Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 27-07-2012, 02:19 AM
wildflower57

No Ego

Well its most certainly a different side..after evolving from caterpillar to butterfly.
Years ago I had an intense ego trip and stripped myself clean of it.
I only have a soul controling this capsule. Its feels lovely and pure.

It also brings unwanted drama. Drama I feel I am above but still affected by.
I don't know how to deal with people who aren't as evolved as I am.
All the rudeness, selfishness, greed, money, all these things things things things!
I can't just hide my mind think happy thoughts and not see it everywhere I go. I am so sad for their souls.

Its sad to see someone who just won't ever take the chance to listen. They'll never See. They'll never Hear. Thats sad. Isn't it?
People that are close to me, people I care about, my coworkers they all bicker and they complain and they fight and they go about everything ALL WRONG.
How do I tell them? I can't. Who am I to say how it is?
I mean its not like I know what it is to say to someone so they live their life in harmony.

I'm fortunate for my suffering. I pained and it was really hard getting here today and its still hard. But being here, a part of all this is just too great to just ignore or take for granted.

After I'm okay with me...how do I be okay with everyone else?
Old 27-07-2012, 03:12 AM
Master
Well, when there is no ego you will not be overwhelmed by what everyone else does, those who are asleep and who are egocentric are not your concern, for if you knew, you would realize that the ego is only an illusion, its not who these people believe themselves to be, you would also realize that everyone else is all ready there, they are all ONE in Consciousness, just as you are.

You and I have nothing more than what everyone else has, and this is why you drop worrying about everyone else, but if the ego is still there and believing that it is Awake, then it will want all else to be just like him, which is not awake.
Old 27-07-2012, 05:05 AM
Administrator
Hello

I have to feel that shedding the EGO is like having an awakening or more for me a wake up call. That one lesson that says OK change the path one is on or that path is going to be stripped from ye.

Its about dropping the worry on what other's at times think if ye and moving into whom one is....and embracing that one is different and that one is ok to be that way. It too is letting go of that at times feelings of being better than another. We are all the same all with good and bad in us, all with that place of compassions or lack of understandings.

It is when we can look at ourself in the mirrior and really and truly like whom is looking back without judgements that the EGO I feel is truly in check, but we do need some of it with us to survive the ride of life.

Lynn
Old 27-07-2012, 06:23 AM
Master
I think it's like the thought about 'I'.
Old 27-07-2012, 07:01 AM
Master
In Buddhism of my current understanding , nothing nor action or re-action that is "wrong" or "bad" as all being is in own learning process .
A killer even when the time of his action "aware" of his action caused suffering to the victim will one day learned when he moved into greater realization . He will regrets of his action and suffer of it .His suffering will "teach" him perhaps will be a factor that changed him .
This is part of his learning lesson to experience his own "self" and to accept " his own self" .
So in my understanding of Buddhism his action is never "right or wrong" , just his learning lesson .
As for the victim , the victim or the victim family will learn their emotions , their ego , their pride or their compassion . The killer indeed had provide them " a great lesson " for them to understand themself .
Thats my current understanding of buddhism but in reality I am still cant accept this and certainly will defend my self or my family .
Buddhism is easy to understand by seems impossible to accept .
Thks
CSEe
Old 27-07-2012, 08:23 PM
Guide
Quote:
How do I tell them? I can't. Who am I to say how it is?
Sometimes the best way to show, is by loving them for what they are capable of, acceptance, and leading by example.

I see you shed your ego, which is incredibly hard. Now what would happen if you put on the other's ego for a try? What is their perspective? Is there any true right or wrong, or is it a matter of perspectives? In the end, all are entitled to their beliefs and opinions, it's part of the beauty in life. Yes greed, beautiful, for without it we could not see generosity. And when a child says, all mine, is the child greedy or just in need of more emotional growth?

Did you know that emotional growth can be stunted? Say for example, by child abuse, but with compassion from an enlightened witness can provide the person with a safe harbor to focus on personal growth. This is not to say for the person to abuse you or harm you, but more provide the right nutrients for those ready to drink up and grow.

So just seeing them with your compassionate, enlightened eyes, and see, how we were there once, and just like you, they will grow in their own time.
Old 27-07-2012, 10:32 PM
wildflower57

I don't consider my emotions part of my ego.
There is yin and there is yang. There is good and there is evil.
I know what it looks like when someone is filled with evil. Compassion towards evil? Isn't there some other alternative other than ignoring it?
Lead by example. No one notices. No one learns. People mistake the natural good qualities of being human as being weak.

I understand what needs to be done deep down. But theres a fight in me saying "You can change this! Look at who you are and who you've become! You are here to put stop to hatered"
What needs to be done is to continue what I have been doing which is to smile because I know what I know.

I just know in my heart cave theres something I can do. I haven't gotten that far. I just want to help and bring love, peace and understanding to things that need it.
Old 27-07-2012, 10:50 PM
Mayflow

I think if you just dance your own dance and enjoy your own dance, then some will learn and take heart from it and some will not, but they may learn from others dancing their own dances as well.
Old 27-07-2012, 11:02 PM
Buzz

My own thought is that once you have truly made your peace with self then you will also have made your peace with others. As your own resistance lowers it translates across the boards.
That doesn't mean that you will agree with what you see, simply abide with it.
Old 28-07-2012, 12:16 AM
wildflower57

I don't feel okay about that, abiding I mean. I understand it completely but I'm usually right about these kind of feelings.
I didn't abide the devilish acts of my family members and I broke free of the cycle. There are too many different situations to convey. Too many grey areas.
Thats whats so fasinating and releaving about Buddhism to someone like me.
Here we can all meet. Here we find love and pure souls.
It can be more damaging to abide. Concepts and situations are endless. There's no right or wrong way to this spacific thing, its to deep. Its like grabbing onto air.

I have a pure heart but its hard to keep your purity when your whole universe is questions or doubted. It fills a heart with sorrow, it pains it and damages it.

When others walk around and don't realize how deeply intertwined we are, I just want to scream, "I feel your energy! I know your ways! I can feel you!"

Its like theres a brick wall deviding us. For if we connected out of our comfort zones we are proned to feel out of place or "lame"