Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 27-11-2011, 11:44 PM
Master
Praying, but not belonging to any religion

....for lack of a better title... I like to talk to God...always have, but this may sound stupid, how to you address God when you talk or pray, especially if you do not believe in religions...and you don't really know if God is this grand know all being or the universe or what? How do you address God or whoever/whatever when you pray?
Old 27-11-2011, 11:56 PM
nightowl

Whatever way feels comfortable to you...God, Great Spirit, Awen, Lord of the Universes, The Powers that be, the Source that is and many many more...
Old 28-11-2011, 03:13 AM
Master
Hi nightowl and thank you. I often wonder if I should add spirit guides or angels around lol... I don't know why it's been bugging me lately...I would address God as Father sometimes I guess because some religions call god that and sometimes it just seemed right because I felt like I was in God's loving hands like a father who loved his daughter so. Strong and protective...but then sometimes thinking of god as a mother...nurturing and so forth, yet strong too, protective... maybe since reading here I didn't know if god was so much more or covered so much more... and reading the Tao, which is as close to any religion I can wrap my mind around and feel good about...doesn't address God as an entity of sorts, but The Way... I never quite got a grasp on that, or if I did once, I don't at this moment... sigh
Old 28-11-2011, 03:34 AM
nightowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarian
Hi nightowl and thank you. I often wonder if I should add spirit guides or angels around lol... I don't know why it's been bugging me lately...I would address God as Father sometimes I guess because some religions call god that and sometimes it just seemed right because I felt like I was in God's loving hands like a father who loved his daughter so. Strong and protective...but then sometimes thinking of god as a mother...nurturing and so forth, yet strong too, protective... maybe since reading here I didn't know if god was so much more or covered so much more... and reading the Tao, which is as close to any religion I can wrap my mind around and feel good about...doesn't address God as an entity of sorts, but The Way... I never quite got a grasp on that, or if I did once, I don't at this moment... sigh

It does help sometimes to think of it this way, God the Spirit existed before any religion When I pray and meditate I always address God in one of the ways I had shared and I do also thank my spirit guides, animal guides and angels for there part in my life.

There does seem to be an aversion to the word/term/title God, and it is a shame, it is because of the aversion many have to Christianity or any monotheistic religious belief. Those who have this aversion call God the Universe, I call the Universe God, it really is one and the same they each have their on beliefs and theologies tied to them. Go with what works for your spirit...
Old 28-11-2011, 03:56 AM
Master
I don't pray myself, I just leave everything up to the universe, so many pray like beggars, they even pray that it wont rain on a day that is special to them, while someone else is praying at the same time for rain, because they just built a garden. There is no god in the sky who makes our wishes come true like a Santa clause, don't believe but trust in the universe, don't believe in good and bad, and you will never be let down.
Old 28-11-2011, 04:33 AM
Ha, no religion?
You should be able to get even closer - why do I say that ?
You may not have guilt or shame or fear as some have been ingrained with.
Good for you.

I pray/ talk to God constantly - mainly being happy and saying thank you.
When I need something I ask. And say thank you, knowing it has already been done - in other words - it's in the works the moment I asked.
(Even tho I know He and I are one, go figure.)

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 28-11-2011, 06:35 AM
mattie

Use What Works For You

Use whatever works for you from any belief system. Spirituality extends far beyond any particular religious beliefs.
Old 28-11-2011, 10:06 AM
mac

This forum is that of 'Spiritualism' and specific to that religion. It is not about spirituality etc.

The following forum http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/fo...play.php?f=149 addresses issues of spirituality and hence is a suitable forum for the general subject of this topic thread.
Old 28-11-2011, 10:09 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac
This forum is that of 'Spiritualism' and specific to that religion. It is not about spirituality etc.

The following forum http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/fo...play.php?f=149 addresses issues of spirituality and hence is a suitable forum for the general subject of this topic thread.
I didn't realize that there was fundamentalism in Spiritualism.
Old 28-11-2011, 10:56 AM
Guide
God-The Divine -whatever you wish to call hears all prayers from all all people.
In pure light and truth.
Krishna.