Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Closed Thread

Old 20-10-2011, 06:36 PM
Experiencer
why are my prayers never answered?

I keep getting broken hearted. I admit I have made some bad choices with boyfriends cause I'm sometimes naive. And I keep praying to god and the angels to help me find my husband to be, and to help me recognize him. But I kept finding bad guys who didn't treat me right. Then at the least expected time, when I didn't want nothing to do with guys, I met the most wonderful guy. The more we got to know each other, the more we liked each other. It was so nice, he was so kind, sweet, caring, loving, respectful... We had fun, and I was so happy with a boyfriend, for the first time. I'm 28. He was 29. For the first time, I knew what it felt like to have found true love, "the One", that I could see myself marrying. But he started to realize he was unhappy with his life. Since we had such a good relationship he didn't wanna leave me, he tried and tried to fall in love with me, but he realized he couldn't love anyone anymore, since he got to hurt a year ago. He wanted me to help him, so he could love me. We prayed to the angels, and God, to fill his heart with love for himself and the world, to help him find happiness. But they didn't answer our prayers. After 7 months of being together, he left me 2 days ago, because I deserved someone who could love me. We're both hurting badly. I don't understand. We deserved each other. We both have gone through a lot in the past, and had a very lovely relationship, a very caring one. Why???? I'm not angry with him. He's hurting too. I'm angry with God, and the Angels. For not answering my prayers. I don't want any more life lessons. I don't get this one anyway, and trying to figure it out hurts. Why did they have to let such a great relationship fall apart?? When we both asked for help?? And cared for each other so much??
Old 20-10-2011, 06:46 PM
Master
Sometimes people don't structure their lives and have little if any goals, outside of 'finding love' and it's just not enough, much of the time. Sorta sounds like you're both that way, but Idk...sorry you lost him. I think the 'prayers' should be about you, and building up your own life or at least knowing who you are and where you stand. It's not easy to explain this, but maybe you know what I mean. Both of you may realize life isn't about just gazing into each other's eyes and sense without it being conscious yet or maybe now ~ some couples can live off of this, I'd guess that most really can't. I hope this made some sense.

Old 20-10-2011, 06:51 PM
Experiencer
I don't know... I have goals in life, close to having a great carreer, studied hard for it, have great friends and family... but finding a husband and building a family of my own is another goal I have been seeking, and after all this trouble and pain, I had finally found exactly what I was looking for. And he always said, and still says I was exactly the kind of girl he also wanted. So why were we brought together, and why did we fall for each other (not love at first sight, it was good, healthy dating) and get attached to each other if God knew we'd both get hurt over it in the end? I really don't get it.
Old 20-10-2011, 07:31 PM
Greybeard

In Matthew 26:39 it says "And he [Jesus] went a little farther, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying, "O, my Father, if it be possible let this cup [his imminent death] pass from me; nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt." Jesus was crucified the following day.

For many years, every time I would see a church, I would go in and pray with all my heart that I would stop drinking. And then I would go get drunk and mess up the lives of everyone around me. God just ignored my prayers.

Now an old man, I have learned that what seems (and is) bad and painful in our lives today will tomorrow be the source of good and joy. Patience and faith, young lady, will have their reward.

Perhaps your ideas of what God is and what God is supposed to do are unrealistic. Perhaps your goals and expectations are unrealistic. One of the most powerful and important lessons of my entire life came the day I realized I was living my life based on unrealistic expectations.

Live today and enjoy the sunshine. Let things come to you in their due time.
Old 21-10-2011, 12:27 AM
Better known as Jo

Maybe it's not the right time for you two to be together. Sometimes people have to learn more about themselves before they are ready to be one.
Old 21-10-2011, 01:17 AM
Master
why are my prayers never answered?

kindheart... Many people view God as a benevolent being who is supposed to give us what we want... but that's really too small an idea.

When our prayers aren't answered it's probably because we're asking for the wrong thing, or in the wrong way.

My own prayers are mostly "please help" or "please show me my next step" without telling God or his messengers How that help should come... since I don't have all wisdom and love and don't really know what's best.

Xan

Old 21-10-2011, 02:05 AM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..

Gospel of James, Chapter 2, verse 17, "Faith without works is dead".. faith that 'God' answers prayers is only an empty wish if that faith is not evidenced by works/deeds that would manifest the requested result.. it is not enough to ask and wait, faith in a divine response is an cooperative effort, a co-creation.. the most certain evidence of this situation happened when i was still a young mam in my mid-twenties.. a neighbor of my parents' began building a house on their property in the country, they were very poor.. they had inherited the property from her father, but couldn't afford the taxes, and.. the church my parents attended routinely helped them with food supplies, but.. they were the nicest and most humble people, always offering to help when they could..

Mr. Smith began going out to the property and clearing the underbrush when he had the time, and.. when one of the parishioners asked why he was doing that, he replied.. i'm preparing the property for the Lord's work.. bit by bit, this went on until he and his wife had the driveway leveled, the building pad ready, the footers dug and prepared, all by hand.. and even the plumbing trenches were ready, and.. each time he was asked what or why he was doing this, he said "i preparing for the Lord's work..

Well, the church had a special fund drive to send missionaries to a Native American reservation for one month.. needless to say, when Mr. and Mrs. Smith returned from their missionary work, the "Lord's work" was done.. the whole church had worked very hard to build a very nice cottage for them.. they had proved their faith with works..

Be well..
Old 21-10-2011, 02:09 AM
Ascender

They didn't do anything. Remember, our lives aren't scrupulously guided by higher forces. It's our game, our life, what we want to experience. The reason it fell apart was, as you already said, because he lost interested in his work, etc. That's not a result of divine intervention to cause you grief and thus teach you both a lesson. You want change, you must be the one to initiate it. Pray to God, but understand that prayer comes in many forms, one's which we don't expect. It may be you are given strength or courage to endure the hard times; it may be you are given signs and symbols. Remember that it can only be done within the laws permitted of this physical reality.
Old 21-10-2011, 04:31 AM
Experiencer
Hey kind,
Sometimes we are so busy looking the expected results (the particular thing we are praying for) rather than what GOD or angles are giving us.

As Xan said.. Saying help me is enough.......

it seems he needs emotional healing or some counselling.You may need look beyond you expectation of things getting right itself.....May be a visit to a professional counsellor.
If you are praying u must be getting answers and signs.... just notice your thoughts and dreams more...this may help.
Old 21-10-2011, 06:13 AM
Deactivated Account

I read somewhere that our prayers are always answered ~ just perhaps not in the way that we expected.

Sorry to hear things didn't work out, perhaps there is a reason that is just unknown to you and him at this moment. Things always happen for a reason ~ just that we don't always know what the reason is.

ok, I know, enough of the sayings .... just some things to think about

blessings to you both,
Dream Angel xx

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Closed Thread