Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Lounge

Old 15-06-2011, 08:06 PM
Suspended
Greatness in our midst

There have been great people in the past. Is anyone great in our lifetime right now...living amongst us?

If so, who and why so?

Old 15-06-2011, 09:00 PM
Heptasteros

What if God was one of uuuus~

LOL I couldn't resist. XD Anyway I think the best people in this world are the ones in the most unlikely places, calmly chilling out among the potsmokers or saying a few wise piercing words in an unassuming living room in some corner of the ghetto, or going to their everyday normal job only to return home and make the lives of those around them better in those little ways that make all the difference. The best people I've ever met are the ones looked down on by most others for various reasons, the unexpected angels or whatever you'd like to call them. That to me is what a great person looks like. And I've met a few. But I won't mention names - they always like to just quietly go about their lives unnoticed, in their own odd brand of contentment. ;)
Old 15-06-2011, 09:07 PM
Suspended
Hiya Hep

I'm fond of potheads too. They know how to chill.

However, I'm talking about those who go *bling blang blong*

The ones who might make a difference.

Those who don't go quietly about their lives. Those who shout it from the rooftops - that's who I'm talking about.
Old 15-06-2011, 09:11 PM
surrendertotheflow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squatchit
Hiya Hep

I'm fond of potheads too. They know how to chill.

However, I'm talking about those who go *bling blang blong*

The ones who might make a difference.

Those who don't go quietly about their lives. Those who shout it from the rooftops - that's who I'm talking about.

But is it not those who go quietly about their lives that make ALL the difference??? And I agree, potheads are cool with me
Old 15-06-2011, 09:14 PM
surrendertotheflow

Okay, I did just sit here and try to think of someone that would fit your description Squat. But I guess for me, the "shout it on the rooftops" people never have that pizzaz that blows my mind. It's not always the quiet ones either, but the ones who know when to speak at the right time. They bear themselves to the world, but still spark a mystery that is intriguing.

Alanis Morissette was influential to me, though. Can she be classified as loud and out there? lol. Her poetry spoke to me with more than words. I found a lot of peace and spirit in her writing.
Old 15-06-2011, 09:16 PM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by surrendertotheflow
But is it not those who go quietly about their lives that make ALL the difference???

Maybe, but those who choose a life in the limelight can also make a HUGE difference. By reaching a wider audience.
Old 15-06-2011, 11:15 PM
SerpentQueen

All the revolutionaries across the globe this year, toppling governments right and left.

Anonymous.

The Love Police (love that guy!)

Anyone who resists TSA.

I think because of blogs, social media, youtube etc, it's no longer about one or a handful of leaders making a HUGE difference to a wide audience - it's about thousands, even millions, of leaders making a HUGE difference to smaller, niche audiences..

Just a thought.
Old 15-06-2011, 11:31 PM
Prokopton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squatchit
Is anyone great in our lifetime right now...living amongst us?

For my money... John Michael Greer fits the bill.

The evidence:

Rousing campaigner for peak oil awareness, with a real plan that could help many people survive a difficult future.

Expert swordsman, including spiritual energy in his practice, and translator of fabled Western swordsmanship manuals.

Monster Hunter

Expert on environmental economics

And on Secret Societies

Highly spiritually achieved teacher in Druid, Hermetic and other paths

Totally uncompromising in his ethic and lifestyle, operating both here and on many other planes at a consistently high intensity and quality level... to me, that's a level of real greatness and an inspiration, even though my path doesn't always have much in common with his. My old teacher Glenn Morris would have qualified, if only he were still living, as he operated on a similar multi-mandala'd level. Some people are born with a lot in the tank, and if they find the spiritual transformational skills to do something with it, yes, they can be "great".

Maybe I could think of others too -- this one happens to mean something to me.
Old 15-06-2011, 11:31 PM
Experiencer

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heptasteros
...the best people in this world are the ones in the most unlikely places, calmly chilling out...or saying a few wise piercing words in an unassuming living room in some corner of the ghetto, or going to their everyday normal job only to return home and make the lives of those around them better in those little ways that make all the difference. The best people I've ever met are the ones looked down on by most others for various reasons, the unexpected angels or whatever you'd like to call them. That to me is what a great person looks like. And I've met a few.

Heptasteros, you are absolutely right.
Old 15-06-2011, 11:49 PM
Master
President Obama.......................why...he exudes character and I admire and respect everything about him.
James