Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 02-02-2012, 07:04 PM
Master

Conscious Body

We may say the body is Conscious. I was wondering if anyone has an idea of this. Do we know why we say the body is conscious, how it came about. I'd be interested to hear a few ideas. How can it be conscious?
Old 02-02-2012, 07:13 PM
Master
Well, even though we think of the brain and mind the 'center' of consciousness, it's all hooked up via the vertebrae (spinal column) and cna / the whole nervous system ~ and the whole thing operates as one unit. For example, when we 'sense' an invisible presence or a 'message' that seems to be coming to us from an unseeable force, it is our tactile sensations oftentimes that sends that message TO the brain / mind ~ goosebumps, a fleeting 'something' we see out of our peripheral vision, etc. So, I find it easy to understand the body being in on it.

Old 02-02-2012, 07:15 PM
Master
Lemex--

For me it goes back to the concept that all matter (and non-matter) has consciousness of some sort--even "inanimate" ones. A rock or tree is aware at some level, but not in the same way we are.

Therefore, if everything in us has a consciousness of some sort, so does our body.

I see where you're coming from (I think) in asking where the body consciousness starts and our spirit-based consciousness ends. That is, is the body conscious without our consciousness in it.

But I think it is as there is always some consciousness left in it--until we die.

Is this what you mean?

Lora
Old 02-02-2012, 07:53 PM
Quintessence

"Conscious" is a nebulous term. Depending on how you resolve that nebulosity, the term "conscious" applies to either an extraordinarily narrow set of things or an extraordinarily broad set of things. I just like to avoid using the term entirely, except when speaking of things like "that person is sleeping; they're unconscious."
Old 02-02-2012, 08:18 PM
Master
That's true, Quintessence...my answer sounds duh, now. Not that it wasn't before...

Old 02-02-2012, 10:05 PM
silent whisper

When we are "conscious" we become "conscious" of our body in that space...but we all have free will to ignore what we are conscious of. The mind body spirit for me is one...all connected. If all are working in the space of our conscious awarness.....we will act accordingly to find balance.
Old 03-02-2012, 08:01 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsleWalker
Lemex--

For me it goes back to the concept that all matter (and non-matter) has consciousness of some sort--even "inanimate" ones. A rock or tree is aware at some level, but not in the same way we are.

Therefore, if everything in us has a consciousness of some sort, so does our body.

I see where you're coming from (I think) in asking where the body consciousness starts and our spirit-based consciousness ends. That is, is the body conscious without our consciousness in it.

But I think it is as there is always some consciousness left in it--until we die.

Thank you for asking. I'm being selfish because this post is all about me.

Is this what you mean?

Lora

Today I want to listen, something I never do.

Today I'm outside on a rolling hill out in the sun, looking up in the sky with a nice breeze... hehe...right! But I thinking more earthy just as you started though. Simply consciousness is on my mind.

I'm at peace with my own answers and maybe I shouldn't be. I so agree with your answer btw. I say physical things have and emit properties themselves and all is connected. Is this just another way of saying what you just said. I'm not asking a question, but looking at my answer. I'm trying to listen, change if needed if I don't understand what I'm suppose to.

In a way I want to see if what I'm saying is what you're saying, because so often I can't see the difference in what I see being said. So instead of pointing to others I'm the object and subject. My full attention is listening But you did present an interesting thought, I wasn't expecting that.

I hope I'm not being too selfish. I merely want to say I'm not ignoring anyone and so will not make any other replies or responses. I appreciated the time people take to provide their insight. I'm sure there will be one or two more things to write down....
Old 03-02-2012, 11:20 PM
Mountain-Goat

Somewheres in these vids he defines consciousness\awareness in relation to the body's cells.
One of my all time fav docos regarding aspects of human existence.

Bruce Lipton - Biology of belief part 1

Bruce Lipton - Biology of belief part 2
Old 07-02-2012, 03:41 PM
n2mec

For me, there are parts of the body that act or function independently from the whole. however, the level of those parts consciousness for awarness do not seem to arise until they are in need of help. Any thing else is just to scientific and is still understudy.
Old 28-02-2012, 12:19 PM
SpiritualGuidance

"Bodies are devised to guide us in consciousness. Follow the energy of pain or illness and you will find characters inside bursting to express — emotions held back for decades, a little child sweetly playing, Aphrodite's sexy hips swaying. All these, and many more, are medicine".