Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Angels & Guides

Old 24-08-2011, 03:42 AM
Master
Creative ways to communicate with your guides

So... if you're like me and have a hard time quieting your mind enough in meditation to be able to commune with your guides or angels, you probably need to find other methods of contacting your spirit companions. Through experimentation and discovery, I've come up with a few ways you can bond with these lovely entities.

1.) Dreams. This might not sound creative right off the bat, but if you have good dream recall (like I do), you can kindly request your guides to "pop in" or give you clues that may help you communicate with them. Even if you don't have good dream recall, you can work on this by keeping a dream journal. Writing down your dreams suggests to your subconscious that you want to keep remembering them. This is how I obtained a lot of information about my guides. I met my first guide, Spike, through this method, but also received confirmation. Try to keep an open mind and determine what symbols may be given to you. If you simply ask them to make themselves known, keep an eye out for people in your dreams you've never seen before. You may also wake up knowing their name or appearance.

2.) Automatic Writing. This is still something I'm working on, but if you don't want to sit down and "quiet your mind," take advantage of all the thoughts running through your head and jot them down. Make a request to your guide that you would like him/her/it to join you and blend their energies with you... then start writing. You'll probably start off with your own thoughts first, but as you keep writing, you may start to notice thoughts that "pop in" or don't sound like your own. Write down everything that comes to mind to the best of your ability. Then, when you're done, reread what you've written and highlight anything that sounds... different. These are most likely the "words" of your guide(s).

3.) Automatic Drawing. Similar to automatic writing, but with pictures! If you're an artist (like me) or just enjoy doodling, you can use this method. Ask your guide to join you and communicate with you via automatic drawing. You can ask a specific question or just ask for their thoughts. The point of this is to end up with pictures or symbols you may see in your inner eye. OR, you can simply "go with the flow" and let your pencil do the work. This is good for developing spirit art skills (something I'd like to work on... ). Flexes clairvoyant muscles, too.

4.) Clairvoyant games. Two in one! Communicate with your guide and develop clairvoyant skills in the process. Ask them to show you a picture or symbol and see if you get anything. Get out a deck of cards and ask them to show you the color of the suit. I do this with Spike (he only communicates in pictures and symbols, it seems... for good reason).

5.) Clairaudient games. Not too visual? No worries. You can do clairaudient games instead. Ask your guides to give you a word or some song lyrics and see if anything pops up.

6.) Lyric messages. These make good general readings. If you have a music playlist with lots of songs (the more, the better), ask your guide for a message using one of these songs. Or even ask for a song on the radio while you're driving. If you find you're receiving negative, angry, or depressing songs, surround yourself with love and light and ask again.

7.) Tarot/Angel/Oracle cards. I'm not familiar with these kinds of cards, but it's definitely an option. You can even make your own set of cards and use symbols that work for you that stand for certain messages or themes. This is a bit more complicated, but if you're willing to try it, it just might work.

8.) Draw your guides/angels. Who says you have to know what they look like? Draw them as blobs of light. In the end, that's what they are. Pretty blobs of light. This will reinstate your desire to connect to both yourself and them. Hang them around your room.

9.) Write letters. This, like the above activity, reinstates your intent. Let them know how much you want to communicate with them. Even focus on them while you write - see if you see or feel or hear anything. Good for developing bonds.

10.) Talk to them constantly. Tell them all about your day. They can hear you. Know that you're communicating with them. Try and keep it mental if you can. This will help you develop clairaudient/telepathic skills. Joke with them. Whatever.

11.) Meditate with them. When I say meditate, I don't mean "quiet your mind and focus on your breathing." You can meditate without doing that kind of thing. Partake in healing meditations - or even send your energy out to others (loving energy of course). Ask your guides to help you.

The possibilities are endless. There are still ways to communicate with them that don't involve breathing and silent contemplation. Be creative! Have fun.

I'll keep adding ideas when I come up with them. If you have one to share, let me know and I'll add it!

