Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Philosophy & Theory

Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2006, 11:56 AM
Enlightener

Expecting the Opposite

When you expect something you push it away from you, thus:

Expect to go blind and you will truly see, expect to go deaf and you will truly listen, expect to go dumb and you will never shut up, expect to fail and you will succeed, expect to go bankrupt and you shall be rich, expect to be sad and you shall be joyful...expect to die, at any moment, and you shall truly live!

Expect all the wrong things to happen and see if your life becomes better.

Enlightener
Old 07-11-2006, 12:29 PM
dreamer

Hi Enlightener, I know what you mean but I'm not sure about it, i can see that if you expect to go blind you will start appreciating your vision more, and i can see that if you want something and don't allow it space to come to you you push it away, and i can see that if you believe that opposite will happen to what you expect then it will, but I think expecting the wrong things in your life whilst maybe being a good learning experience and providing some humourous anecdotes later might make things harder than they need to be.
Old 08-11-2006, 05:34 AM
Enlightener

Korman Bulger

Ok.

I was just kind of suggesting it, because it does make you more...perceptive (if that word fits)

If you expect to go blind you WILL value your vision more, but you don't have to do it all the time, you can do it whenever you want.

And my favourite one, expecting to die, it makes you feel so alive!

Enlightener
Old 08-11-2006, 10:15 AM
Deactivated Account
i think you have a point enlifghtener spiritually speaking that is i know exactly where you're coming fromxx
Closed Thread