Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Angels & Guides

Old 08-07-2023, 09:32 PM
Seeker

Is it disrespectful if inappropriate thoughts pop up while praying to an angel?

Hey y'all! I've been trying to connect with a particular archangel for guidance in my life. But I'm a little afraid because while I was praying to him a few days ago, there were some unwanted thoughts that came into my head and was hard for me to get rid of. I apologized to him over and over again as it was happening.

I HATE that in moments when I try to connect with either my guides or a new entity, unwanted thoughts end up sneaking into my mind. A lot of them seem troll-esque, like thoughts that are NOT of my own (like they're sort of planted there by external entities). And some are just normal, passing thoughts that are natural to feel, like feeling hungry, tired, or even recalling a sexual attraction to someone, which is the WRONG PLACE and WRONG TIME, but nonetheless sneaks into my head anyway.

I try to make time to clear my mind, but it's just when I have such a busy schedule and I only have so much time in my life to free up to clear my mind, I don't have enough time to meditate and completely clear my head.

I'm kinda scared. I hope the archangel I'm trying to contact won't penalize me. I've heard that archangels can curse humans if they are disrespected. Will he be understanding of this? Or will he have expected me to clear my mind and not waste his time?
Old 08-07-2023, 10:01 PM
Master

Sit back for a moment and try, try for a moment to question what you think about this being. Whatever you think about it, it is what you think, that's it, thoughts, not facts, no actual first hand experience that is absolutely true, just thoughts, imagination. So you have chosen this thinking, but you can easily choose another thinking, for example, this angel is your best pall, always protecting and loving you no matter what, you see, a different way of thinking but nevertheless still thinking.... Thinking is not the ultimate truth about the nature of things but merely impressions, imagination.

So why do you take it as absolute truth and let it distress you? Can you see that it is your own thinking that is causing you distress? So if it is so, change the thinking, or better, see it as it is, see yourself as you are, see things as they are, and you would will know the true nature of things.
Old 08-07-2023, 10:52 PM
He will not penalize you, my friend.
And start practicing Thought Control....boy, does it help!!
It controls the 'Monkey Mind' referred to in Buddhism...after 2 weeks you will see a marked difference.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 09-07-2023, 06:36 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
And start practicing Thought Control....boy, does it help!!
It controls the 'Monkey Mind' referred to in Buddhism...after 2 weeks you will see a marked difference.
After a while, months, years, you will notice that you can easily "step out" from emotions/situations/experiences and just be as you are. It's something mind blowing, literally, for you can see the play of life and see it as it is, in its nakedness and then it looses its reality, its apparent concrete nature.

I know you know this @MH, just saying for the larger public.
Old 09-07-2023, 09:29 AM
Master
Angels won't ever penalise you! They are beings of Light, there to help us and serve if need be. (We do have to call on them).

Seems you allowed someone to put fear of angels into you. That means that person isn't well-informed at all.
Learn to develop your own inner guidance so you find the right people, no longer the ones that lead you astray.

Just focus when you call on an angel, ask for help with XYZ and thank him/her, and that's your lot.
You don't need to spend more time on it.
No other thoughts will come up and interfere as it's only a brief moment of intent & focus.
You can say/ask it 3 times, which is always good to do, plus it helps focus the mind.
But it still shouldn't take long.

If you're new to working with energy & Light beings then know it's quite normal for the mind to get distracted or to try and distract us. It's comes down to training the mind to focus.
Allow thoughts to drift by like clouds in the sky as the harder you try to not have them, the more they will come up. It's like "We're not talking about the elephant in the room!" then all you can think of is the elephant in the room.
So allow them to be there, but NOT as the centre of your focus, up in the sky as clouds that drift by.
Old 09-07-2023, 09:58 AM
Master
How do you know they're ''external'' and not your own? All your desires, your fantasies, your thoughts. It is a common theme in religions for instance to externalize them, put a face on them and call em names. But are they external? Could they be a part of you? This does not necessarily mean you have to act upon it. Perhaps give it a place, understand where they are coming from. We all have dark thoughts, and inappropriate thoughts. To fight them is to give them attention and power.
Old 09-07-2023, 08:46 PM
Administrator
I would agree with Fairy crystal

Namaste
Old 10-07-2023, 06:24 AM
Knower

OP, don’t worry. Angels don’t judge. They are ecstatic you want to contact them for guidance.

They too long long ago had gone through similarly what we are going through now, and so that’s why they have the deeper understanding and greater compassion to best help us.

Being high consciousness and multi-dimensional, they are energies that are all intertwined, connected, and entangled. Meaning, there is no rank or hierarchy of superiority, unlike what we have here in 3d low consciousness.

No archangels, just angels. And when we speak to one we are actually speaking to all. Our thoughts are multi-dimensional.
Old 10-07-2023, 06:48 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panorama361
I hope the archangel I'm trying to contact won't penalize me. I've heard that archangels can curse humans if they are disrespected. Will he be understanding of this? Or will he have expected me to clear my mind and not waste his time?
These fears seem to reduce archangels to the level of petty humans, wanting unconditional respect and ready to punish anyone who fails to approach them in the "correct" manner.

Surely any archangel worth contacting understands enough about human nature and has sufficient compassion to overlook the ordinary human limitations we bring with us.

I suspect that these archangels are more concerned with what is in our hearts rather than whatever random thoughts arise in the head.

Peace
Old 11-07-2023, 09:52 AM
Master

In short ....NO.