Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astrology

Old 19-10-2011, 10:29 AM
1being

Triangles in birth charts: 1990's

anyone notice the pattern?

i know that there are the "indigo" children and some other names given (are they called "star seed" children or something like that?) ...

i'm not very knowledgeable on the matter, so i lack the correct words - i hope someone who knows can tell me what i'm referring to.

anyway ... i'm just curious if anyone knows what the triangles mean, because they're all throughout the 1990's.
Old 19-10-2011, 03:44 PM
Greybeard

Trine aspects occur regularly in horoscopes at all times, sometimes more, sometimes fewer, but they are a normal occurrence.
Old 20-10-2011, 04:35 AM
1being

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greybeard
Trine aspects occur regularly in horoscopes at all times, sometimes more, sometimes fewer, but they are a normal occurrence.

yes, i know that... i mention because these are REMARKABLE, distinctively.

someone suggested to me, something about DIAMONDS... i suppose the generation that is heavily written with these triangles / diamonds suggests something quite precious, something distinctive... set apart.

oh well.
Old 20-10-2011, 05:18 PM
Wanderer

Triangles are indeed common with all individuals, not just indigo children. One supposedly common characteristic of indigos, however, is a large bias towards one side of the chart. I am an indigo child, as a very large number of people my age are, and my chart reflects that (I've even got a triangle in there too!):

Old 20-10-2011, 06:08 PM
1being

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer
Triangles are indeed common with all individuals, not just indigo children. One supposedly common characteristic of indigos, however, is a large bias towards one side of the chart. I am an indigo child, as a very large number of people my age are, and my chart reflects that (I've even got a triangle in there too!):

cool!

the few i'd seen were a spread across the 90's and i recognized that each one had the most remarkable triangles ... nothing like my birth chart ... and so i poked around with made up dates and looked a bit more and really was impressed. my chart is messy and what stood out to me in mine was a square. the 90's charts i've looked at have no squares but really "busy" triangles. i dunno. not my "field" but i just thought it was a distinctive pattern worth understanding.
Old 20-10-2011, 06:19 PM
Greybeard

INDIGO CHILDREN AND CELESTIAL TRIANGLES

First, what is an “Indigo Child”? To get some idea of the meaning of the term I referred to Wikipedia. There it says that the term was coined in the 1970’s by Nancy Ann Tappe, a synesthete and psychic. The basis for her new classification of people was her observation that dating from the 1960s she had begun to see more and more children with indigo auras.

The traits ascribed to these children, which differentiate them from the more common and less evolved (primitive) members of the race are higher IQ, strong intuitive ability, resistance to authority, strong will, and a lack of response to normal guilt and fear. [Please note that these same traits are prominent features of the psychopath/sociopath personality.]

Now since Brian has provided us with his personal horoscope and lays claim to being an Indigo Child, let’s examine this chart. [19 Feb 1991; 1048; Wildomar, California]. I am a competent astrologer with 40 years experience and have studied some thousands of charts, including many that are centuries old.

I see nothing unusual or distinctive about the chart. The four/six and seven/three divisions of the planets by hemispheres are perfectly common. The spread of Elements and Qualities is normal, with each of them being occupied by at least one planet. The Moon receives some emphasis in the 12th House as the planet of point-focus in a Fixed T-square. Planets occupy all four Fixed signs, and we could take this to be Grand Cross, although to accept it as effective requires us to accept a formation that is far from being within orb. The planetary pattern tends toward dispersal and lacks any clear focus. There are only two trines (triangles) in this chart, and both are of wide orb and relatively insignificant in the overall structure of the chart.

In short there is nothing whatsoever out-of-the-ordinary about this chart, and it does not show any particularly strong spiritual inclination. The close square of Pluto in the 6th House to the ruler of the horoscope, the angular Mercury, is a bit worrisome because this aspect often produces deep and difficult psychological challenges.
Old 20-10-2011, 06:28 PM
Greybeard

P.S. -- My own chart contains 7 triangles and I am not an Indigo child. In fact, my chart contains a Grand Trine, which is a formation that is a complete equilateral triangle.
Old 20-10-2011, 06:34 PM
Wanderer

Quote:
INDIGO CHILDREN AND CELESTIAL TRIANGLES

First, what is an “Indigo Child”? To get some idea of the meaning of the term I referred to Wikipedia. There it says that the term was coined in the 1970’s by Nancy Ann Tappe, a synesthete and psychic. The basis for her new classification of people was her observation that dating from the 1960s she had begun to see more and more children with indigo auras.

