Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 09-06-2012, 02:48 PM
Master
Mirror Time

Who is the Devil?

Jesus equated, "The World, the Flesh, and the Devil" together.
Now what?

Science has labeled the various portions of the brain and the physiology of the human body, they have recognized that in the construct of space/time, there are earlier developed anatomy, and later.
(After the "Fall", and, the timeless state in, "the Garden".)

The Pineal gland, as example, has been recognized to be an early form of the eye, in the evolutionionary process.
Likewise, also in the brain, the limbic system is identified as ,"Reptilian Brain".

One might see that all references in scripture referring to the, "serpent", or, "Dragon" may pertain to this primal and early developed portion of the human brain. Th primal, the animal...and involving predator/prey instincts.

Concerning all of this also, we are to understand both from early spiritual writings, the Eastern, and from modern science... what the nature of the material world is... the physical and sensual.
That, as is well recognized by many, it is illusory.
Did Jesus confirm this? Apparently so, in His teachings on the effectiveness of Faith and prayer, and by His miracles performed.

So then...who is the, "devil", in the, "world"?

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 09-06-2012, 10:45 PM
Master
The True Self

"Soul:
Buddhists believe that they are temporary vessels in this world and that until they attain enlightenment or Buddhahood, they do not know their own self or soul. They believe that this world is an illusion and that as a result, one can not know one’s true nature."

http://library.thinkquest.org/28505/buddhism/print.

"34 And Jesus answering said unto them,
'The children of this world marry, and are given in marriage:

35 But they which shall be accounted worthy to obtain that world, and the resurrection from the dead, neither marry, nor are given in marriage:

36 Neither can they die any more: for they are equal unto the angels; and are the children of God, being the children of the resurrection.' "
Luke 20

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 09-06-2012, 11:14 PM
Master
http://hiddenlighthouse.wordpress.com/category/descension/

Dialogue on the true nature of humanity, apart from space/time, and a video presentation, from Alan Watts.

Old 10-06-2012, 12:19 AM
Mayflow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus
"Soul:
Buddhists believe that they are temporary vessels in this world and that until they attain enlightenment or Buddhahood, they do not know their own self or soul. They believe that this world is an illusion and that as a result, one can not know one’s true nature."

http://library.thinkquest.org/28505/buddhism/print.

"34 And Jesus answering said unto them,
'The children of this world marry, and are given in marriage:

35 But they which shall be accounted worthy to obtain that world, and the resurrection from the dead, neither marry, nor are given in marriage:

36 Neither can they die any more: for they are equal unto the angels; and are the children of God, being the children of the resurrection.' "

Luke 20

Hmmm, I find that quite nice.
Old 10-06-2012, 01:06 AM
Master
Not the only scripture indicating this, Mayflow.

There is the comparable scripture in Mathew, and, throughout the whole of the Bible, "Stars "represent both angels and people, alike.

Old 10-06-2012, 01:23 AM
Mayflow

Quote:
Not the only scripture indicating this, Mayflow.

There is the comparable scripture in Mathew, and, throughout the whole of the Bible, "Stars "represent both angels and people, alike.

You have suggested to me a really different paradigm than I am used to. I like it a lot.
Old 10-06-2012, 08:50 AM
Master
God Bless You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayflow
You have suggested to me a really different paradigm than I am used to. I like it a lot.

God Bless You.

Old 13-06-2012, 12:16 AM
Master
Tee, none of what I wrote denies scripture.
Remember, it was written for early man, deviod of modern day physics revelations, as well as for us.
The grearter reality and Truth we are to understand today, is about the Spirit, and the timeless. God is Truth, and He is eternal. Time also we are to understand, involves space, and gravity.
Now concerning evolution, it is all about time, in this illusory, "Construct", and "Matrix".
Which we ought to understand by now is about "the Fall", also.
After all, one might ask themselves how long Adam and Eve were in the Garden before the Fall? We know they lived for hundreds of years thereafter. So right there is an indication of paradigm change involving time and space.
Also?
Why did death and decay come into the, "World", to all of life, and not just to humanity? Since it involved Adam's sin..? Why not to just humanity? Or, just to Adam and Eve?
So the below link is very close to the true situation, if not wholly on the mark.

