Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Philosophy & Theory

Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2006, 05:24 AM
Suspended
Philosophy Of Reading

Hi,
My general view of life, is that we have to put our best foot forward and do what is right.

It saddens me that there is so much hatred in the name of love. We talk about love in falseness and depravity.

Often it is said that:- "God made me this way, so I must be good" May I say that he also made murderers, rapists and fornicators. Or that love is the law of the kingdom of God. This does not give us the excuse to disengage ourselves from the reality of God's purpose.

The point that I am making, is that we cannot voice an opinion without causing some form of distress to those content of using political correctness on everything we say or do. Even this post may be considered as preaching.
Yet, how else can people substantiate their views without either being considered as 'flaming' , prejudice or discriminating because they happen to disagree ?

If we try and substantiate a point it is then considered as forcing an opinion, which I find degenerative in deflating a discussion.
After all, if people do not wish to participate, the easiest option is to walk away, instead of crying malice because they feel infatuated or intimidated by a person's subversive point of view.

We have themes of discussion, that I feel are inviting contrasts of opinion by virtue of their subject matter, like Sexuality and Religion, which is very much like talking about chalk and cheese. Sex has always been an adversity to religion, which in my opinion is no different to using sub titles like Demonology and Spiritualism. I think a lot of people don't know the difference between love and sex, and alternate depending on which word suits their cause.

Again we even have rules about strength. That a post can be deemed as negative if it focuses on a concealed, demurred or frowning aspect of conversation.

Whatever happened to free speech where people were allowed to talk and discuss things ? Have we got to George Orwell's 1984 approach in having to watch every word we say ? If a person speaks confidently, why should he be denounced as preaching because he solemnly believes what he feels ?

Regards George
Old 07-11-2006, 09:03 AM
tiltjlp

George, let me respond to this as the SF Staff Spokesperson. These forums, while open to the public, are private, and as such, there have been rules put in place to assure that everyone who visits feels welcome. You are speculating that the review of a thread that recently took place was because of your post. If it was or not is beside the point. These forums are visited by people of all cultures, faiths, and backgrounds. The rules were put in place to assure that everyone feels welcome.

A member reported the thread, and as is forum policy based on the Expanded Forum Rules , the thread was pulled for review. It was returned intact, with every post intact. No posts were edited or deleted, since we as Staff cannot and will not censor opinions which conform to our rules. I would suggest that if you aren't happy with our rules, and if you feel your post was the reason the thread was pulled, than maybe you should soften your messages.

Just as you feel you have a right to voice your opinion, you need to allow everyone that same right. If you post an opinion that doesn't agree with the views of a majority of members, you have to be willing to take some heat sometimes. I'm not saving that's how things should be, only that it is the way things are.

Thread closed to avoid continued and needless debate concerning our Expanded Forum Rules.
Closed Thread