The traits ascribed to these children, which differentiate them from the more common and less evolved (primitive) members of the race are higher IQ, strong intuitive ability, resistance to authority, strong will, and a lack of response to normal guilt and fear. [Please note that these same traits are prominent features of the psychopath/sociopath personality.]

Now since Brian has provided us with his personal horoscope and lays claim to being an Indigo Child, let’s examine this chart. [19 Feb 1991; 1048; Wildomar, California]. I am a competent astrologer with 40 years experience and have studied some thousands of charts, including many that are centuries old.

I see nothing unusual or distinctive about the chart. The four/six and seven/three divisions of the planets by hemispheres are perfectly common. The spread of Elements and Qualities is normal, with each of them being occupied by at least one planet. The Moon receives some emphasis in the 12th House as the planet of point-focus in a Fixed T-square. Planets occupy all four Fixed signs, and we could take this to be Grand Cross, although to accept it as effective requires us to accept a formation that is far from being within orb. The planetary pattern tends toward dispersal and lacks any clear focus. There are only two trines (triangles) in this chart, and both are of wide orb and relatively insignificant in the overall structure of the chart.

In short there is nothing whatsoever out-of-the-ordinary about this chart, and it does not show any particularly strong spiritual inclination. The close square of Pluto in the 6th House to the ruler of the horoscope, the angular Mercury, is a bit worrisome because this aspect often produces deep and difficult psychological challenges.

Interesting, thank you. As an astrologer, do you believe that this whole indigo children business is just a fad and has no real basis in the astrological community? As I am fairly new to "pseudoscientifical" concepts I've been finding it quite difficult to separate the hyped-up ** to the more "real" or verifiable concepts.
Old 20-10-2011, 07:07 PM
Greybeard

I think my view of indigo children was made clear in the post, and in the assessment of your horoscope. I think you are a perfectly normal human being.

If we consider the traits that supposedly distinguish indigo from other kids, we see problems that in another time would have caused us parents to bring out the razor strop. I suspect that such behaviors are mostly a result of cultural changes. There seems to me to be a prevalent feeling of alienation and cynicism among many of our younger generation, but that is just my personal sense of things.

There is certainly nothing in your horoscope that distinguishes it from any other horoscope, contemporary or ancient.

The focus on the Moon in the 12th House along with the square of Mercury and Pluto suggests a need to deal with psychological/emotional issues that are deep and persistent. The relationship with the mother comes into focus. The overall pattern of the chart is scattered, lacks any real point of focus (the horoscope pattern portrays your own pattern of personality) and this implies difficulty in figuring out who you are and your place in the greater scheme of things. The T-square suggests difficulty in setting realistic personal goals and feelings that you don't meet standards (feelings of inadequacy). You need praise for your talents, and that has been lacking. When you don't get the needed praise you tend to alienate yourself from the people you had hoped would give it to you. And because you feel you failed (or that you are unrecognized) you then give up and become indifferent. Thus, you avoid responsibility and are unwilling to face the truth about yourself. The only way we can succeed in life and ultimately realize the beauty and joy that is life is to face ourselves and see what we really are. The responsibility for success or failure in life lies on no one's shoulders but our own.
Old 20-10-2011, 07:38 PM
Wanderer

Quote:
I think my view of indigo children was made clear in the post, and in the assessment of your horoscope. I think you are a perfectly normal human being.

If we consider the traits that supposedly distinguish indigo from other kids, we see problems that in another time would have caused us parents to bring out the razor strop. I suspect that such behaviors are mostly a result of cultural changes. There seems to me to be a prevalent feeling of alienation and cynicism among many of our younger generation, but that is just my personal sense of things.

There is certainly nothing in your horoscope that distinguishes it from any other horoscope, contemporary or ancient.

The focus on the Moon in the 12th House along with the square of Mercury and Pluto suggests a need to deal with psychological/emotional issues that are deep and persistent. The relationship with the mother comes into focus. The overall pattern of the chart is scattered, lacks any real point of focus (the horoscope pattern portrays your own pattern of personality) and this implies difficulty in figuring out who you are and your place in the greater scheme of things. The T-square suggests difficulty in setting realistic personal goals and feelings that you don't meet standards (feelings of inadequacy). You need praise for your talents, and that has been lacking. When you don't get the needed praise you tend to alienate yourself from the people you had hoped would give it to you. And because you feel you failed (or that you are unrecognized) you then give up and become indifferent. Thus, you avoid responsibility and are unwilling to face the truth about yourself. The only way we can succeed in life and ultimately realize the beauty and joy that is life is to face ourselves and see what we really are. The responsibility for success or failure in life lies on no one's shoulders but our own.

This is very helpful, thanks so much for your insight.