~Ev

Old 24-08-2011, 04:11 AM
Experiencer
nice post ....... Evaah(like ur name...:))
I like the Lyric messages the most ...
and i have noticed whenever i do so generally my Joy guides would show me some random song ...which will make me laugh for my answer...and then next would be the answer...:)
Old 24-08-2011, 04:49 AM
Guide
Evaah that's a very thoughtful post, thank you for sharing.
Old 24-08-2011, 04:54 AM
santacruz18

Great suggestions, it all takes practice.
Old 24-08-2011, 06:04 AM
Ascender
I did the auto drawing befor. I wanted to draw a pic of him but couldnt get it right for a while then I asked for his help and next thing you know I drew him and then only realizing it was a pic of him standing be hind me helping me draw him lol. I also do the notes. I burn some of them and as well keep a jernal of them as well kinda like in high shool you have a jernal you pass to your friends, bf/gf and at some point of the day get it back and resond And the song idea happens alot xD and at times he will send some this to my head and Ill hear a part of the song. :P Its really fun.
Old 24-08-2011, 08:21 AM
xXHauntedxLadyXx

Yeah, well, I asked my guide (I have no idea about his name or anything...) to help me remember some symbols I saw in the sky in my dream :)) and I got them all...Pure nonsense, I must say :)) A greek cross and a clover is all I can understand :))
Old 24-08-2011, 11:16 AM
justreal

Great post, and thank you. Will practice most of them
Old 24-08-2011, 11:23 AM
Pathfinder

I've received quite a few messages over the years through songs. It's beyond my playlist of favorites. Certain songs came to me, or specific lines from songs that I never really even liked or listened too.
Old 24-08-2011, 12:32 PM
Guide
Dear Evaah,

Thanks for your beautiful intention of sharing your experience!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evaah

1.) Dreams. This might not sound creative right off the bat, but if you have good dream recall (like I do), you can kindly request your guides to "pop in" or give you clues that may help you communicate with them. Even if you don't have good dream recall, you can work on this by keeping a dream journal. Writing down your dreams suggests to your subconscious that you want to keep remembering them. This is how I obtained a lot of information about my guides. I met my first guide, Spike, through this method, but also received confirmation. Try to keep an open mind and determine what symbols may be given to you. If you simply ask them to make themselves known, keep an eye out for people in your dreams you've never seen before. You may also wake up knowing their name or appearance.
It is my most common way to be in contact, it works very well in my case.
Quote:
2.) Automatic Writing. This is still something I'm working on, but if you don't want to sit down and "quiet your mind," take advantage of all the thoughts running through your head and jot them down. Make a request to your guide that you would like him/her/it to join you and blend their energies with you... then start writing. You'll probably start off with your own thoughts first, but as you keep writing, you may start to notice thoughts that "pop in" or don't sound like your own. Write down everything that comes to mind to the best of your ability. Then, when you're done, reread what you've written and highlight anything that sounds... different. These are most likely the "words" of your guide(s).
It also works excellent with me.
Quote:
8.) Draw your guides/angels. Who says you have to know what they look like? Draw them as blobs of light. In the end, that's what they are. Pretty blobs of light. This will reinstate your desire to connect to both yourself and them. Hang them around your room.
I have done this too.

Quote:
10.) Talk to them constantly. Tell them all about your day. They can hear you. Know that you're communicating with them. Try and keep it mental if you can. This will help you develop clairaudient/telepathic skills. Joke with them. Whatever.
I feel them everpresent in my heart and mind.

Love and Light,
TISS
Old 24-08-2011, 01:06 PM
Master
Thanks, guys! I'm glad you approve.

I figured there were lots of people out there who were struggling on meditating alone, so.. I don't know about you all, but I can't sit still and think about "nothing" for more than a couple of minutes. Lol. I need stimulating, creative activities to be able to work with spirit.

Tiss - yes, that's my main method of contact, too. I've found out the majority of my information regarding my guides through dreams and had dream confirmation as well as confirmation in waking life. I love it!

HauntedLady - Nothing is pure nonsense!

Zoclora - Aw, that's cute. I've yet to actually draw any of my guides but it's definitely something I intend to do. I'd love to be able to draw other people's guides, too.

Whitelotus - (Oh, thanks, haha).. yes, lyric messages are so uplifting. I've been brought almost to tears, gotten goosebumps, felt indescribable joy... very wonderful method of contact.