Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations > Manifesting, Creating, & The Law of Attraction

Old 14-11-2011, 03:09 AM
jamelus777

is it selfish to manifest?

I was told by a 'guru' that my guides gave me a gift to make manifesting natrual, easy, and effective for me. I've seen the evidence myself through doing it, but sometimes i feel a little selfish or blasphemous doing it. even though I never do it only for myself and I always thank God when I get the results. has anyone ever felt like this? I'd love to hear your thoughts.
Old 14-11-2011, 05:57 AM
Master
I wouldn't think it'd be wrong no matter what you manifested because no matter what you bring into being it's you who gets the consequences of that so maybe thats of more import.

I also find it pretty straight forward to get what I want and it's been a pretty rough road at times realising I didn't really need much of it at all or when I get it it's not really what I wanted in the first place.

So no it's not right or wrong or selfish or any of those things, it can't be because it's only stuff, but learning from it and realising the results of actions and how widespread they can be... maybe that bears consideration before bringing stuff through or switching it around as the case may be.
Old 16-11-2011, 02:53 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamelus777
I was told by a 'guru' that my guides gave me a gift to make manifesting natrual, easy, and effective for me. I've seen the evidence myself through doing it, but sometimes i feel a little selfish or blasphemous doing it. even though I never do it only for myself and I always thank God when I get the results. has anyone ever felt like this? I'd love to hear your thoughts.

As I see it, you won't be able to talk yourself out of your beliefs that doing this for yourself is selfish, there are ways to get free.

If it were me, I would ask my guides, or God, or the universe to show me how to understand this better, because you don't want to get caught in guilt and conflict. Those negative beliefs and feelings are much more harmful to your progress than a little manifestation, eh?

Xan

Old 16-11-2011, 04:11 AM
Is it selfish to manifest?
No.
Would it be wrong to be selfish?
No.
Understanding what is the true self would be in order, imo.

Desire, fulfillment seems to be the order of the entire Universe....

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 16-11-2011, 05:28 AM
Aquarian

Quote:
I was told by a 'guru' that my guides gave me a gift to make manifesting natrual, easy, and effective for me. I've seen the evidence myself through doing it, but sometimes i feel a little selfish or blasphemous doing it.
When you feel like this, what are you manifesting?
Old 16-11-2011, 05:55 PM
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarian
When you feel like this, what are you manifesting?
Haha! Great question!!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 17-11-2011, 12:05 AM
mattie

It's OK To Manifest For One's Self

Feeling selfish about manifesting for self may be rooted in the rhetoric that only service to others is appropriate. Organized religion used this & the notion that asceticism was necessary for one’s spiritual journey to get many 1000s of virtually unpaid workers for millennia who expected low wages & crummy conditions.

While service to others is admirable, we can’t be of much use to others until we deal w/ our own issues & needs ❈❈❈ FIRST ❈❈❈.

It’s OK to manifest for one’s self. This is part of our stepping into being creator energies.

BTW, those who self identify as a guru these days are hanging on to some really old Piscean energy.
Old 23-11-2011, 05:03 AM
Knower

Quote:

We all have the gift and are entitled to use it, in fact we all use it without being aware of it, our thoughts make our reality every single day.
Old 30-11-2011, 05:35 PM
Master
My only problem with it is feeling foolish saying I have something now, when I actually don't.

So is it something you are asking for that makes you feel guilty in a sense?
Old 04-12-2011, 01:40 PM
Distortedsoundz

Well, consider manifesting to help others as well, that way you're giving back as the universe is helping you!