I think it might be a good perspective of this theory. Plus, Tom Hanks is my hero. : )
Old 23-10-2012, 07:15 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jatd
Well it is certianly hard to wrap my brain around. When I was a child I believed in reincarnation (says my mother) even though I didn't really know what it meant, or did I? As I grew older I was taught that it was wrong in my Christian religion .. so I pushed the thought about. Now that I have lived 36 years of my life and met people that I cannot explain the magnetic closeness I feel to them, there is no doubt in my mind that reincarnation exists.

Example: I have a VERY dear friend, he's younger like my tf. Him and I have this bond, neither one of us understand it really, all we know is that we are drawn to each other and enjoy just being around one another. The best word for it, is comforting. There is no sexual energy, it's mostly a brother/sister kind of feeling. I adore him. We have the best time together and we can sit in silence and be completely comforted. I miss him when we don't speak or if I don't see him. I met him just 2 years ago. People thought we were strange and talked behind our backs, especially about me because of our age difference. I feel like sometimes I was born at the wrong time. I forget that I am 36, I don't feel 36. AT ALL.
They don't feel what I feel.. so they assume. It's all about perception. But if they only knew. If they could only understand.
This relationship is very similar but also VERY different than the one with my TF.

But this isn't the first time this has happened. Since I was a child, I have felt close to certian people and not to others before I really even know them.

SO YES, I believe there is some possible truth to something like this.
I'm always a little surprised by how much we have in common. :)
Old 23-10-2012, 08:52 PM
Henri77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Element 5
Sorry this is long, but I'm curious to see what everyone thinks about this:
According to the Cayce readings, their goal now, from their souls' point of view, was to live together again and make an effort to accentuate the love and virtues, and minimize the resentments and bad habits they carried with them as a result of their past.

Pretty astonishing story... but not unlike others I've heard, of complex family relationships.
I'd be very curious to understand what connections have existed within my immediate-extended family.

Extended trailer
I wasn't aware it finally arrived
http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/wb/cloudatlas/

Pretty heroic characters-situations, compared to our lives, , but a lovely idea-message I'd say.
Again a MD as primary character , as in Astral City, Whatever Dreams May Come. sigh

I love all Tykwers films, and The Wachowski's seem to have cool ideas as well.

Expect it'll have mixed reviews, as did The Fountain ,that attempted a similar general theme.
And yet another heroic MD as lead character!

Anyway the story you shared was amazing... thanx
might I ask where you found it? I'd like to read more.