Regarding "Angels", Jesus equated humanity with the same, and Stars represent both angels and mankind alike, throughout the ages of the writings.

Today, we have the many NDE accounts to confirm all of this, as well as what Physics has revealed to us about the nature of the material world and this psuedo reality in which we find ourselves.

St Paul, btw, tells us of his NDE in 2 Corinthians 12, stemming from the event in Acts 14:19, regarding a premature death, and his return.
Here is the link:

So whether 6000 years, or 6 billion years, it is really a moot issue. And, once again, the devil is about the animal/mammal, and, predator/prey, and we are more and other than this limited evolved form, in the, "Matrix", of "Space/Time".

Old 13-06-2012, 12:23 AM
TeeHee

Quote:
Tee, none of what I wrote denies scripture.
Remember, it was written for early man, deviod of modern day physics revelations, as well as for us.
The grearter reality and Truth we are to understand today, is about the Spirit, and the timeless. God is Truth, and He is eternal. Time also we are to understand, involves space, and gravity.
Now concerning evolution, it is all about time, in this illusory, "Construct", and "Matrix".
Which we ought to understand by now is about "the Fall", also.
After all, one might ask themselves how long Adam and Eve were in the Garden before the Fall? We know they lived for hundreds of years thereafter. So right there is an indication of paradigm change involving time and space.
Also?
Why did death and decay come into the, "World", to all of life, and not just to humanity? Since it involved Adam's sin..? Why not to just humanity? Or, just to Adam and Eve?
So the below link is very close to the true situation, if not wholly on the mark.

Regarding "Angels", Jesus equated humanity with the same, and Stars represent both angels and mankind alike, throughout the ages of the writings.

Today, we have the many NDE accounts to confirm all of this, as well as what Physics has revealed to us about the nature of the material world and this psuedo reality in which we find ourselves.

St Paul, btw, tells us of his NDE in 2 Corinthians 12, stemming from the event in Acts 14:19, regarding a premature death, and his return.
Here is the link:

So whether 6000 years, or 6 billion years, it is really a moot issue. And, once again, the devil is about the animal/mammal, and, predator/prey, and we are more and other than this limited evolved form, in the, "Matrix", of "Space/Time".

From the article which I supplied, time was applied to microevolution. Despite the facts, and early man, whatever that might be, perhaps those who lacked the technology to broadside an angel, knew that the earth was round despite physics proving the earth was flat. After all, physics can prove how a car can turn a circle uptop a flower.

This doesn't mean that I reject science, however, I do understand each field of study. Science should not contradict nature, and neither should theology contradict nature, however, both science and theology often contradict one another in regards to interpretation so there in response to many a critic and troll, there's a metaphorical war between science and theology. The nature of the creator, imo, is out of the field of science.

Regarding the metaphorical interpretation of the stars or even to mention pastors that are likened to angels, I haven't touched upon this, neither have I discussed the incident involving Paul. Take care Morph. But in regards to what we now know, this is about absurd as waiting for an agnostic to catch up in one's study in faith. Really, who cares what some unbelieving scientists think about theology.
Old 13-06-2012, 12:48 AM
Mayflow

When the Bible says, “In the beginning God created” (Gn 1:1), it is presenting us with a fact, which we need to know to understand everything else, including what we were created for and how God wants us to live.

The Bible also says that God created men and women in His own image. That, too, is a fact. If it were not true, there would be no science, because no theory of evolution can demonstrate how intelligence came into existence, including the intelligence of misguided people who misuse science to try to explain creation without allowing any role to God.

“In the beginning was the Word.” The Bible says it and, properly understood, the evidence of science confirms it. Anyone who says otherwise is peddling fantasy, not fact.

I don't see evidence that what you say is fact here or what you say is not fact here has any proof or merit.