Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Divination

Old 14-06-2011, 05:52 AM
belinda2

Lightbulb Help with Tarot reading

Hi I am very new to tarot so I find it hard to pair cards up to create a fuller meaning. I am more of an oracle person, One of the questions that is always asked is what does he think of me?

So I myself was attracted by this guy that I saw so I got myself together and talked a bit with him ( nothing came of it, not interested I guess), so anyway I thought I would try to see what impression he had of me, I did not do a spread just pulled a few cards:

Page of Cups- I think this repersents the guy - A fair, pleasing, somewhat effeminate person ( he has long blond hair).
Some of the elements of this card could also have to do with me, emotion- showing your feelings, Intimate -meeting someone you are attracted to.

Wheel Of Fortune- now this one I am pretty unsure of its meaning when it is a question about someones the thoughts about oneself. I can't see any destiny in this situation? destiny if the card is in the up right position should be positive which is not the case here. you thoughts?

well since I would not make much sense with the above as far as thoughts, I when and pulled two more cards that were reversed :

Six of wands- not getting the prize ( his interest? )but this also has to do with my side of this situation- maybe this cards just shows his disinterest.

Two of cups: lack of attraction on his part.

Some of this I get, but how do you put all this information in a sentence, what would you say it is? The wheel of fortune unsure how to address this?
Thank you for your time and help.
Old 14-06-2011, 09:49 AM
Master
The Wheel is one of the most important cards in the tarot. It symbolises the passing of time and the cosmic forces of change. Sometimes called "Fortune" showing that all things change or Karma, meaning you cause you own "good" or "bad" luck by your actions. In the situation you describe, maybe you were a bit too pushy perhaps.
The Page of Cups [like all the court cards] can represent a real person in your life but it can also mean that your self-esteem and confidence has been damaged by a hurt in your past. It is up to you to rebuild this. Only by recognising your own worth will you allow others to see that worth. You should not rely others to supply what is lacking in yourself. If you can resolve this, then a new relationship could be in the making.

Hope that helps a bit. Reading for yourself is always difficult, I'm afraid
Old 14-06-2011, 02:15 PM
LightFilledHeart

Although there are many beautiful and artistic decks available for Tarot, I stick with the artchetypal symbollism of the original Ryder/Waite deck, as that works best for me. While I was told what each card meant when I took a Tarot class years and years ago, I found as I used them different meanings began to surface for me, and it was when I used THOSE meanings that my readings were most accurate and astute. I believe Tarot is like any other divination system... a leaping-off point from which you form your own conclusions, utilizing your own natural intuitive and psychic abilities. Different cards may mean something entirely different to different readers, and if they all did a reading on the same spread, their commentary would diffe as well, but I bet they's all be accurate Find out what the cards mean TO YOU, and trust that!
Old 14-06-2011, 02:16 PM
LightFilledHeart

P.S. As Norseman says, reading for one's self is more difficult than reading for others. I find what tends to happen in that case is one sees either their greatest desires or their greatest fears... neither one of which is an unbiased or accurate assessment!
Old 14-06-2011, 05:43 PM
belinda2

Quote:
Originally Posted by norseman
The Wheel is one of the most important cards in the tarot. It symbolises the passing of time and the cosmic forces of change. Sometimes called "Fortune" showing that all things change or Karma, meaning you cause you own "good" or "bad" luck by your actions. In the situation you describe, maybe you were a bit too pushy perhaps.
The Page of Cups [like all the court cards] can represent a real person in your life but it can also mean that your self-esteem and confidence has been damaged by a hurt in your past. It is up to you to rebuild this. Only by recognising your own worth will you allow others to see that worth. You should not rely others to supply what is lacking in yourself. If you can resolve this, then a new relationship could be in the making.

Hope that helps a bit. Reading for yourself is always difficult, I'm afraid
ok thank you that has add some light into the situation but it would have been clearer if the wheel of fortune card was reversed, but I can see when something turns as a wheel would by turning too hard could, symbolize a too strong action.
Old 14-06-2011, 05:52 PM
belinda2

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightFilledHeart
Although there are many beautiful and artistic decks available for Tarot, I stick with the artchetypal symbollism of the original Ryder/Waite deck, as that works best for me. While I was told what each card meant when I took a Tarot class years and years ago, I found as I used them different meanings began to surface for me, and it was when I used THOSE meanings that my readings were most accurate and astute. I believe Tarot is like any other divination system... a leaping-off point from which you form your own conclusions, utilizing your own natural intuitive and psychic abilities. Different cards may mean something entirely different to different readers, and if they all did a reading on the same spread, their commentary would diffe as well, but I bet they's all be accurate Find out what the cards mean TO YOU, and trust that!
Thank you so what books do you think would be helpful in learning tarot? I have tarot made easy by garen which I like but it is not really a learning tool she has put the cards in 32 categories so you just need to book in the right category where you asked the question.
Old 14-06-2011, 06:42 PM
Explorer

I lean towards Lightfilledheart's way of using the tarots symbolism.
Use books as guides only, and leave the ultimate interpretation of the cards to YOUR instinct. After all, it's YOU who's instincts are being used. Not some author's!
Old 14-06-2011, 07:52 PM
Master
Belinda, you might like to look in www.learntarot.com
A very useful site !
Old 20-07-2011, 08:44 PM
native wiccan

i dont have any questions yet but i would like say i read alot of the replies and found them very helpful
Old 26-07-2011, 07:27 AM
FaeNathara

Hi there! I agree with LightFilledHeart's take on this - the cards need to speak to you. What I do when I get a new deck (any - oracle or tarot) is I read the entire book cover-to-cover. Then I put it away and never take it out again (or nearly never). This gives my unconscious mind a jumping off point (no way I'll remember all that consciously in one reading!) but also allows my own intuition to interpret the cards. I may read a card one way today, and a different way tomorrow.

The same can be true of different readers - two readers can use the same deck, pull the same cards in the same positions, and they could interpret them completely differently.

The way I would interpret your reading is more like this:

How does he think about me?

Page of Cups - Pages are typically androgynous in nature and can represent males or females. Based on the question you asked, I would think this card is you, not him.

Wheel of Fortune - Depending on the way you interpret it, it could mean that things are up in the air, yet to be determined, or that your meeting was fated.

Six of Wands, Rx - Opposite of victory - he didn't get from your conversation what he wanted.

Two of Cups, Rx - The balance between the two of you seemed off and non-complimentary.

A word of caution about 'what does he think of me' as a question - I get this one ALL THE TIME. I find that readings only show what that person currently thinks - and that doesn't mean they've thought things all the way through yet or that their minds won't change later, especially as more stuff happens. People are fickle and so are their thoughts. Take with a grain of salt.