Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Angels & Guides

Old 24-03-2012, 01:54 PM
Toolite

I've Heard

I've have heard individuals say that they have choosen another Spirit Guide because the one before was as wise..

Does anyone understand why someone would say that?

All The Glory Belongs To God Forever!
Old 24-03-2012, 02:05 PM
Master
Nope, never heard that. Could it mean that they met another of their guides and started speaking to him instead of their birth guide? I always thought our guides choose us - come to us when we need them. Our birth guide and we choose each other before we are born. Hmmm.....
Old 24-03-2012, 02:18 PM
Toolite

Quote:
Originally Posted by onetruebeliever
Nope, never heard that. Could it mean that they met another of their guides and started speaking to him instead of their birth guide? I always thought our guides choose us - come to us when we need them. Our birth guide and we choose each other before we are born. Hmmm.....

Well lets wait and see who responds maybe someone here feels they have choosen a Spirit Guide before?

Old 24-03-2012, 02:38 PM
Deactivated Account

What I know about spirit guides is this...

Spirit Guides can be many things... Someone you know in this life time that has crossed over who chooses to stay with you to assist and work with you from the other side. A former friend, family member, lover or soul family from a past life who also wants to work with and help you. A spirit guide can also be a being or entity that has never incarnated and is not in human form. They can be a whole array of beings and not necessarily anything we would understand from a human concept.

As for people choosing a spirit guide, I know that people have several guides through their life. Some are with you from birth all the way through your life, and some guides only are with you during particular phases or parts of your life. Guides will present and make themselves available but of course you have the choice as to whether you choose to work with them.

One thing many people don't realize is that if you are say learning a new skill and you feel challenged by it, you can ask for a spirit guide that specializes in that ability to work with you during that phases. People often have very specific and specialized spirit guides that just come in to assist during limited times that they are asking those particular questions....

In a funny way it is like a forum. People that have a level of understanding and expertise will present themselves for those that have questions. There are forums on all things with people presenting themselves to offer information and guidance. In that, everyone is a guide in a way and people will choose what guidance feels right and true to them and which does not resonate with them and they will seek another.
Old 24-03-2012, 02:58 PM
Toolite

Quote:
Originally Posted by TammyDodd
What I know about spirit guides is this...

Spirit Guides can be many things... Someone you know in this life time that has crossed over who chooses to stay with you to assist and work with you from the other side. A former friend, family member, lover or soul family from a past life who also wants to work with and help you. A spirit guide can also be a being or entity that has never incarnated and is not in human form. They can be a whole array of beings and not necessarily anything we would understand from a human concept.

As for people choosing a spirit guide, I know that people have several guides through their life. Some are with you from birth all the way through your life, and some guides only are with you during particular phases or parts of your life. Guides will present and make themselves available but of course you have the choice as to whether you choose to work with them.

One thing many people don't realize is that if you are say learning a new skill and you feel challenged by it, you can ask for a spirit guide that specializes in that ability to work with you during that phases. People often have very specific and specialized spirit guides that just come in to assist during limited times that they are asking those particular questions....

In a funny way it is like a forum. People that have a level of understanding and expertise will present themselves for those that have questions. There are forums on all things with people presenting themselves to offer information and guidance. In that, everyone is a guide in a way and people will choose what guidance feels right and true to them and which does not resonate with them and they will seek another.

how do you know which guide is speaking to you? sometimes in asking questions a different guide can be answering one question and the next guide could be answering a question.. how do differentiate? tell the difference?

Old 24-03-2012, 04:12 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toolite
how do you know which guide is speaking to you? sometimes in asking questions a different guide can be answering one question and the next guide could be answering a question.. how do differentiate? tell the difference?

My guides sound different somehow - the way they phrase their answers. My birth guide is very serious, very succinct. My others are a bit more easy going. Maybe it's the way their energy feels to me. I have spoken to 4 so far. I always ask who is here with me, so I know that way, too.
Old 24-03-2012, 04:22 PM
Deactivated Account

That are very good questions Toolite and one of the biggest challenges people have.

The key is that over time when you are working with your guides, you come to recognize their personalities, verbage, humour, accent, etc. When you talk to them long enough and these differences really become apparent. Then in that, you know who is stepping forward to answer any questions you are asking.

I have found in working with clients that often a particular angel who has a particular "expertise" in the area the client is asking will be the first angel to step forward. Now depending on the session and the topic you are discussing with your client, you can get many angels clamoring and wanting to chime in with their comments. This is where you as the channel have to keep your balance and in a way ask them all to take a step back so each can have their own turn to communicate their answer to the asked question.

Again, in working with them over a long period of time, you come to know the personalities and "voices" and know who is stepping forward to speak. You also over time learn who is more specialized in which areas.

I think the thing that people need to realize and remember is that sometimes, a spirit guide or an angel isn't always some high and lofty grand ascended angel. Sometimes they are simply a person who has dropped their body, has chose to stay in the near-earth realms for many years (or hundreds if they so choose) just helping people as a guide. Now they will learn a lot and develop great wisdom from being able to travel everywhere and "eavesdrop" on people and places over many years of them being a spirit, but they are still just someone offering their guidance and awareness.

Again, it comes to the person receiving the information to use their own judgement in the channeled message and feel if it is true and right for them. People will seek out different "readers" or "channels" getting a feel for the different types of information and just have to decide what feels right and appropriate for them at that point in their life.

I hope this answers your question adequately.
Old 24-03-2012, 05:27 PM
Administrator
Hello

I have to feel that maybe on the sub conscious level we can and maybe do choose our Guides at times. Now that is not I feel the one's we come into this life with I feel those choose us. ButI look to the times of great struggles we often have in life and how we project
out "Wanting Help" to come to us. In that reaching our are we maybe not on some level choosing for someone or something to come to us in a Guide ?

Guides I feel can too be living people around us. That even thoug have or many even want NO connection to this person they do still come in and help us along our path of struggles. I had that with a teacher / couclellor at school. I had him for the first year of Hight School and I came to honestly resent him to the point of I would not even speak to him in the hall. He pushed every BUTTON in me I had, as he knew well I knew the answers but I was too shy to share them....I so loathed being put on the spot.

I had the repsect for him in class that was due and that was all.....well this same teacher was the one that I feel honestly saved me and got me on sort of the right path in life ( as the road had some different teachings ). I was calling out for help....but too I wanted out of life. He was a very gifted Empath and Medium. He say that in me....and kept me from taking me life....so I got a Guide in a person I so never would have expected to come to me.

We too I feel have temporary Guides that come in for a bit, but I often wonder if they might not belong to another and are just visiting US for a bit to look in and maybe study us. I have that from a friends Guide his ofen comes to me to visit....but I know well he is not MINE. As mine at times go to visit him. At times too for the conversation period its a NEW one....

Lynn
Old 25-03-2012, 01:54 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toolite

This is a question I would ask my guides, since they are the only ones who really know.

My guides work together as a team so it usually doesn't matter who's doing what. Sometimes, though, I feel who it is by their subtle vibe or familiar feeling.

Xan

Old 25-03-2012, 04:09 AM
Master
In an experience that happened in my family, someone else's guide came in to assist my family member, it was a wonderous thing the assistance that he gave...

There must be a mutual understanding between our own and other peoples guides when this kind of 'love' and caring can be shared for our souls.......we are after all each a part of the ONE... so in the eyes of the Divine we are all equal and all part of the love and care given...so it would seem natural that guides come and go and interact with many not just one particular soul.......I hope that makes sense.....Peace x
PS:
I didn't know that, until I just wrote it(the second paragraph).....now isn't that a wow moment for me......