Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2007, 09:02 AM
Makoorakoo

Does IQ have deeper meaning?

hi all,
I wonder if the IQ has a deeper meaning to its conclusions. Perhaps there shouls be different types of IQ e.g. scientific IQ, spiritual IQ, mechanical IQ etc.

What is everyones view on this?

love and blessings to all
Old 02-02-2007, 10:25 PM
ljepotica

Hello M!

I often wonder myself at IQ...I mean what is it actually meant to signify?

IQ seems related to cold logic and you cannot judge/label a person through just only logic.

IQ is based culturally and emphasis seems to be on speed and my question is why is there such a hige obsession with speed? How does speed measure someones abilities?
Remember: QUALITY not quantitiy...and IQ quantifies and you cannot judge a person by his/her "quantity" it's ridiculous...

IMNSHO: I think IQ is waste of time and very unfair and should not be used-some cultures do not place emphasis or importance on speed-does that mean that they have a low level of intelligence?

Again I ask what is intelligence and also what is intellect?
Who quantifies the IQ levels of people?
Whose idea was it to create IQ and WHY?

Why are humans obssesed with putting themselves in "boxes" and testing themselves?

Ok not making sense here...sorry will stop and might come back to go off again!

Very interesting and good question Makoorakoo!!
Old 08-02-2007, 07:55 PM
Ascended Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljepotica
Hello M!

I often wonder myself at IQ...I mean what is it actually meant to signify?

Hi ljepotica

Perhaps IQ signifies clarity of any description?!

Interesting thread...

AM
Old 08-02-2007, 10:19 PM
VelocityKendo

IQ = Intelligence Quotient

I took an IQ test some years ago, IQ TEST WISC IV TYPE.. Gauss curve et caetera.. The different parts of the IQ test were: logic, verbal, memory, observation and finally, general knowledge. It does have a deeper meaning, actually, not only does it show the intelligence, but also the TYPE of intelligence. It shows HOW the person who takes it thinks.

Last edited by VelocityKendo : 08-02-2007 at 10:41 PM. Reason: Syntax error..
Old 08-02-2007, 10:33 PM
tiltjlp

Quote:
Originally Posted by VelocityKendo
IQ = Intelligence Quotient

I have taken an IQ test some years ago, IQ TEST WISC IV TYPE.. Gauss curve et caetera.. The different parts of the IQ test were: logic, verbal, memory, observation and finally, general knowledge. It does have a deeper meaning, actually, not only does it show the intelligence, but also the TYPE of intelligence. It shows HOW the person who takes it thinks.

VelocityKendo has nailed it, from what I remember from my friendship years ago with a social servies couscilor. Seems like IQ tests also measures how we process both knowledge and information, which supposedly aren't exactly the same thing.

John
Old 14-02-2007, 12:01 AM
Ascended Master

Sometimes I think the intelligent people are the ones who purposely remain oblivious!

AM
Old 14-02-2007, 12:38 AM
tiltjlp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascended Master
Sometimes I think the intelligent people are the ones who purposely remain oblivious!

AM

I have remained oblivious by choice, not by purpose!

John
Old 15-02-2007, 11:29 AM
Master
I have remained oblivious by necessity (quite thick really)

My take on it is this, our goal is to approach divinity in this life, to return home by conscious effort, spiritual endeavour etc., We are given certain tools, faculties, we need to make the best of them, to grow mentally and ensure our physical state is as good as can be, with these in place it is possible to focus better, to work easier and so to grow. If one has a high IQ, then this should be a positive tool to aid you through life. But thats all it is , a tool, one of many.
If the balance of your being is lost and one identifies too strongly with the IQ it can become a blockage to spiritual growth, the ego will use it to create difficulties. If however the IQ is balanced with humility and love, if the ego is controlled by meditation and spiritual practices then a very powerful spiritual warrior is created.

Good thread I like this one.
Love and light Peteyzen
Old 15-02-2007, 07:16 PM
Ascended Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiltjlp
I have remained oblivious by choice, not by purpose!

John

lol, clearly a wise man!
Old 15-02-2007, 07:18 PM
Ascended Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteyzen
I have remained oblivious by necessity (quite thick really)

My take on it is this, our goal is to approach divinity in this life, to return home by conscious effort, spiritual endeavour etc., We are given certain tools, faculties, we need to make the best of them, to grow mentally and ensure our physical state is as good as can be, with these in place it is possible to focus better, to work easier and so to grow. If one has a high IQ, then this should be a positive tool to aid you through life. But thats all it is , a tool, one of many.
If the balance of your being is lost and one identifies too strongly with the IQ it can become a blockage to spiritual growth, the ego will use it to create difficulties. If however the IQ is balanced with humility and love, if the ego is controlled by meditation and spiritual practices then a very powerful spiritual warrior is created.

Good thread I like this one.
Love and light Peteyzen

Excellent input!

Love and light

AM

PS, necessity is my excuse too! lol
Closed Thread